Tesla's Shares Drop 15%

If Tesla had a waiting list, then why did they need taxpayer subsidized rebates?

Because they could get them?

Just becuase they have a waiting list for their product doesn not mean they are flush with operating capitol. They get paid for their product when the product is sold.

why did the finiancial sector need a bailout? They still had plenty of customers.

So your response is basically that other companies have received taxpayer funding, so Tesla deserves some as well.

Thanks for sharing.

My Beast...................

106-1.jpg

But a SMARTCAR is way cooler.....................

If Tesla had a waiting list, then why did they need taxpayer subsidized rebates?

Just becuase they have a waiting list for their product doesn not mean they are flush with operating capitol. They get paid for their product when the product is sold.

why did the finiancial sector need a bailout? They still had plenty of customers.

So your response is basically that other companies have received taxpayer funding, so Tesla deserves some as well.

Thanks for sharing.

So your response is..

Tesla should not recieve public funding like a million other corporations because you don't like em?

Thanks for sharing.

Um..it might be because several major car companies are now manufacturing electric cars.

what is the list price for the car BEFORE rebate?

?

This thread is about the dip in Tesla's stock. I pointed out that major car companies manufacturing the same product might have a little to do with that.

Cottage industries..don't do to well once the majors get involved.

I think Tesla might survive if they cater to a niche market.

Tesla does cater to a niche market, the major car companies do not, I am not aware of production plans of any major car company for a luxury high performance electric car.

I could be wrong but if you know of what you speak I would like to see or know about the product.

what is the list price for the car BEFORE rebate?

?

This thread is about the dip in Tesla's stock. I pointed out that major car companies manufacturing the same product might have a little to do with that.

Cottage industries..don't do to well once the majors get involved.

I think Tesla might survive if they cater to a niche market.

Tesla does cater to a niche market, the major car companies do not, I am not aware of production plans of any major car company for a luxury high performance electric car.

I could be wrong but if you know of what you speak I would like to see or know about the product.

The Model S is a sporty but family friendly car. Probably meant to appeal to the general public.

Thanks for sharing.

So your response is..

Tesla should not recieve public funding like a million other corporations because you don't like em?

Thanks for sharing.

I do not believe other wrongs justify an additional one.

It helps to have a moral core and a value system, things you apparently lack.

You wanna see something funny as shit.............see some meathead show up to the gym and get out of a Yaris of Smartcar in a tough guy tank top.

hotbodz-5040.jpg

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD...........if you can sit there and watch that without shitting your drawers from laughing so hard, you get a nickel from me.

Because they produce an electric car which qualifies for gubmint rebates. Hell, we have gold cart companies around here adding lights and whatnot to their carts to make them street legal and the rebate offsets the cost of the cart. The company ends up getting paid by the gubmint and the "buyer" gets a free cart.

WHY are YOU and I financing a niche luxury car market?

For the same reason that we finance a whole lot of high tech R&D via the military budget.

NO, I don't buy that at all.

The bottom line is that an all electric auto fleet IS the best option on the horizon provided we can overcome the technology to develop good batteries.

is that all?

And of course the hope is that financing the upfront costs for development will result in a less expensive product once the economies of scale begin to pay dividends.

Electric autos as faster, safer, take up less room on the road and in parking spaces, are more reliable, require less service, don't pollute at all in operation, and essentially run on any kind of energy that can be used to generate electricity, including energy collected at the point of use from wind and water etc (which is twice as efficient as centralized power production).

It is the ideal platform if we can overcome onboard storage issues.

uh huh. IF WE CAN OVERCOME etc etc...yes I see.so its is an issue ? Now? We are oh at least 10 years or more away.

safer? how so? they are smaller...... so that equates to safety somehow? and don't use the gasoline thing please.

elec. outlets with the necessary amperage exist....where? further charge issues- 10 hours at 120 outlet, 4 hours using a dedicated 240-volt line.

And who builds the charging stations? where?

How much to plug in and RECHARGE.

And a $60K electric auto isn't nearly the luxury vehicle that a gasoline powered auto is because the electric vehicle will cost less than half as much to operate. You pay more in advance for electric vehicles and then you save $10-20K over the life of the vehicle in fuel and service costs.

that cost effective explanation is inadequate and inaccurate, sorry LC but it is.

Save 10-20K?? What is the current cost for a battery change for a volt? prius?

Some of us laid this all out way back in the Volt thread we had going here.

Spending 60k for a car, wait, lets say 50K with the REBATE ( thats a subsidy, provdied by the taxpayer of $7500.00), the interior is smaller,- it has less head and leg room than a mid size econ. car a third of its price.

Gas would have to be 7 bucks a gallon to make a go of it.

that cost effective explanation is inadequate and inaccurate, sorry LC but it is.

Save 10-20K?? What is the current cost for a battery change for a volt? prius?

Some of us laid this all out way back in the Volt thread we had going here.

Spending 60k for a car, wait, lets say 50K with the REBATE ( thats a subsidy, provdied by the taxpayer of $7500.00), the interior is smaller,- it has less head and leg room than a mid size econ. car a third of its price.

Gas would have to be 7 bucks a gallon to make a go of it.

Isn't that one of the motivations for the moratorium on Gulf Drilling?

When Tesla formally announced the Model S Sedan last June, the MSRP bandied was about $60,000 for the all-electric sedan. In its newsletter today, Tesla has confirmed that the "anticipated base price" for the Model S will be $57,400. With a federal tax credit of $7,500 available, however, the Model S should cost just $49,900.​
We gave Tesla almost half a billion dollars to develop a luxury sedan? WTF?!

Why taxpayers should be subsidizing a luxury car company is beyond all logic and decency.
Well, that's why Democrats did it, then. :cool:

For the same reason that we finance a whole lot of high tech R&D via the military budget. The bottom line is that an all electric auto fleet IS the best option on the horizon provided we can overcome the technology to develop good batteries.

And a $60K electric auto isn't nearly the luxury vehicle that a gasoline powered auto is because the electric vehicle will cost less than half as much to operate. You pay more in advance for electric vehicles and then you save $10-20K over the life of the vehicle in fuel and service costs.

And of course the hope is that financing the upfront costs for development will result in a less expensive product once the economies of scale begin to pay dividends.

Electric autos as faster, safer, take up less room on the road and in parking spaces, are more reliable, require less service, don't pollute at all in operation, and essentially run on any kind of energy that can be used to generate electricity, including energy collected at the point of use from wind and water etc (which is twice as efficient as centralized power production).

How exactly do you save money on these? It takes 30,000 watts on average to charge the batteries. In CA that's around 33 dollars. You get to go 100 miles on that charge. To go 300 miles that equates out to 99 dollars. I can go the same distance in my Outback for 38 bucks (and I have a hopped up turbocharged Outback!). Then what do you do after the batteries have worn out? The replacement charge on the Tesla is around 25 thousand bucks! That is after around 2000 cycles. In other words the used market for any EV is going to be pretty poor adding yet more waste to the green ledger.

The green energy bubble.

When Tesla formally announced the Model S Sedan last June, the MSRP bandied was about $60,000 for the all-electric sedan. In its newsletter today, Tesla has confirmed that the "anticipated base price" for the Model S will be $57,400. With a federal tax credit of $7,500 available, however, the Model S should cost just $49,900.​
We gave Tesla almost half a billion dollars to develop a luxury sedan? WTF?!

this was to enable the evil rich to show off their eco. awareness, while they were bashed for being the evil rich.....who would buy a "toy" elect. car for kicks.
Indeed. So let them pay for their own damn cars.

For the same reason that we finance a whole lot of high tech R&D via the military budget. The bottom line is that an all electric auto fleet IS the best option on the horizon provided we can overcome the technology to develop good batteries.

How exactly do you save money on these? It takes 30,000 watts on average to charge the batteries. In CA that's around 33 dollars. You get to go 100 miles on that charge. To go 300 miles that equates out to 99 dollars. I can go the same distance in my Outback for 38 bucks (and I have a hopped up turbocharged Outback!). Then what do you do after the batteries have worn out? The replacement charge on the Tesla is around 25 thousand bucks! That is after around 2000 cycles. In other words the used market for any EV is going to be pretty poor adding yet more waste to the green ledger.

Hence the dual pronged "big rebates" plus "driving up the cost of gasoline" agenda.

New Topics

Forum List

Back