Testicle-Eating Pacu Fish

Alex.

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2014
"They bite because they’re hungry, and testicles sit nicely in their mouths,” he said. “And its mouth is not so big, so of course it normally eats nuts, fruit and small fish, but human testicles are just a natural target.

Native to South America, the omnivorous freshwater fish is usually found in the Amazon and the rivers of Papua New Guinea. However, the pacu find in Michigan is just the most recent sighting in U.S. waterways."

fISH_0021744755689.jpg

Testicle-Eating Pacu Fish Found in Michigan Lake

River Monsters: Ball Buster

I read this with my legs closed. I am wearing a cup next time I go swimming.

• Banned
I thought these fish were just a myth until I read this today. They'll have me singing soprano in no time. Why would anyone want these nut grubbing fish for thier acquarium.

The testicle-biting thing was almost certainly a joke or urban legend the locals passed on to Jeremy Wade. It's much like the story of the little spiny fish that can supposedly swim up a urine stream and lodge in your urethra. That is, not true.

• Banned
The testicle-biting thing was almost certainly a joke or urban legend the locals passed on to Jeremy Wade. It's much like the story of the little spiny fish that can supposedly swim up a urine stream and lodge in your urethra. That is, not true.

Thanks I am still trying to figure this out.

Here it says, "Pacu have wide teeth shaped like molars and strong jaw muscles that allow them to crack open tree nuts and other tough aquatic foods. Somewhat terrifyingly, however, the fish have been known to mistake human testicles for tree nuts. Two men in New Guinea reportedly died from blood loss after a Pacu chomped on theirs"

10-Inch Pacu Testicle-Eating Fish Caught In Passaic New Jersey

This is driving me nuts.

I will listen to some music as I do some research

Nutcracker Suite

Last edited:
Even if this is true, which I doubt, unless you're swimming buck naked I hardly see how this is an issue.

I thought these fish were just a myth until I read this today. They'll have me singing soprano in no time. Why would anyone want these nut grubbing fish for thier acquarium.

No. You only sing soprano if you have someone's testicles in your mouth, so I think you are pretty safe, there.

This is true they do bite nuts.

"The fish is the pacu, a vegetarian who, although it prefers fruits and nuts that drop into the Amazon River and its tributaries, has been known to confuse nuts for human flesh. The pacu caught in Michigan was caught on a hook that was baited with a nightcrawler and catfish.

In Papua New Guinea, where the pacu has also escaped, it is believed to have mistaken male reproductive organs for nuts. Two fishermen were reportedly were bitten and bled to death in 2011, according to Jeremy Wade, host of Animal Planet’s “River Monsters.”

Testicle-Munching Fish All That Dangerous Discovery News

Forum List

Back