Terror In The Mall...may Come Here...do You Have Your Ccw?

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
This is about an HBO documentary about he radical Islamic attack against the Mall in Nairobi Kenya.
This could very easily happen in any mall in Europe or the U.S...what would you do if a real attack happened in the mall you happen to be in..with your family...? Would a concealed pistol help...I think so....do you?

PJ Lifestyle HBO 8217 s Terror at the Mall The Right Film at the Right Time

Reed sits down with some of the survivors seen in the footage, including Niall Saville, who was eating lunch at a patio restaurant when the attack began. His wife, Moon Hee, is badly wounded and he drags her into the restaurant and behind the counter as a security camera looks on. A terrorist eventually discovers the pair and shoots Saville. The couple lay on the ground in a pool of blood, the husband trying to stay conscious as his wife dies.

In the large adjoining supermarket, Nakumatt, we see a heroic man get ripped by bullets for venturing out into the aisles to get a bottle of water for a wounded man. We hear from his savior, who admits he learned how to put life-saving pressure on the wounds from watching movies. We hear the stories of the mothers with children who went grocery shopping that day only to cower behind the meat counter in a last-ditch effort to stay alive. An Al-Shabaab terrorist comes by and sprays customers with bullets as they try to shield their children.

This is about an HBO documentary about he radical Islamic attack against the Mall in Nairobi Kenya.
This could very easily happen in any mall in Europe or the U.S...what would you do if a real attack happened in the mall you happen to be in..with your family...? Would a concealed pistol help...I think so....do you?

PJ Lifestyle HBO 8217 s Terror at the Mall The Right Film at the Right Time

Reed sits down with some of the survivors seen in the footage, including Niall Saville, who was eating lunch at a patio restaurant when the attack began. His wife, Moon Hee, is badly wounded and he drags her into the restaurant and behind the counter as a security camera looks on. A terrorist eventually discovers the pair and shoots Saville. The couple lay on the ground in a pool of blood, the husband trying to stay conscious as his wife dies.

In the large adjoining supermarket, Nakumatt, we see a heroic man get ripped by bullets for venturing out into the aisles to get a bottle of water for a wounded man. We hear from his savior, who admits he learned how to put life-saving pressure on the wounds from watching movies. We hear the stories of the mothers with children who went grocery shopping that day only to cower behind the meat counter in a last-ditch effort to stay alive. An Al-Shabaab terrorist comes by and sprays customers with bullets as they try to shield their children.

I don't, but I definitely think the way to react to fearmongering media is to salivate, get all paranoid, go berserk and do what the boob tube tells me like an obedient drone.

Oh and of course buy the TV program's products.

Arm up, but if I'm there and a barrel is pointed in my family's direction the person wielding that weapon will die, friend or foe.

I don't, but I definitely think the way to react to fearmongering media is to salivate, get all paranoid, go berserk and do what the boob tube tells me like an obedient drone.

Yes...the citizens of Mumbai, India...and Nairobi, Kenya are listening to your words of wisdom...

6713.jpg

One difference some LEOs mentioned on another site I used to go to...any armed attack on that scale would be met by a large police response...it might take several minutes but in both cases the police in Kenya and Nairobi are not at the standard of U.S. police and not as well trained...and in a lot of cases not even armed...

Yes...the citizens of Mumbai, India...and Nairobi, Kenya are listening to your words of wisdom...

I'll keep that in mind the next time I stop in Mumbai for coriander seeds.

That is a bad location to conceal a pistol...in a concealed carry class they will tell you that several police officers have been retired from the police force do to injuries to their vertebrae when they were pushed or fell on their backs...that is a hunk of metal impacting your spinal column...you don't want it there...

6713.jpg

One difference some LEOs mentioned on another site I used to go to...any armed attack on that scale would be met by a large police response...it might take several minutes but in both cases the police in Kenya and Nairobi are not at the standard of U.S. police and not as well trained...and in a lot of cases not even armed...

Not only Nairobi but Kenya too huh?

No doubt they're not armed because they don't need to be --- because neither Nairobi nor Kenya has a gun culture like we do.

This could very easily happen in any mall in Europe or the U.S...what would you do if a real attack happened in the mall you happen to be in..with your family...? Would a concealed pistol help...I think so....do you? ...

My question - How do you know who the bad guys are? Or the good guys? In the chaos, gunfire, smoke, screaming & blood - if you can't ID the parties, no weapon is going to do you - nor anyone else - any good.

Even police & soldiers get this one wrong from time to time - & they get training in the matter. A civilian who's ex-military or ex-police & keeps up his/her skills - OK. A civilian with no prior police/military shooting training - probably won't be helpful. & as the video notes, may be shot by panicky first responders (they will have the same problem, telling friend from foe).

One thing police everywhere have in common is that they'll take out those who appear to be a threat.

You know, like yahoos waving their guns around and screeching like little girls about how they'll swoop down and save the day.

Maybe all you good guys with guns should wear a special patch to identify you so they don't blow your damn fool heads off.
mighty-mouse.jpg

My question - How do you know who the bad guys are? Or the good guys? In the chaos, gunfire, smoke, screaming & blood - if you can't ID the parties, no weapon is going to do you - nor anyone else - any good.

This is a common mistake...no one is suggesting that you go out and do a John McClane...this is simply about getting out of the mall...possibly with your children and wife in tow...Hopefully she would be armed as well...and as you are heading for the exit...if someone starts shooting at you...you can return fire to get clear...rather than having to just cower and wait for them to execute you...

As to the police...you don't shoot at them and Identify yourself...odds are you will be okay...accidents may happen in that situation...but it will still take police at least 4 minutes to get to the scene...who knows how long to move in and engage any attackers...and the attackers could very well be well armed with actual, automatic weapons and possibly grenades...

Do you want to face that with just your hands?

That is a bad location to conceal a pistol...in a concealed carry class they will tell you that several police officers have been retired from the police force do to injuries to their vertebrae when they were pushed or fell on their backs...that is a hunk of metal impacting your spinal column...you don't want it there...

6713.jpg
exactly.

Also, bringing that weapon around, hes in danger of getting it tangled in his mullet.

This is a common mistake...no one is suggesting that you go out and do a John McClane...this is simply about getting out of the mall...possibly with your children and wife in tow...Hopefully she would be armed as well...and as you are heading for the exit...if someone starts shooting at you...you can return fire to get clear...rather than having to just cower and wait for them to execute you...

As to the police...you don't shoot at them and Identify yourself...odds are you will be okay...accidents may happen in that situation...but it will still take police at least 4 minutes to get to the scene...who knows how long to move in and engage any attackers...and the attackers could very well be well armed with actual, automatic weapons and possibly grenades...

Do you want to face that with just your hands?

Your wife?

Good gawd man. You can't just leave your kids with no protection.

kids-with-guns_zpsa030203d.jpg

6713.jpg
exactly.

Also, bringing that weapon around, hes in danger of getting it tangled in his mullet.

Thanks a lot.

You know how hard it is to clean red wine off a computer screen?

Forum List

Back