Tesla Powerwall in Australia: Electricity bill dives from $660 to $50

No, it's not you. Since when do you pay all the taxes? Maybe YOU should pay more taxes and help get down the national debt then. I never knew only one person paid all the taxes in the United States! WoW!
Wow! The Democrats dictate that we pay them to install Solar Panels. The Democrats drive up the National Debt researching Solar Panels in our Universities. The Democrats drive up the National Debt giving money to campaign donors who build Solar Panels. The Democrats drive up the National Debt creating huge Government Departments devoted to Solar Panels and Emissions. And then they Dictate that I must pay down the National Debt through tax!

Never in my life have I seen a more tyrannical government.

No, it's not you. Since when do you pay all the taxes? Maybe YOU should pay more taxes and help get down the national debt then. I never knew only one person paid all the taxes in the United States! WoW!
Wow! The Democrats dictate that we pay them to install Solar Panels. The Democrats drive up the National Debt researching Solar Panels in our Universities. The Democrats drive up the National Debt giving money to campaign donors who build Solar Panels. The Democrats drive up the National Debt creating huge Government Departments devoted to Solar Panels and Emissions. And then they Dictate that I must pay down the National Debt through tax!

Never in my life have I seen a more tyrannical government.

Do you not understand that coal and natural gas is not a renewable energy source? Do you not understand that our world population is growing exponentially? Do you NOT understand that not everyone lives in areas where they can have power plants? Do you NOT understand that as a society we HAVE to find new, clean, renewable, energy sources? Obviously, you don't understand the importance of such things, as you are more worried about reading your check stub each week to see if you paid off the national debt with all the taxes you are paying for the entire country, by yourself.

Prove me wrong, you can't do it, you have not the education nor ability, to prove what you contend to be true.

You can not build Solar Panels or Wind Turbines without oil, and further, you must increase the use of Oil to build the biggest monstrosities that produce next to no electricity, compared to traditional sources of electricity.

Show how smart you are, engage the idea you posted, you can not do it, which frustrates you. I can't wait to see your response, I imagine it will be the smartest thing you ever posted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your brain pulled the pin on a grenade and forgot to throw it.
Prove me wrong, you can't do it, you have not the education nor ability, to prove what you contend to be true.

You can not build Solar Panels or Wind Turbines without oil, and further, you must increase the use of Oil to build the biggest monstrosities that produce next to no electricity, compared to traditional sources of electricity.

Show how smart you are, engage the idea you posted, you can not do it, which frustrates you. I can't wait to see your response, I imagine it will be the smartest thing you ever posted.

You don't get it... you most likely will never totally phase out oil and coal, but it needs to be limited so it lasts. And it will not last as long as you continue to make it your primary source of energy.

You don't get it... you most likely will never totally phase out oil and coal, but it needs to be limited so it lasts. And it will not last as long as you continue to make it your primary source of energy.
Oil? Oil is not used to make electricity, hence building Solar Panels and Wind Turbines does not save Oil, in fact, it increases the use of Oil, in the manufacturing and maintenance of of Wind and Solar. Coal, again, you must use Coal to build Solar and Wind, you actually increase the use of Coal to build Solar and Wind. I agree we do not need to make electricity from Coal, which will leave Wind and Solar manufacture as the largest source of pollution utilizing coal.

You speak as if Wind Turbines and Solar Panels last forever, and that they actually produce more than a trickle of power.

Your idea is beautiful, save the World. Technically the idea is not thought through and the real World implementation of Renewable power is a very big problem.

Renewables are not renewable, and do not conserve energy, they simply make government powerful, and Wall St. rich, period.

Oil? Oil is not used to make electricity, hence building Solar Panels and Wind Turbines does not save Oil, in fact, it increases the use of Oil, in the manufacturing and maintenance of of Wind and Solar. Coal, again, you must use Coal to build Solar and Wind, you actually increase the use of Coal to build Solar and Wind. I agree we do not need to make electricity from Coal, which will leave Wind and Solar manufacture as the largest source of pollution utilizing coal.

You speak as if Wind Turbines and Solar Panels last forever, and that they actually produce more than a trickle of power.

Your idea is beautiful, save the World. Technically the idea is not thought through and the real World implementation of Renewable power is a very big problem.

Renewables are not renewable, and do not conserve energy, they simply make government powerful, and Wall St. rich, period.

Let me guess, you are a Georgia Guide Stone follower?

What kind of price can you put on saving the world's environment? Even if it was a wash, you get two distinct benefits, first you are helping the environment, and secondly you are no longer grid dependent and have to worry if someone knocks down an electric pole that your electricity will be out for a couple of days.

You seem to ignore the toxic mess that lithium battery production leaves behind. Nothing in life is free. No matter what you do to create energy there is a cost.

Let me guess, you are a Georgia Guide Stone follower?
You are not here to discuss anything scholarly or technical, only your feelings? And if one disagrees with your feelings, than you must scorn and ridicule them?

That is how Renewables are sold, first you give a name to Solar and Wind that has nothing to do with what they actually are, in this case, Renewables. There is nothing Renewable about a Wind Turbine or Solar Panel. Then if anyone points out the facts of your belief, then they must be ridiculed.

Renewables have been a success, Wall St. has profited from Government dictating that we will purchase what they produce. Government has grown larger, with many departments now dedicating to furthering the lie of Renewable power. Government departments are dedicated to advertising, public relations, to sell the public on something that does not work, which will cost us $44 Trillion dollars. I get that figure from the originator of this post, Matthew, who inadvertently led me to the EIA and CERES reports that document this to be fact. $44 Trillions of dollars to be created, added to our debt, and given to corporations of Wall st.

How big is his solar panel? And what is the overall cost of his storage bank?

Jimmy Carter was pushing solar energy. He put panels on the roof of the White House and Reagan removed them. If Carter's plan had been carried through I wonder where it would have gone by now.

Those panels were incredibly inefficient compared to those produced today. What if the government stopped giving money to companies like Solyndra, that was over $500 billion by the way, and gave it to scientist to actually advance the research to improve the technology. So.ar can provide a large amount of energy for the world, but the government needs to approach it likesendi g a man to the moon and stop tying to support companies, instead support research and development.

The theoretical maximum efficiency for a solar module, of any era, is 24%. No module has ever even come close to that. My panels are producing around 9% efficiency as i check my meter, that is pretty good. Usually it is in the 7% range. They are old however. Modern modules are going to give you 13% on the low end up to 18% on the high end.

Ok let me add a couple things too. In the U.S. there is also a tax credit people can get when they install solar energy in their homes, which can help offset the price of the system.

Solar Investment Tax Credit (ITC)

Not to mention, some home owners with solar panel systems not just get reduced electric bills, but some actually produce enough electricity they get a check from the electric companies.

Zero energy homeowners in Issaquah get checks, not bills, from electric company

A tax credit paid for by non solar power users. In other words we get our tax credits by taxing those who don't have the systems.

Do you not understand that coal and natural gas is not a renewable energy source?
Then, why is using more coal and natural gas to make Solar Panels and Wind Turbines a good idea. When you deplete the Coal and Natural Gas supply making Solar Panels and Wind Turbines, that is it, you will not be able to continue with your idea of a Renewable Energy Source. A source of electricity that is entirely dependent on the continued use of Oil, Natural Gas, and Coal is simply a bad idea, and that is Solar and Wind.

Do you not understand that our world population is growing exponentially?
Using the Wind and Solar to produce electricty does not increase electricity production exponentially nor increase the production of electricity at the same rate the population grows. And lets not forget the component you leave out, Industry, Solar and Wind do not and can not supply power to industry, which is needed to produce solar and wind in the 1st place.

Do you not understand that our world population is growing exponentially?
Using the Wind and Solar to produce electricty does not increase electricity production exponentially nor increase the production of electricity at the same rate the population grows. And lets not forget the component you leave out, Industry, Solar and Wind do not and can not supply power to industry, which is needed to produce solar and wind in the 1st place.

So genius, you are the one that said it is a waste of time, money, and resources for our government to help fund research for our universities to research renewable energy. Since coal, oil, and gas is a non-renewable energy, and our population is growing exponentially, what is YOUR answer to future energy sources when the others dry up?

Or are you one of those people with the mind set, "I don't care, I'll be dead by then."

Do you NOT understand that as a society we HAVE to find new, clean, renewable, energy sources?

Solar and Wind is not clean, they destroy the environment. First, they take millions of acres of land, measured in square miles, which kills animals, birds, lizards, turtles, bats, and insects. Solar and Wind require more manufacturing and heavy industry than any other source of Electricity. That is very damaging to the the environment. No matter how you look at it, to describe Wind and Solar as clean is a complete lie. I have addressed all your beliefs. Maybe you can actually prove something that you believe, like show us how Clean Energy is clean, in a technical way.

So genius, you are the one that said it is a waste of time, money, and resources for our government to help fund research for our universities to research renewable energy. Since coal, oil, and gas is a non-renewable energy, and our population is growing exponentially, what is YOUR answer to future energy sources when the others dry up?

Or are you one of those people with the mind set, "I don't care, I'll be dead by then."
Solar Panels and Wind Turbines are more of a non-renewable than Coal, Oil, and Gas. You can not build them without coal, oil, or gas. What is your solution when you can no longer build or maintain the failed system you are actively promoting. All you can do is question everyone else, you can never support the premise of this thread or your own idea.

If you can not support your own idea, you idea has failed.

Sorry, but when we run out of oil, life is over. Life is dependent on oil, using more Oil, faster, to produce, to manufacture Wind and Solar plants, is about as crazy as it gets. But hey, it is the Democrats that dream of a Utopia with no people. Wind and Solar drive us to extinction quicker. Period.

Solar Panels and Wind Turbines are more of a non-renewable than Coal, Oil, and Gas. You can not build them without coal, oil, or gas. What is your solution when you can no longer build or maintain the failed system you are actively promoting. All you can do is question everyone else, you can never support the premise of this thread or your own idea.

If you can not support your own idea, you idea has failed.

Sorry, but when we run out of oil, life is over. Life is dependent on oil, using more Oil, faster, to produce, to manufacture Wind and Solar plants, is about as crazy as it gets. But hey, it is the Democrats that dream of a Utopia with no people. Wind and Solar drive us to extinction quicker. Period.

REALLY? When oil is gone life is over? That's your answer?

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

The theoretical maximum efficiency for a solar module, of any era, is 24%. No module has ever even come close to that. My panels are producing around 9% efficiency as i check my meter, that is pretty good. Usually it is in the 7% range. They are old however. Modern modules are going to give you 13% on the low end up to 18% on the high end.
Does that mean they are worthwhile, or not?

Everything I've read about Germany's progress in this area has been positive. What do you know about that example?

REALLY? When oil is gone life is over? That's your answer?

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
Your answer, to use more Oil, faster, and in greater quantities, is not a solution but a problem, so what you goin to do when you use up all the Oil? You Wind Turbine will die in the field, you Solar Panel will cease to be replaced and maintained as they burn up. You have no answers, only ridicule. I get it, everyone can see it, if they read these posts.

Forum List

Back