Terrorist Attack in Maine

Has anyone confirmed this to be more than a practical joke with the "chemicals" consisting of toothpaste or some other such nonsense? Or are we all just insulting each other for no reason?

Has anyone confirmed this to be more than a practical joke with the "chemicals" consisting of toothpaste or some other such nonsense? Or are we all just insulting each other for no reason?

well isn't that business as usual here at old USMB?

Sure point the finger on a conservative just like they did it when Gabby Gifford got shot and it had nothing to do about politics but a crazy guy. Could be the same in this incident.

It's unfortunate the rest of us - of all beliefs and persuasions - have to share space with fucking idiots like you.

Lighten up Francis..... you're not the sharpest tool in the shed yourself.

:lol::lol:

^You're lucky we bother to set aside space for you, either:lol:

if this was a teaparty event and someone made that comment, there'd be 100's of so-called conservatives yapping about how leftists always resort to violence.

The fact that it isn't plastered all over CNN, etc. is pretty ample evidence that this is probably much ado about nothing.

As for this:

You're lucky we bother to set aside space for you, either

Who the hell died and left you in charge of assigning space for anybody?

Well, consider the following:

*Metallic beads were found in the bomb
*The explosion lifted a table a foot off of the ground
*Police have said the device could have indeed hurt people

I'd say it's safe to say that this is not a practical joke. It sounds to me that the only reason people weren't hurt is because they were lucky enough that the bomb went into an area that didn't have people around, and under a table, which probably blocked alot of the shrapnel.

Here's a novel idea, why don't you let the police investigate the crime and then denounce the INDIVIDUAL or INDIVIDUALS behind it instead of lumping all conservatives together?

Oh wait, that would take common sense and honesty. Can't have that running rampant.

Rick

I don't think he's lumping all conservatives together. There are extremist radicals on any side of any given issue. Scott Roeder is an example on the conservative side, over zealous environmental "activists" are examples on the liberal side. I really don't think anyone was saying that all conservatives should be blamed for the actions of the fanatics anymore than all liberals should blamed for the the fanatics on that side of the spectrum.

Interesting that you deleted part of the conversation. Actually you deleted the important part where deepthunk said
perhaps there are those who would prefer to look the other way when conservatives commit or attempt to commit such atrocities.

And the part where I said.
Nice assumption that it is automatically a conservative that did this.

Why would you delete those statements? Because that is exactly what deepthunk was doing is making an ASSUMPTION that a conservative did this.

And what I'm saying is I think this act is horrible and whoever did it needs to be punished.

Do you see a difference between these two statements?

Rick

Why would you delete those statements?

For the same reason I'm doing it here. Because I only quote those specific parts of a person's post to which I'm directly responding. Quotations to the 14th power aren't exactly my idea of a tidy messageboard. I realize what you were saying. I was merely pointing out that I, in my opinion, I don't think he was associating all conservatives with the actions of a fringe radical. As for whether he was assuming the person was conservative enough, I don't think he was doing that either. It's a reasonable inference based on the information available.

The metal pellets might have been aluminum foil. I used to take two liter bottles and drain cleaner and make bombs when I was a kid. It might have been someone just being an asshole not meaning any harm.

I don't know that I'd call it a terrorist attack but it is pretty nasty. And criminal.

Using a dangerous explosive device in an attempt to harm civilians, to make a political statement?

I believe that is actually the definition of "Terrorism".

I don't know that I'd call it a terrorist attack but it is pretty nasty. And criminal.

Using a dangerous explosive device in an attempt to harm civilians, to make a political statement?

Did the police determine that this criminal act was politically motivated and therefore a terrorist act or are you just trying to sensationalize it for your own political purposes?

Terrorists have allegedly committed a bombing attack against an "Occupy Maine" encampment.

A homemade chemical bomb, filled with metal pellets was apparently thrown from a moving vehicle into the mess area of the protesters encampment.

Police are investigating. The extent of Homeland Security involvement in the incident is at this point unknown.

Chemical bomb tossed into Occupy Maine encampment | The Portland Press Herald / Maine Sunday Telegram

I’m shocked that this isn’t at the top of the news cycle right now, perhaps there are those who would prefer to look the other way when conservatives commit or attempt to commit such atrocities.

You automatically assume it was a conservative? Hasty and stupid.

READ THE ARTICLE. Police stated that a similar "device" was used "in another part of town", and that these "devices" are often used by "teenage pranksters".

Are you "Occupy and Set Up Tent Cities On Public Property Because We Are Too Lazy To Get A Job" people going to keep on WHINING and WHIMPERING because your disgraceful conduct is not being met with the "Bolshevik heroes" response you want, by those of us who are NOT Bolshevik losers?

Get a life. Get a job. Don't expect any sympathy or handouts from those of us who EARN a living and have paid our dues!

These punk-ass kids are leeches and nothing more than a 100% BURDEN on our society.

See?

As for this:

You're lucky we bother to set aside space for you, either

Who the hell died and left you in charge of assigning space for anybody?

The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that I, 8537, was to assign space for everybody.

Another of the multiple baseless assumption being made on this thread. How in the fuck do you know they did it to make a political statement?

Did the police determine that this criminal act was politically motivated and therefore a terrorist act or are you just trying to sensationalize it for your own political purposes?

The latter is most likely true.

Forum List

Back