"Tesla introduces Tesla Energy, a suite of batteries for homes, businesses, and utilities fostering

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
"Tesla introduces Tesla Energy, a suite of batteries for homes, businesses, and utilities fostering a clean energy ecosystem and helping wean the world off fossil fuels"

With Tesla Energy, Tesla is amplifying its efforts to accelerate the move away from fossil fuels to a sustainable energy future with Tesla batteries, enabling homes, business, and utilities to store sustainable and renewable energy to manage power demand, provide backup power and increase grid resilience.

Tesla is already working with utilities and other renewable power partners around the world to deploy storage on the grid to improve resiliency and cleanliness of the grid as a whole.

Good news! Go Musk, GO!

"Tesla introduces Tesla Energy, a suite of batteries for homes, businesses, and utilities fostering a clean energy ecosystem and helping wean the world off fossil fuels"

With Tesla Energy, Tesla is amplifying its efforts to accelerate the move away from fossil fuels to a sustainable energy future with Tesla batteries, enabling homes, business, and utilities to store sustainable and renewable energy to manage power demand, provide backup power and increase grid resilience.

Tesla is already working with utilities and other renewable power partners around the world to deploy storage on the grid to improve resiliency and cleanliness of the grid as a whole.

Good news! Go Musk, GO!

Yes you will need about 30,000 in solar panels and about 150,000 in the tesla batteries.

I assume you have that in your back pocket..

Sheesh, ol' Kosh needs a brain transplant. A 10 or 12 Kw solar installation would do nicely. Backed up with one or two of those batteries. Then if the utility did not like the idea of net metering, you could tell them to get their damned lines off your property.

Sheesh, ol' Kosh needs a brain transplant. A 10 or 12 Kw solar installation would do nicely. Backed up with one or two of those batteries. Then if the utility did not like the idea of net metering, you could tell them to get their damned lines off your property.

Once again the cost of things fail on the far left/AGW cult!

One battery costs $70,000, you got that in your back pocket?

And yes the solar panels to produce the amount of wattage you posted is around $30,000

So once again I am right on target and the far left/AGW cult is wrong!

Who will be able to afford this? That is right ladies and gentlemen as well far left drones, the ubber rich!

The top 1% will be able to afford going off the grid, leaving the poor to pay higher prices as they can not.

So much for these people being for the poor!

Good news! Go Musk, GO!

Yes you will need about 30,000 in solar panels and about 150,000 in the tesla batteries.

They have them on the installment plan.....

And yes the solar panels to produce the amount of wattage you posted is around $30,000

Who will be able to afford this? That is right ladies and gentlemen as well far left drones, the ubber rich!

The top 1% will be able to afford going off the grid, leaving the poor to pay higher prices as they can not.

Automobiles were very expensive when they were first produced...

Good news! Go Musk, GO!

Wrong! But that is ok.. The rich elite will be able to afford it, so do not worry!

And who could afford them?

Although the automobile is far different than a source that just about every needs these days..

Another horrid analogy..

So as the rich people go off the grid what do you think is going to happen to energy prices?

Although the automobile is far different than a source that just about every needs these days..

Another horrid analogy..

So as the rich people go off the grid what do you think is going to happen to energy prices?
Drop...but my concern is where they dump the dead batteries?

Good news! Go Musk, GO!

Wrong! But that is ok.. The rich elite will be able to afford it, so do not worry!
It's usually how it starts before mass production and cheaper prices. I really don't know why, do you?

Another horrid analogy..

Wrong! But that is typical of far left thinking!

Every 5 years you will need to replace your $70,000 battery. Who can afford that?

And energy prices will go up and the poor will pay more..

See how the far left hates the poor..

Good news! Go Musk, GO!

It's usually how it starts before mass production and cheaper prices. I really don't know why, do you?

As always you do not understand when using such a horrid analogy.

Cars did not exist before they were created, thus only the rich could afford them..

Nuclear power was supposed to make energy prices cheaper, yet they always go up, why is that?

I don't know how well this new battery will work because there isn't enough information out about it.

But I know how well solar power works. I live in what may be the largest off grid community in Northern California.

Most folks are using 2KW PV arrays and battery banks of less than 1000 amp hours.

These are homes with about everything electrical that any home has.

I'm frugal so I'm getting by with 1000 watts of PV and a 400 AH battery. I've got lights, stereo, computer, about anything I want. And never have a black out.

Panels can be had for less than $2.50 a watt and deep cycle lead acid batteries cost about $1 per amp hour.

If you do the math it's clear that solar power is pretty cheap. I've been using it since 2002.

Another horrid analogy..

Wrong! But that is typical of far left thinking!

Every 5 years you will need to replace your $70,000 battery. Who can afford that?

And energy prices will go up and the poor will pay more..

See how the far left hates the poor..
Not according to supply side economics, are you old enough to remember what that means?

I don't know how well this new battery will work because there isn't enough information out about it.

But I know how well solar power works. I live in what may be the largest off grid community in Northern California.

Most folks are using 2KW PV arrays and battery banks of less than 1000 amp hours.

These are homes with about everything electrical that any home has.

I'm frugal so I'm getting by with 1000 watts of PV and a 400 AH battery. I've got lights, stereo, computer, about anything I want. And never have a black out.

Panels can be had for less than $2.50 a watt and deep cycle lead acid batteries cost about $1 per amp hour.

If you do the math it's clear that solar power is pretty cheap. I've been using it since 2002.
They have nickle alloy and lead, but yes, it keeps getting better....

Good news! Go Musk, GO!
Cool. Let us know when you are using them.

How can something that pays you back and then prevents spending be called expensive?

Forum List

Back