Texas mocks California travel ban : Most of our new residents are from there

No I mean the also-rans who couldn't make it.

The cost of living here is high no doubt. But people find a way rather than leave. A population of 40 million and growing attests to the fact people love California. I find even the people that bitch and moan about the politics here won't move because I've asked "why don't you move to a state you'd be happier in"? They always respond 'this is my home and almost anything you want to do is within a 3 hour drive. Mountains, coast, amusement parks, Napa Valley for wine. Honestly we've been hearing this "people are leaving California in droves" mantra for 20 years. Uh huh. The economy in CA is the size of Russia's economy, or the UK.

Want to go to Taxus or Florida? No problem, go. I'm not sure what all the whining about CA is about.
But people find a way rather than leave
thats true but many of them dont.....and the most common reason i was told by many of them is, as a retiree they needed a cheaper place to live....and thats a shame that California dont do more to help their retirees outside of forcing them to move out to the middle of fucking nowhere or leaving the state....

Housing here right now is horrendous. For everyone. Even apartment rates are through the roof throughout the state. And it isn't just CA. The Great Recession saw house building take a nose dive and consequently housing availability has gone down which will take a few years to catch up. Until then all housing costs have been rising a lot.
aint that the truth....i just bought a 3 bed 2 bath house, 16 years old with a nice back yard in a solid middle class neighborhood in N.Las Vegas for $155,000,same houses in OC was around $300,000 and were in half ass neighborhoods.....big difference....

That ain't right bud. You came from Anaheim, Ca. a 16 years old house in anaheim is far more than $300k. You can get $300k houses that are built in early 80s or 70s which are very small houses.

North Las Vegas is 106°F right now, dusty and high crime area. That's nice.
Last year 2016 Alaska ranked as #1 and Nevada #2 of the top 10 most dangerous states which regards to crimes, drugs, alcoholism etc. California with the largest population in US and illegals ranked distance #17.

The Most Dangerous States in America

BTW Palm Spring is 112°F but La Jolla is 72°F.

View attachment 135863
N.Las Vegas is not a high crime area....were i moved to there is very little crime,most of it is in the older parts of town near the strip....i am about 35 miles from that area....i live in a mixed neighborhood of whites,blacks,Latinos,you name it their here,but everyone has nice house and car and take care of them and no one is around during the day,i guess they must be working....even the kids are well behaved....i guess everyone is civilized...

That is not what I heard from people that live in that area. If you say West Las Vegas maybe but north Las Vegas? I was told not to venture in that area.

IMG_1831.jpg

California is a state you move to if you want to try to make money.
nice story....so what about the people who lived there their whole lives?...
as a former letter carrier who was handed a hell of a lot of add changes over my last 10 years there,most people told me they were leaving because they could not afford to retire there or wanted to get to a place were you are not taxed to death.....business's told me they were leaving because as a small business they could not keep up the pace with the taxes and regulations just to do business in the State.....

If business and retirees are leaving California then explain why the economy is booming big time here in California.
I've been living here in California 75% of my life the 25% is in Key Biscayne as a business owner with very high involvement in social and economic experiences.
You are a basing your opinion from a letter carrier? A letter carrier? Since when a letter carrier have dealings with businesses.
What businesses that cannot afford to operate California because of regulations? LIKE WHAT?
If business is doing well here in California taxes is not the problem. Remember in business location location location is very critical to business success. Not because of taxes or regulations.
I'm very happy here in California and I will never move anywhere else in this planet.
yea me im that letter carrier, and i delivered to 2 complexes that had 500 businesses between the 2....a GREAT deal of the changes i got had out of State destinations on them,and this was over a 5-7 year period.....and in the 55+ gated community i had, a lot and i mean a lot of those people told they were planing on leaving the state when they retire and MANY of the changes i was given over the years i delivered there were for out of State....
I'm very happy here in California and I will never move anywhere else in this planet
good for you charwin....

During your regular routine which is always in a hurry dropped the mail then run ------- So the owners or others will come out and talk to you about taxes, regulations and moving to other states and retirement? In reality when moving a company it's very sensitive and confidential because of job loss which demoralized the employees.

I talked to a lot of people regularly, like other business owners, seminars, large trade shows and other gatherings ------ The discussions of retiring somewhere or business moving somewhere is extremely very rare.
You make it sound like it's a crisis. That is why I asked the question---- if businesses are leaving. Why is the California's economy is booming?
1. During your regular routine which is always in a hurry dropped the mail then run [/B]
so you saw me out there?.....
a regular is only in a hurry if its at christmas time or election time....and yes we talk to our customers its part of the job its called...."customer relations"...
2. B]In reality when moving a company it's very sensitive and confidential because of job loss which demoralized the employees.[/B]
no the reality is the owner or employees talk about whats going on.....
3. B]Why is the California's economy is booming?[/B]
is it?.....for as many who claim it is there are those who claim it isnt....when i left last year it wasnt.....it was starting to level off,but still had many problems....

1. I never saw you in person but I always see letter carriers delivering bulk of mails ------ dropped the mail and go. I never seen a letter stop and have a long conversations except maybe a minute or 2 with the receptionist, never get a call or visit from USPS never. But people from FedEx, UPS, Amazon, Roadies etc. do call and see me. And I do not discuss about regulations, taxes and business plans.
2. Really? Talk to a letter carrier what is going about their company? Really?

3. Last time I checked California is the 6th largest economy in this planet. Yes like any other states there are problems but people are cherry picking what is bad here in California. You may want to read these links ----- 2015, 16 and 17.

California Today: How California Helps the U.S. Economy

https://www.bizjournals.com/sacrame...rnia-now-world-s-6th-largest-economy.amp.html

California’s economy is bigger than all but five nations, World Bank data says – The Mercury News
you always see letter carriers?.....how many do you see?.....and is it just were you work?....when your customers give you a change of addess and they have been there a while you might start up a conversation.....yea i know, not you.....here is some news for you charwin....if a letter carrier has been on the same route for a few years,he knows more about the goings on in his route area than most of the people who live there,and going just by the mail you get,he knows more about your neighbors than you do,and he knows a lot about you too....

thats true but many of them dont.....and the most common reason i was told by many of them is, as a retiree they needed a cheaper place to live....and thats a shame that California dont do more to help their retirees outside of forcing them to move out to the middle of fucking nowhere or leaving the state....

Housing here right now is horrendous. For everyone. Even apartment rates are through the roof throughout the state. And it isn't just CA. The Great Recession saw house building take a nose dive and consequently housing availability has gone down which will take a few years to catch up. Until then all housing costs have been rising a lot.
aint that the truth....i just bought a 3 bed 2 bath house, 16 years old with a nice back yard in a solid middle class neighborhood in N.Las Vegas for $155,000,same houses in OC was around $300,000 and were in half ass neighborhoods.....big difference....

That ain't right bud. You came from Anaheim, Ca. a 16 years old house in anaheim is far more than $300k. You can get $300k houses that are built in early 80s or 70s which are very small houses.

Last year 2016 Alaska ranked as #1 and Nevada #2 of the top 10 most dangerous states which regards to crimes, drugs, alcoholism etc. California with the largest population in US and illegals ranked distance #17.

View attachment 135863
N.Las Vegas is not a high crime area....were i moved to there is very little crime,most of it is in the older parts of town near the strip....i am about 35 miles from that area....i live in a mixed neighborhood of whites,blacks,Latinos,you name it their here,but everyone has nice house and car and take care of them and no one is around during the day,i guess they must be working....even the kids are well behaved....i guess everyone is civilized...

That is not what I heard from people that live in that area. If you say West Las Vegas maybe but north Las Vegas? I was told not to venture in that area.

View attachment 136020
thats not what i see......N.Las Vegas is pretty new and fairly nice.....and i have a hunch those people you know?.....dont know where n.Las Vegas is....

View attachment 135863

View attachment 136020

But you can't beat their ammenities! Haven't you heard the motto "North Las Vegas, come for the ammenities! Stay for the chalk outline."

Amusing that you select two of seven states that levy no state income taxes (Alaska, Florida, Nevada, South Dakota, Texas, Washington and Wyoming) as targets for you rant. Even more hilarious, CA is one of five states (California, Connecticut, Nebraska, Rhode Island and Vermont) that permit no exemptions or credits for pension or retirement income if it is included in your federal adjusted gross income. Most other states have some form of exemption or adjustment for retirement income.
'

Then saddle up and hit the dusty trail pardner.
I don't need to, I live in Alaska, which is already on the list, thanks. Why in hell would I want to move someplace with as many retired, whiny snowflakes as FL, or someplace as hot and dusty as TX?

I see, so you took that to mean you personally. It was meant generally. Yeah I couldn't imagine living in Florida or Taxus either.

How cold is the coldest month in Alaska during the winter? I could see that thing where Han cuts open the Ton Ton and stuffs Luke in there to keep him warm happening for real in the Alaskan wilderness in the winter.
Nah, just speaking for myself, personally.
Coldest month depends on where you are. In my area, it's around Jan-Feb and can drop to -40F, but usually stays around 0F. Other places, the cold months last longer and get colder.
No Ton Tons here, although a moose might be large enough to stay warm that way, pretty messy way to survive. I believe Jack London's story "To Build a Fire" (1908) had the main character contemplating using his dog in such a manner. I've never heard of anyone doing such a thing, but they will torch their snow machines to stay warm. Nowadays, they often just break out the cell phone and call for help. I still would not recommend Alaskan adventures of that sort for the unprepared, though.
Where are you in CA? I have a sister who lives in the Sacramento area.

Central CA. I travel to LA and the Bay Area fairly regularly. And Monterey is always on the agend though the huge landslide on Highway 1 has ended any drives down 1 for a year. People in Big Sur are really in bad shape already. Business has nearly stopped.
I lived in Monterey a few years. We'd drive to Big Sur on our motorcycles on weekends. Used to hang glide on the mountainside there. Do they still hang glide in CA?

Forum List

Back