Texas Hospital Tell Illegal "Go To Mexico For Surgery"

Discussion in 'Immigration/Illegal Immigration' started by Tank, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Tank

Tank Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,952
    A Texas hospital is under fire for allegedly telling a surgical patient she had to leave the hospital immediately because she was an illegal immigrant.

Maria Sanchez, 24, told the Houston Chronicle that she had been at John Sealy Hospital -- part of the University of Texas Medical system -- for six days when a doctor told her on Jan. 12 that she should go to Mexico to have surgery on her growing spinal tumor. The hospital discharged her that day, the paper reported.

Texas Hospital Under Fire for Allegedly Discharging Surgical Patient Due to Immigration Status - FoxNews.com

2. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,678
    Emergency treatment is all that is required.

3. gekaap

gekaap BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +135
    Depending on the nature of her condition, surgery could be seen as necessary within the scope of emergency care. But, I don't think that a hospital would go out on such a limb and take that kind of risk. Medical malpractice is a bitch.

4. Terral

Terral Terral Corp CEO

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +91
    Hi Tank:

Obama allows 20 million illegal alien foreign nationals to run around loose everywhere and Congress looks the other way and so-called 'law enforcement' looks the other way, so the illegals should get all the free health care they need. Americans should build hospitals just for illegal aliens, so they have some place to send their illegal maid and gardener and those working for cash under the table in their companies.

Hell, Americans should build a house for every illegal alien and provide them a car and a driver's license and insurance for them and their entire family in Mexico and their grandparents and cousins and their next door neighbors. Every illegal alien running around in America needs a house on the beach and ten thousand shares of Google stock with another thousand shares of Microsoft thrown in for good measure. But why stop there? Stupid Americans let a Kenyan-born immigrant to Indonesia squat in the White House and call all the shots, because the whole damned country is worthy of utter destruction for being a bunch of idiots.

I say give the illegal alien a brain transplant if he or she wants one and make stupid Americans foot the bill. Put the debt on your children and grandchildren, because they will follow the American tradition and let 100 million of the ba***rds run around loose everywhere and wonder why the country is going to hell in a hand basket ...

GL,

Terral

Last edited: Feb 9, 2011
  5. The Infidel

The Infidel EVIL CONSERVATIVE

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,173
    :clap2:

Good.... next!

6. LilOlLady

LilOlLady Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +761
    It about time we get here. Hospitals can no longer give free sevices and stay in business. ER rooms in many hospitals have closed because of use by illegals.
    Private hospitals can turn away illegals and send them to public hospitals.

The children of illegal aliens (anchor babies) have bankrupted the state of California

In 2003, the American Southwest saw 77 hospitals enter bankruptcy due to unpaid medical bills incurred by illegal aliens. A staggering 84 hospitals in California alone, have been forced to close their doors because of the growing crisis. Hospitals which manage to remain open, pass the unpaid costs onto the rest of us, which translates into more out-of-pocket expenses and higher insurance premiums for Americans.
    The children of illegal aliens (anchor babies) have bankrupted the state of California - National Immigration reform | Examiner.com

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. Grace

Grace BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +742
    Why don't we ever hear about hospitals in other countries doing the same thing? Why are we expected to always be pc?
    I have a helluva time paying for my own medical needs and I suffer myself due to no insurance. Why the hell is she more special? She isn't. I sympathize with her problem, but it isn't OUR problem. Maybe her employer who hired her illegally will pay for it.

8. LilOlLady

LilOlLady Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +761
    The hospital treated her and sent her on her way. All they had to do was treat the emergency and that is all. Evidently surgery was not an emergency. No mal-practice here. They would do the same to any other citizen where it was not an emergency. See your doctor and let him make the arrangements. or go the hell back to Mexico

9. Terral

Terral Terral Corp CEO

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +91
    Hi Lady:

We agree on most of what you write on this topic, but please allow me to show a different perspective:

We agree, but the local governments allow illegal aliens to run around loose EVERYWHERE, until some percentage ends up at the hospital. The banks cannot help it if the local governments refuse to enforce the immigration laws and the employment laws and the document fraud laws and the vagrancy laws and all the damned laws that nobody is enforcing. The illegals did not shut down anything, because they are not even supposed to be here.

The problem is with the idiots running the local governments and the state governments and the federal governments who allow this problem to destroy America right before our eyes. Local law enforcement knows damned good and well that their jurisdiction is filled to the brim with illegals and they keep eating donuts and looking the other way. The local people deserve no hospital in their neighborhood if they are going to allow illegals to move in and take over the place.

No. The idiot congressmen and senators and judges are misinterpreting the 14th Amendment in favor of LAWLESSNESS, by allowing illegal aliens to march across our borders to have children and earn THE REWARD of citizenship. If you are going to allow people to go into a bank and run out with a boatload of cash ILLEGALLY and then REWARD THEM, then the problem is with you and not the bank robbers. The government officials allow the hostpitals to hand out American birth certificates to illegal aliens, so the state of California deserves to be bankrupt for being run by a bunch of idiots. Pure and simple.

If everyone from the President of the USA to the governor and state police and the local sheriff is going to allow illegal aliens to run around loose everywhere, then their budgets should include money to pay the hospital bills of every illegal alien they allow to run around in their jurisdiction. The hospitals should be suing the local, state and federal governments and each corrupt official for every penny paid out for their illegal alien labor pool. To hand out services for which you know is going to bankrupt the hospital is beyond the realm of stupidity.

California has an open door to all illegals on earth saying, "Everything is free in America," so California and Californians deserve to be bankrupt. Get rid of the illegals and the problem goes with them back to Mexico. Aid, abet and harbor illegals and pay the price. Period.

Hospitals in California should pass the bill to every Californian for allowing 3 million illegal aliens to run around loose everywhere as their cheap labor pool. The tax bases should be allowed to implode along with the consumer bases, because Californians are stupid and deserve to go bankrupt for having such idiotic polices. California is the leader in Sanctuary Cities for their illegal aliens, so let the whole lot go down with the ship.

GL,

Terral

10. signelect

signelect BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +216
    I was born here, paid taxes here, and retired here and am on medicare, my wife is not old enough yet for medicare so we have to budget to buy insurance. She has paid her dues too but we still pay. I am sorry for the woman but we (legal residents of the USA) can't and shouldn't pay the medical expense of every fence jumper that sneaks in to this country. No other country in the world would let that happen. I will see if I can get a grant from Obama and start up a bus service from Houston to Mexico to haul them(illegals) all back across the border. Of course I would have to buy some congressman to get the grant but that seems to be the system.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1