Terrible News For Climate Catastrophists The Sahara is Getting Greener

I've a better idea. How about you explaining how more rain in the Sahel refutes AGW?

This should get all the panties of the the AGW cult into a tight little wad:

Terrible News For Climate Catastrophists The Sahara is Getting Greener - Breitbart

Good news: the Sahara desert is getting greener because of “climate change.”

Climate change has achieved what Bob Geldof and Live Aid failed to do by ending the drought in the Sahel region of Africa that killed more than 100,000 people in the 1980s, a study has found. Rising greenhouse gases caused rains to return to the region south of the Sahara, from Senegal to Sudan, boosting crop yields since the 1990s and helping the population to feed itself without relying on foreign donations.

The study, in the journal Nature Climate Change, found that Sahel summer rainfall was about 10 per cent, or 0.3mm, higher per day in 1996-2011 than in the drought period of 1964-93.

I’m very much looking forward to the bit where the greenies get to the final stage of historical revisionism. “But, of course, we knew that global cooling was the real problem and that we were heading towards a new ice age,” all the usual suspects – from the once-distinguished heights of NASA and the Royal Society to the stygian depths of DeSmog – will all chorus. “Why we were all predicting as much as long ago as the 1970s…”

Billy Bob just finished deriding the predicted 65C temps for Ramadan in Saudi Arabia, stating that it was, essentially, geographic cherry picking. Whatever it might be, here we have precisely the same strategy from his side of the fence.

I haven't the slightest difficulty believing that AGW will produce areas with increased rainfall just as it has produced areas with decreased rainfall (the western US, for one).

What I wonder, Paddie, is where you get the idea that increased rainfall in the Sahel refutes AGW or that it indicates global coolling. These are the fantasies of ignorance Paddie me lad. Wise up.
because it hasn't happened before right?

Terrible News For Climate Catastrophists The Sahara is Getting Greener - Breitbart

Climate change has achieved what Bob Geldof and Live Aid failed to do by ending the drought in the Sahel region of Africa that killed more than 100,000 people in the 1980s, a study has found. Rising greenhouse gases caused rains to return to the region south of the Sahara, from Senegal to Sudan, boosting crop yields since the 1990s and helping the population to feed itself without relying on foreign donations.

The study, in the journal Nature Climate Change, found that Sahel summer rainfall was about 10 per cent, or 0.3mm, higher per day in 1996-2011 than in the drought period of 1964-93.

I’m very much looking forward to the bit where the greenies get to the final stage of historical revisionism. “But, of course, we knew that global cooling was the real problem and that we were heading towards a new ice age,” all the usual suspects – from the once-distinguished heights of NASA and the Royal Society to the stygian depths of DeSmog – will all chorus. “Why we were all predicting as much as long ago as the 1970s…”

Billy Bob just finished deriding the predicted 65C temps for Ramadan in Saudi Arabia, stating that it was, essentially, geographic cherry picking. Whatever it might be, here we have precisely the same strategy from his side of the fence.

I haven't the slightest difficulty believing that AGW will produce areas with increased rainfall just as it has produced areas with decreased rainfall (the western US, for one).

What I wonder, Paddie, is where you get the idea that increased rainfall in the Sahel refutes AGW or that it indicates global coolling. These are the fantasies of ignorance Paddie me lad. Wise up.

Of course it's happened before. What is it you'd like to say, jc, cause whatever it might be, if it's a cogent concept, it's not getting across.

Of course it's happened before. What is it you'd like to say, jc, cause whatever it might be, if it's a cogent concept, it's not getting across.
wow, thanks for answering and at least admitted it's happened before. So it isn't unique to a time.

jc, I really don't know what you are trying to say. What the people observing the rapidly changing climate are saying is that the warming will change climate in different ways in different regions. So we have a greener Sahel, and a browner South Western US. Seems that agrees with the predictions.

jc, I really don't know what you are trying to say. What the people observing the rapidly changing climate are saying is that the warming will change climate in different ways in different regions. So we have a greener Sahel, and a browner South Western US. Seems that agrees with the predictions.
a browner SW US? How can it get browner than desert? Not sure what you're saying. The climate is the same as it has always been.

Forum List

Back