Said1

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2004
Somewhere in Ontario
Here or WOT section?

Egypt bomb blasts kill 26
Fri 8 October, 2004 14:05
By Suleiman al-Khalidi

TABA, Egypt (Reuters) - A series of bombings has killed at least 26 people in Egyptian Red Sea resorts packed with Israeli tourists, sending thousands fleeing home across the border. Israel suspected al Qaeda was behind the attacks.

The toll looked certain to rise on Friday. Israeli officials said dozens were missing and bodies remained buried in the rubble of the Taba Hilton, on Egypt's border with Israel, after a truck bomb sheared off a 10-storey wing of the luxury hotel.

The attack was followed by blasts at two backpacker beaches further south on the Sinai Peninsula, crowded with Israelis vacationing there during a week-long Jewish holiday despite official warnings they might be targeted by Islamic militants.

The explosions were the first major attacks on tourists in Egypt since 58 foreigners were killed in Luxor in 1997.

At least 19 of the dead in Thursday's blasts were Israelis, an Israeli newspaper website said. Six Egyptians were also among the dead, Israel Radio reported. One Russian was also killed.

Some 120 people were wounded as normally placid vacation spots were plunged into nightmares of smoke, blood and screams.

Israeli officials said a truck bomb loaded with explosives rammed into the main lobby of the 430-room hotel. Some guests fell to their deaths. Moments later, a suicide bomber detonated another blast near the swimming pool.

"There were a lot of people on the ground. We couldn't tell in the chaos if they were dead or not," said Israeli Ronit Levi, who had been a guest at the Taba Hilton. "It was mayhem."

Firefighters said the ceiling of the hotel dining room where tables were set for dinner had collapsed and that bodies could be seen under rubble in the ruins of the luxury hotel.

Thousands of dazed, frightened holidaymakers streamed back over the border into Israel, among them an unconscious child and a young woman, her arm wrapped in a blood-soaked bandage.

In the aftermath, Israel complained of delays in Egyptian approval for bringing heavy equipment across the border for the search effort. But a compromise was reached and Israeli cranes moved in and began lifting massive pieces of broken concrete.

A previously unknown pro-al Qaeda Islamist group called Islamic Tawhid Brigades claimed the blast on a website. The claim, along with one from another unknown group calling itself the World Islamist Group, could not be verified.

Link

dilloduck said:
hmmm by checking my scoreboard that would mean that Israel gets the next turn to kill people.
Hopefully Israel tracks down those guilty of planning this, and kills them, and their family and friends.

-=d=- said:
Hopefully Israel tracks down those guilty of planning this, and kills them, and their family and friends.

They will---and kill a few others just for good measure like the last time they attacked in Gaza. "Eye for an Eye" ya know---didn't Jesus have something to say about that kind of justice?

dilloduck said:
hmmm by checking my scoreboard that would mean that Israel gets the next turn to kill people.

As long as America and Israel oppress Islam and Muhammad, they and not the Muslims are responsible for blowing themselves up.

http://www.washtimes.com/upi-breaking/20041008-101132-8573r.htm

United Press International

PA blames Israel, U.S. for Taba blasts

Ramallah, West Bank, Oct. 8 (UPI) -- Yasser Arafat's Palestinian Authority blamed Israel and the United States for the three bombings in Taba, Egypt, which killed 30 people.

"We say clearly that as long as the Israeli occupation persisted and as long as the U.S. backed that occupation there can be no security or stability in the region and the world," said Nabil Abu Rudeinah, Arafat's political adviser. It was the first official PA comment on the bombings, which also wounded more than 100 people, mostly Israeli tourists.

Abu Rudeinah said, "We hope that Israel will learn a lesson and that the U.S. will understand that without a peaceful settlement of the Palestinian-Israeli conflict and without the creation of the Palestinian independent state with Jerusalem as its capital there will be no end to violence."

The PA official ruled out the possibility that the explosions in Taba would affect Egypt's role and efforts in restarting the deadlocked peace process.

"We have confidence in the role of Egypt, which is a national Palestinian request as well as an Arab one," he said.

They'er not terrorists, they're "freedom fighters."
Yeah, that's always what people like Michael Moore say about them. I wonder how they justify the deaths of the Egyptians killed, since they were likely Muslims. Do they just say that it was Allah's will or what?

tim_duncan2000 said:
Yeah, that's always what people like Michael Moore say about them. I wonder how they justify the deaths of the Egyptians killed, since they were likely Muslims. Do they just say that it was Allah's will or what?

Yes and the Arabs are so willing to KILL that they even shoot their own who just want to work in Israel to feed their families.

Palestinian Sniper Attack In Gush Katif Kills Fellow Arab
15:54 Oct 08, '04

Following the death of a Thai worker in Kfar Darom two days ago at the hands of Palestinian terrorists, yet another foreign worker was similarly murdered today. An Arab resident of Gaza, working in the Jewish Gaza community of Rafiah Yam in southern Gush Katif, was shot this morning by a Palestinian terrorist sniper who opened fire at a group of workers.

dilloduck said:
I didn't say Israels fault, I said Israels TURN !

Dilloduck you said, "hmmm by checking my scoreboard that would mean that Israel gets the next turn to kill people."

Actually it's Israel's turn to destroy Arab murderers. Are suicidal murderers and their families really human people?

There will be UN Security sanctions against Israel if they protect and defend their own people. How many world nations complained about the recent TABA attacks against Israelis or Egyptian politicians?

How much does it mean to have the UN do anything in these times?

NOTHING.....

ajwps said:
Dilloduck you said, "hmmm by checking my scoreboard that would mean that Israel gets the next turn to kill people."

Actually it's Israel's turn to destroy Arab murderers. Are suicidal murderers and their families really human people?

There will be UN Security sanctions against Israel if they protect and defend their own people. How many world nations complained about the recent TABA attacks against Israelis or Egyptian politicians?

How much does it mean to have the UN do anything in these times?

NOTHING.....

I should have said it is now Israels turn to retaliate---my mistake.

dilloduck said:
I should have said it is now Israels turn to retaliate---my mistake.

Retaliation implies a response to a perceived wrong. Taking military action to pre-emptively prevent being rocketed or bombed by suicide bombers is not retaliation.

Some may interpret Israel's actions as retaliation. The Arabs threaten to retaliate against Israel pre-emptive actions but have you noticed that Israel does not threaten retaliation.

Israel acts in response, like in any war, with destruction of the enemy forces before they can damage your babies, women and men.

ajwps said:
Retaliation implies a response to a perceived wrong. Taking military action to pre-emptively prevent being rocketed or bombed by suicide bombers is not retaliation.

Some may interpret Israel's actions as retaliation. The Arabs threaten to retaliate against Israel pre-emptive actions but have you noticed that Israel does not threaten retaliation.

Israel acts in response, like in any war, with destruction of the enemy forces before they can damage your babies, women and men.

would counter-attack be acceptable?

(after all these years of pre-emption I would think Israel would go to plan B)

dilloduck said:
would counter-attack be acceptable?

(after all these years of pre-emption I would think Israel would go to plan B)

Well it would better be described as pre-emptive counter-attacks. Just like the battle of the bulge in WW2.

After all these years, Israel, the size of Rhode Island has acted irresponsibly in thinking about political considerations instead of fighting a war to a successful end.

I guess you can equate Israels previous actions to Truman's Korea standoff or America's Vietnam.

Forum List

Back