Texas mocks California travel ban : Most of our new residents are from there

why?.....many of those leaving are doing so because they cant stand what California has become......
A tiny fraction, maybe. Generally, people move for many other reasons than hating where they live.
yea like they cant afford to live there anymore.....especially retirees, unless of course they are well off.....
California is a state you move to if you want to try to make money. Red states are places you move to because everything is much cheaper, since a whole lot less money is being made by people there. So of course the baby boomers are leaving California for red states now that they're finished trying to make money.
California is a state you move to if you want to try to make money.
nice story....so what about the people who lived there their whole lives?...
as a former letter carrier who was handed a hell of a lot of add changes over my last 10 years there,most people told me they were leaving because they could not afford to retire there or wanted to get to a place were you are not taxed to death.....business's told me they were leaving because as a small business they could not keep up the pace with the taxes and regulations just to do business in the State.....

Those who lived there their whole lives are probably indoctrinated with Ca. fake liberalism. when they move they plant the same ideas, and thoughts into the politcal movements that end up changing the laws and or regulations to the very state they left ( most of them not all ). Taxes and all, EPA and all. etc. etc.
are probably indoctrinated
that has nothing to do with what me or old school was talking about....

The number of Californians leaving the state and moving to Texas is at its highest level in nearly a decade, according to data from the Internal Revenue Service.
According to IRS migration data, which uses individual income tax returns to record year-to-year address changes, over 250,000 California residents moved out of the state between 2013 and 2014, the latest period for which data was available. The tax returns reported more than $21 billion in adjusted gross income to the IRS.

Of the returns, 33,626 reported address changes from California to Texas, which has been the top destination for individuals leaving California since 2007. Californians who moved to Texas between 2013 and 2014 reported $2.19 billion in adjusted gross income.

Number of Californians Moving to Texas Hits Highest Level in Nearly a Decade

I think you're wrong, at least hope you're wrong. It seems to me that people are fleeing who can't afford to live here anymore. I invested with my son in a 3 bdrm condo in late 2012, got it for $220k, a similar but lesser condo in same complex now going for $495k. Could be big money moving into Calif, lesser money going to more affordable places.

I agree it is expensive as hell there and has only worsened in the past few decades. There are surely multiple reasons for it , more than half based off pure bs in which they use to raise prices. Example : They are heavy on protecting the environment so now they put all these laws, regulations, new infrastructures for this or that etc.

By using that as a reason, it gives legitiment excuses to raise the cost of whatever , as they put fake reasoning to doing it the people will accept and or have accepted it. If that makes sense.

As they do so, there is a small percentage these lying bastards put into their pockets and it's not just in Cali. it is in every state.

That is only one small, part of the web they have spun on their high price of living. There are hundreds of other reasons that tie into every standard of living there is from poor , rich they've screwed thier own population in ways most don't think of or aren't aware of.

A tiny fraction, maybe. Generally, people move for many other reasons than hating where they live.
yea like they cant afford to live there anymore.....especially retirees, unless of course they are well off.....
California is a state you move to if you want to try to make money. Red states are places you move to because everything is much cheaper, since a whole lot less money is being made by people there. So of course the baby boomers are leaving California for red states now that they're finished trying to make money.
as a former letter carrier who was handed a hell of a lot of add changes over my last 10 years there,most people told me they were leaving because they could not afford to retire there or wanted to get to a place were you are not taxed to death.....business's told me they were leaving because as a small business they could not keep up the pace with the taxes and regulations just to do business in the State.....

Those who lived there their whole lives are probably indoctrinated with Ca. fake liberalism. when they move they plant the same ideas, and thoughts into the politcal movements that end up changing the laws and or regulations to the very state they left ( most of them not all ). Taxes and all, EPA and all. etc. etc.

That's because you two are indoctrinated so you can't see where i'm coming from. =) That isn't meant in a bad or mean way either. Just means the teachings of what one believes becomes well like a die hard fact to that person. It isn't until one can step out of that taught information venture into other areas and some where along the way a different reality of truth goes off in that person's thought.

Where they have that Ah hah moment of oh yeah this does make sense kinda thought.

The number of Californians leaving the state and moving to Texas is at its highest level in nearly a decade, according to data from the Internal Revenue Service.
According to IRS migration data, which uses individual income tax returns to record year-to-year address changes, over 250,000 California residents moved out of the state between 2013 and 2014, the latest period for which data was available. The tax returns reported more than $21 billion in adjusted gross income to the IRS.

Of the returns, 33,626 reported address changes from California to Texas, which has been the top destination for individuals leaving California since 2007. Californians who moved to Texas between 2013 and 2014 reported $2.19 billion in adjusted gross income.

I think you're wrong, at least hope you're wrong. It seems to me that people are fleeing who can't afford to live here anymore. I invested with my son in a 3 bdrm condo in late 2012, got it for $220k, a similar but lesser condo in same complex now going for $495k. Could be big money moving into Calif, lesser money going to more affordable places.
i invested in a 4 plex in the shadow of Disneyland in 1982 for $80,000....sold it in 2015 for $820,000.....before the shit that happened it was in the $950,000 range...

i invested in a 4 plex in the shadow of Disneyland in 1982 for $80,000....sold it in 2015 for $820,000.....before the shit that happened it was in the $950,000 range...

Dam...............

That's because you two are indoctrinated so you can't see where i'm coming from. =) That isn't meant in a bad or mean way either. Just means the teachings of what one believes becomes well like a die hard fact to that person. It isn't until one can step out of that taught information venture into other areas and some where along the way a different reality of truth goes off in that person's thought.

Where they have that Ah hah moment of oh yeah this does make sense kinda thought.
no i know exactly what you are talking about,but it has nothing to do what me or old school was talking about.....we were talking about money and why people are moving out.....not the liberal mindset....liberal or not you know when you cant afford to live there....or should anyway....

Texas fired back at California’s state-sponsored travel ban, with Attorney General Ken Paxton pointing out that most of the political refugees in Texas are actually from California.

Texas Mocks California Travel Ban: Most Our New Residents Are From There!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not only has the Obama been able to manipulate the public into all the bs they believe now, but it's carried over right on into Trump. All these idiots ANTIFA, BLM, GAY LIBERALS, TRANNY's..... FEMINIST ( radical ) etc, etc are the same bimbos who blame this bs on Trump when proof has it when not a zombie that Obama has created the biggest division in this Country now we have states acting like this and Texas hopefully will be damed before changing into some pathetic liberal nation like California is. They need to seperate from this Country that way the pos losers can all move there and GTF our of America the free.

They all hate Freedom, Rights, and Liberty why do you think they get off having a President who dictates what is right or wrong, and to stupid to see they use their wants and desire against them to keep them enslaved.

Good, all the also-rans from California, those who couldn't make it here, will find a home in Taxus making minimum wage.

God speed to the mediocre migrants to Taxus. Taxus was made for those who put their cars up on cinder blocks in the front yard and the thong wearers at Walmart.
the also-rans from California, those who couldn't make it here
you mean many of the retirees who paid taxes for years to the State but since retirement they cant afford to live there anymore?.........just asking....

Most of the retirees that left California made a lot of money selling their old homes then move to Arizona or Nevada----- buy and paid off a home which is far cheaper then save a the rest. The number of that is very minimal.
It is NOT because they cannot afford. I know several retirees that did that but some regret moving because of the unbearable weather.

Texas fired back at California’s state-sponsored travel ban, with Attorney General Ken Paxton pointing out that most of the political refugees in Texas are actually from California.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not only has the Obama been able to manipulate the public into all the bs they believe now, but it's carried over right on into Trump. All these idiots ANTIFA, BLM, GAY LIBERALS, TRANNY's..... FEMINIST ( radical ) etc, etc are the same bimbos who blame this bs on Trump when proof has it when not a zombie that Obama has created the biggest division in this Country now we have states acting like this and Texas hopefully will be damed before changing into some pathetic liberal nation like California is. They need to seperate from this Country that way the pos losers can all move there and GTF our of America the free.

They all hate Freedom, Rights, and Liberty why do you think they get off having a President who dictates what is right or wrong, and to stupid to see they use their wants and desire against them to keep them enslaved.
Good that means Texas will be blue in a few years
why?.....many of those leaving are doing so because they cant stand what California has become......

That is not true.

California is a state you live in because you want to.

Texas is a state you live in because you have to.

That is not true.
yes it is,i took enough of their changes of addresses....how about you?....

Then when they move they try changing that state into the very state they left.

Just like the morons who flee their Country, they try changing our Country into the same bs they ran from.

These leftist fks are retarded.
Ah, yes, californication: how liberals move to "escape" the mess they've made only to make the same f**ked up mess of the place they "escaped" to. It's happened to a small extent here, too. Buy a house on the edge of the wilderness, tear up the wilderness, plant attractive food sources, feed your dog outside on the deck, and put up a bird feeder and then bitch when the bears eat both the dog food and the dog, and the moose eat up your ornamental weeds...Among other stupid changes...

Even the Hollyweirdos are finding other places to plant their asses.

If business and retirees are leaving California then explain why the economy is booming big time here in California.
I've been living here in California 75% of my life the 25% is in Key Biscayne as a business owner with very high involvement in social and economic experiences.
You are a basing your opinion from a letter carrier? A letter carrier? Since when a letter carrier have dealings with businesses.
What businesses that cannot afford to operate California because of regulations? LIKE WHAT?
If business is doing well here in California taxes is not the problem. Remember in business location location location is very critical to business success. Not because of taxes or regulations.
I'm very happy here in California and I will never move anywhere else in this planet.

Good, all the also-rans from California, those who couldn't make it here, will find a home in Taxus making minimum wage.

God speed to the mediocre migrants to Taxus. Taxus was made for those who put their cars up on cinder blocks in the front yard and the thong wearers at Walmart.
you mean many of the retirees who paid taxes for years to the State but since retirement they cant afford to live there anymore?.........just asking....

No I mean the also-rans who couldn't make it.

The cost of living here is high no doubt. But people find a way rather than leave. A population of 40 million and growing attests to the fact people love California. I find even the people that bitch and moan about the politics here won't move because I've asked "why don't you move to a state you'd be happier in"? They always respond 'this is my home and almost anything you want to do is within a 3 hour drive. Mountains, coast, amusement parks, Napa Valley for wine. Honestly we've been hearing this "people are leaving California in droves" mantra for 20 years. Uh huh. The economy in CA is the size of Russia's economy, or the UK.

Want to go to Taxus or Florida? No problem, go. I'm not sure what all the whining about CA is about.

If business and retirees are leaving California then explain why the economy is booming big time here in California.
I've been living here in California 75% of my life the 25% is in Key Biscayne as a business owner with very high involvement in social and economic experiences.
You are a basing your opinion from a letter carrier? A letter carrier? Since when a letter carrier have dealings with businesses.
What businesses that cannot afford to operate California because of regulations? LIKE WHAT?
If business is doing well here in California taxes is not the problem. Remember in business location location location is very critical to business success. Not because of taxes or regulations.
I'm very happy here in California and I will never move anywhere else in this planet.
yea me im that letter carrier, and i delivered to 2 complexes that had 500 businesses between the 2....a GREAT deal of the changes i got had out of State destinations on them,and this was over a 5-7 year period.....and in the 55+ gated community i had, a lot and i mean a lot of those people told they were planing on leaving the state when they retire and MANY of the changes i was given over the years i delivered there were for out of State....
I'm very happy here in California and I will never move anywhere else in this planet
good for you charwin....

The cost of living here is high no doubt. But people find a way rather than leave. A population of 40 million and growing attests to the fact people love California. I find even the people that bitch and moan about the politics here won't move because I've asked "why don't you move to a state you'd be happier in"? They always respond 'this is my home and almost anything you want to do is within a 3 hour drive. Mountains, coast, amusement parks, Napa Valley for wine. Honestly we've been hearing this "people are leaving California in droves" mantra for 20 years. Uh huh. The economy in CA is the size of Russia's economy, or the UK.

Want to go to Taxus or Florida? No problem, go. I'm not sure what all the whining about CA is about.
But people find a way rather than leave
thats true but many of them dont.....and the most common reason i was told by many of them is, as a retiree they needed a cheaper place to live....and thats a shame that California dont do more to help their retirees outside of forcing them to move out to the middle of fucking nowhere or leaving the state....

thats true but many of them dont.....and the most common reason i was told by many of them is, as a retiree they needed a cheaper place to live....and thats a shame that California dont do more to help their retirees outside of forcing them to move out to the middle of fucking nowhere or leaving the state....

Housing here right now is horrendous. For everyone. Even apartment rates are through the roof throughout the state. And it isn't just CA. The Great Recession saw house building take a nose dive and consequently housing availability has gone down which will take a few years to catch up. Until then all housing costs have been rising a lot.

Most of the retirees that left California made a lot of money selling their old homes then move to Arizona or Nevada----- buy and paid off a home which is far cheaper then save a the rest. The number of that is very minimal.
It is NOT because they cannot afford. I know several retirees that did that but some regret moving because of the unbearable weather.

I can confirm that from personal experience. Bought a house in California for $140,000 and, after retiring, sold it for $399,800 and moved to a state where there is no income tax; no state sales tax and property taxes are about 1/2 those in California - but where the first $150,000 valuation of a personal home is property tax exempt for we over 65. The proceeds bought me a new house and the adjoining one which became a cash-cow rental. Every bit of it free and clear though the rental does pay property tax.

Funny thing is, the company I worked for left California just two years after I retired.

Housing here right now is horrendous. For everyone. Even apartment rates are through the roof throughout the state. And it isn't just CA. The Great Recession saw house building take a nose dive and consequently housing availability has gone down which will take a few years to catch up. Until then all housing costs have been rising a lot.
aint that the truth....i just bought a 3 bed 2 bath house, 16 years old with a nice back yard in a solid middle class neighborhood in N.Las Vegas for $155,000,same houses in OC was around $300,000 and were in half ass neighborhoods.....big difference....

Forum List

Back