Terrorist Attack in Maine

Another of the multiple baseless assumption being made on this thread. How in the fuck do you know they did it to make a political statement?

It was a bomb, thrown into an encampment of political protesters.

WTF other reason do you think they had?

You think they just thought, "Hey, that seems like a good spot to throw a bomb!", and just randomly threw it in the direction of left-wing protesters?

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

UPDATE: Be that as it may, it does not look like the device contained shrapnel, as previously reported, but was apparently still considered a dangerous device by the authorities, due to the chemical makeup of the bomb.

Another of the multiple baseless assumption being made on this thread. How in the fuck do you know they did it to make a political statement?

You think they just thought, "Hey, that seems like a good spot to throw a bomb!", and just randomly threw it in the direction of left-wing protesters?

UPDATE: Be that as it may, it does not look like the device contained shrapnel, as previously reported, but was apparently still considered a dangerous device by the authorities, due to the chemical makeup of the bomb.

Did you actually read the CBS article YOU posted? They threw a similar bomb at a non-political target. Ease off on the left wing Kool Aid would ya?

It could have been bored protestors just making a draino bomb too....we really can't assume either way that it was political, boredom, or something else...well i guess we can assume it was stupid regardless of intentions and motivations ;)

You cant really imply intent here nor can we imply what motivated the behavior.

Did the police determine that this criminal act was politically motivated and therefore a terrorist act or are you just trying to sensationalize it for your own political purposes?

Did you read the article? The suspects were seen circling the area and yelling things at the demonstrator, etc. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that 2+2=4.

If I went up to the WBC demonstration and threw a homemade bomb in the middle of their little event while shouting things like "God bless American troops" don't you think it would be pretty clear that my actions had a political purpose?

Has anyone confirmed this to be more than a practical joke with the "chemicals" consisting of toothpaste or some other such nonsense? Or are we all just insulting each other for no reason?

Well, consider the following:

*Metallic beads were found in the bomb
*The explosion lifted a table a foot off of the ground
*Police have said the device could have indeed hurt people

I'd say it's safe to say that this is not a practical joke. It sounds to me that the only reason people weren't hurt is because they were lucky enough that the bomb went into an area that didn't have people around, and under a table, which probably blocked alot of the shrapnel.

Metallic beads were found in the bomb?

Really? Because the CBS link says that it was filled with Drano and tin foil.

See how making assumptions can get out of hand? Maybe we should wait until the FACTS are presented and then make judgments.

I still say it was a stupid/horrible/criminal thing to do, but I'm not going to make any assumptions on who or why it was done until I get all of the information.

Rick

Did you actually read the CBS article YOU posted? They threw a similar bomb at a non-political target. Ease off on the left wing Kool Aid would ya?

I once punched a black guy because he was black. They tried to charge me with a hate crime. But I convinced the judge it wasn't a hate crime, just a regular crime. See, the day before I punched another guy who wasn't black. So me punching the black guy wasn't because he was black, it was because I was a juvenile prankster. I forgot to mention to the judge the other guy I punched was a ****, because I don't like spics.

Did the police determine that this criminal act was politically motivated and therefore a terrorist act or are you just trying to sensationalize it for your own political purposes?

Did you read the article? The suspects were seen circling the area and yelling things at the demonstrator, etc. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that 2+2=4.

If I went up to the WBC demonstration and threw a homemade bomb in the middle of their little event while shouting things like "God bless American troops" don't you think it would be pretty clear that my actions had a political purpose?

Good of you to make even more ASSUMPTIONS. The article says, and I quote
Witnesses said a silver car had been circling before the attack, its occupants shouting things like "Get a job" and "You communist." They believe someone from that car threw the device.....

Notice the word BELIEVE. So now it's a FACT that the people in the silver car threw the bomb?

I hope you're never on a jury.

Rick

See how making assumptions can get out of hand? Maybe we should wait until the FACTS are presented and then make judgments.

I still say it was a stupid/horrible/criminal thing to do, but I'm not going to make any assumptions on who or why it was done until I get all of the information.

Rick

Assumptions? I'm reading the articles that are posted, going off of the information available at the moment.

I wouldn't consider a can of deoderant a "chemical bomb". But then again, I'm not one of those stinking protesters.

Rick

Assumptions? I'm reading the articles that are posted, going off of the information available at the moment.

You're absolutely correct. I read the original article too, and you want to know what I read?
as well as bits of silver metal

So, where in that article did you get metal beads? Please point it out to me and I'll take back my statement that you're making assumptions.

Rick

why don't you try lookint at the article again and re-reading... the article did not say it was a "non political target". what it said specifically was:

Acting Police Chief Michael Sauschuck said today that detectives don't necessarily believe Occupy Maine was the sole target because another device was set off elsewhere that night. He described the device as the type often associated with teenage pranks. But he said police are taking it seriously ....

it just says "elsewhere"... it does NOT say non-political... and lunatics shrieking 'get a job' and 'commies' and the like is a pretty good indication that it's violence from the "let's exercise our second amendment rights" people.

Did someone get fed up with the stench?

Wow, are you fucking kidding me? I'm not a supporter of the OWS crowd. But that's really irrelevant here. But I am absolutely appalled that you would give a pass to a terrorist attack. I don't even know what else to say.

probally a lie, these people a loosing all support. trying to get any kind of news for their protest. the majority of people don't support their cause.

Notice the word BELIEVE.

Notice the word SUSPECT. Geez, I hope you're never on a jury....

So, just to clarify, you read both articles and you're basing your ASSUMPTIONS on them, correct?

Where does either article say anything about or close to there being "metal beads" in the bomb?

Where in either article does it say that the people driving around in the silver car are "suspects?" The first article linked to says that some of the Occupy people in the park "believe" that the people in the car threw the bomb. I have yet to see where anyone specifically said that they saw them throw it.

So, could it be possible that these people driving around yelling had nothing to do with the Gatorade bottle being thrown? From everything I've read on this incident so far, it's possible.

Once again, let me clarify, this was a stupid/horrible/criminal act and I think the person or people responsible need to be punished. But I'm not going to make assumptions about it until I have all of the FACTS.

Rick

Forum List

Back