Tesla's Shares Drop 15%

Yes, I figured that out...eventually. :lol:

However, I have yet to see a rational reason why the Feds are giving Tesla money.

I feel the same way about the Feds giving money to Blackwater, Raytheon, Dyncorp, Boeing, Northop Grumman, Halliburton, BP, Exxon Mobil, Microsoft, GM, Ford, and a host of others..

the gov buys items from them, or provides tax breaks.

Seriously?

Really?

Buys stuff from them? Gives them tax breaks?

Although either one of those is true..and is basically the same as just giving them money..they do far more with a good deal of those companies. Such as engage in R&D. Or do you think the Humvee was in the showrooms when a government official showed up?

Add in the government also subsidizes sports arenas..which are always a big money loser.

Amazing how many say that out spirit of innovation and new ideas will save us but come down on a company that is doing exactly that?

Amazing how many say that out spirit of innovation and new ideas will save us but come down on a company that is doing exactly that?

I don't see Tesla doing any real innovation though. They are taking technology, developed by others, and incorporating it into a cute little car that technologically is not that far advanced from the EV's of a decade ago. I am all for innovation. I would just like to see some real innovation for my tax dollars.

I don't see Tesla doing any real innovation though. They are taking technology, developed by others, and incorporating it into a cute little car that technologically is not that far advanced from the EV's of a decade ago. I am all for innovation. I would just like to see some real innovation for my tax dollars.

You mean like Bill Gates of Microsoft did?

Yeah..can't see the value in that.

Cool.

So you are suggesting a line item tax form so tax payers can pick and choose what taxes go to..

I am all for it.

No, I am suggesting that the government stay out of areas it has no business in.

And you were elected dictator..when exactly?
Ahhh, yes, because making suggestions that government power be decreased is a sure sign of megalomania.

Have I laughed in your face yet today? I think I'm overdue. :rofl:

Getting senile in your old age?

The subject was the stock dropping 15%.

I posted a possible reason why..

:cuckoo:

However, I have yet to see a rational reason why the Feds are giving Tesla money.

I feel the same way about the Feds giving money to Blackwater, Raytheon, Dyncorp, Boeing, Northop Grumman, Halliburton, BP, Exxon Mobil, Microsoft, GM, Ford, and a host of others..
Some of those give goods and services for the money they receive.

Tesla? Nope.

Tesla? Nope.

The difference being what?

Cool.

So you are suggesting a line item tax form so tax payers can pick and choose what taxes go to..

I am all for it.

No, I am suggesting that the government stay out of areas it has no business in.

And just who decides which areas those are?

Guess what? Our democratically elected government does that. :beer:
Kind of cyclical logic but the way it is.

I agree. Damn shame they don't read the directions.

Last edited:

Tesla? Nope.

The difference being what?
When you give companies money, don't you expect something in return?

Yep Gates pretty much reworked CPM and called it DOS.

When you give companies money, don't you expect something in return?

Umm Yes I do, but the government does not seem to.
And when investors do it they know they are gambling.
The government doesn't get something from Blackwater, Raytheon, Dyncorp, Boeing, Northop Grumman, Halliburton? :confused:

They get something from sports arenas?
Tax breaks for oil companies?
For McDonalds to advertise in foreign countries?
Wool subsidies for sheep farmers?

the list of corporate welfare is pretty much endless.
I could dig lists up but really do not give enough of a rats ass to do so right now. Sorry Rat :D

Umm Yes I do, but the government does not seem to.
And when investors do it they know they are gambling.
The government doesn't get something from Blackwater, Raytheon, Dyncorp, Boeing, Northop Grumman, Halliburton? :confused:

They get something from sports arenas?
Tax breaks for oil companies?
For McDonalds to advertise in foreign countries?
Wool subsidies for sheep farmers?

the list of corporate welfare is pretty much endless.
I could dig lists up but really do not give enough of a rats ass to do so right now. Sorry Rat :D
Oh, I agree not all companies need to get government money. The ones I listed provide goods and services directly to the government.

Yep Gates pretty much reworked CPM and called it DOS.

And in the reworking how much of an improvement was there?

Forum List

Back