Texas House Panel approves full legalization of marijuana

It cleared one committee with little chance of clearing any other.
Would surprise me if it did. The biggest problem with the legalization in Colorado was many didn't understand or even bother to read what the law said so some of these morons started lighting up in public, can't do that. Also all the surrounding states are having issues because their residents drive into Colorado, buy as much pot as they can then drive home over the state lines creating an enforcement nightmare. One other problem is many employers in Colorado still require a piss test and will not hire someone (or they will fire someone) who tests positive, if you're a government worker or contractor don't even think about it, it will destroy your career.
Personally don't smoke the shit myself but have no problem with it being legalized nationally with the same restrictions that are placed on booze.

Well now, Texas! Now I'm sure the government play games. Legalizing it nationally would be enough once and forever.
One other problem is many employers in Colorado still require a piss test and will not hire someone (or they will fire someone) who tests positive, if you're a government worker or contractor don't even think about it, it will destroy your career.
Aw damn, government allows it to use it for recreation, but employers think other way, what the hell...

With the advancement of street drugs that kill relatively quickly, I am now leaning toward the legalization of all drugs. The only objection is that many users will have hearts that stop while in police custody. Their bizarre and violent behavior causes police calls. The police should decline to come out if a person appears to be under the influence of drugs. Treat those calls like calling 911 for lost keys.

Then we move towards a workable solution. The guy who eats a pot cookie then impales himself on a fence will hang there until the health department comes out.

It won't become law, right now anyway. Give it another decade though and Texas like the rest of the country will vote to be out of their heads.

It might be the best way to deal with the explosion of drug use and the increasingly dangerous product. Keep the police out of it. A report should say no more than "individual appeared to be under the influence " then they leave.

Forum List

Back