Texas secession petition on White House website fast approaching 25,000-signatures!

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012
I'm sure we have all heard rumors about the movement within Texas to secede from the union and many scoff at the notion. However, with elections like the ones we just had, people tend to become more determined and purposeful.

Just for fun, what would happen if Texas seceded? What would be the reaction of the federal monster in DC and what would become of the people of Texas? Many may not know this, but Texas governed itself for 9 years before becoming annexed by the US government.

I'm sure we have all heard rumors about the movement within Texas to secede from the union and many scoff at the notion. However, with elections like the ones we just had, people tend to become more determined and purposeful.

Just for fun, what would happen if Texas seceded? What would be the reaction of the federal monster in DC and what would become of the people of Texas?

I always said that we should sell it to China to pay off the debt. Seriously, would you miss it?

Ron White had the best idea, I think

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO5EFYY6P14]Ron White on "Paying for the War" - YouTube[/ame]

Just for fun, what would happen if Texas seceded? What would be the reaction of the federal monster in DC and what would become of the people of Texas? Many may not know this, but Texas governed itself for 9 years before becoming annexed by the US government.

what if eleanor roosevelt could have flown?

what if superman was a nazi?

Id move if they made Ron Paul president.

I think it would devestate the Texas economy......at first. Then they could rebuild. It would be an Atlass Shrugged haven for the best and brightest in the US to run to, as well as an outsoursing megaheaven in the end.

They could then start afresh as they cast off the chains of the two mega parties and return to state sovereignty as was originally the design before the Civil War changed things and the federal beast slowly took over all governing.

Last edited:
Id move if they made Ron Paul president.

I think it would devestate the Texas economy......at first. Then they could rebuild. It would be an Atlass Shrugged haven for the best and brightest in the US to run to, as well as an outsoursing megaheaven in the end.

They could then start afresh as they cast off the chains of the two mega parties and return to state sovereignty as was originally the design before the Civil War changed thing and the federal beast slowly took over all governing.

Seriously, we sell it to China. Let them worry about the immigration, wildfires, etc. I bet in about 5 years, they'll want to sell it back to us at a loss.

I think CA, NM and HI are more likely to try it first!

The losers are down to this.

they did the same thing last time.

it's pretty funny, imo.

because if texas left the union, it would mean we wouldn't have to change the flag when puerto rico becomes a state.

win/win

I question your eagerness for Texas to leave. In fact, I think Obama and company might respond with something like this.

$tank man.jpg

Go ahead and tell them they cannot play for the NCAA football championship ever again. That would put a stop to that kind of talk right there.

Ask Abraham Lincoln what we do to seceders;)

But what if the South had won? We would all be forced under one system of slavery. That is what Federalism was designed to do, which is prevent an all one size fits mentality.

You've got it all wrong. Texas doesn't want to secede because Obama was reelected, Texas is determined to succeed despite the fact Obama was reelected.

Go ahead and tell them they cannot play for the NCAA football championship ever again. That would put a stop to that kind of talk right there.

Not if we got them really drunk first. :wine:

Forum List

Back