Terrible News For Climate Catastrophists The Sahara is Getting Greener

bripat9643

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2011
This should get all the panties of the the AGW cult into a tight little wad:

Terrible News For Climate Catastrophists The Sahara is Getting Greener - Breitbart

Good news: the Sahara desert is getting greener because of “climate change.”

Climate change has achieved what Bob Geldof and Live Aid failed to do by ending the drought in the Sahel region of Africa that killed more than 100,000 people in the 1980s, a study has found. Rising greenhouse gases caused rains to return to the region south of the Sahara, from Senegal to Sudan, boosting crop yields since the 1990s and helping the population to feed itself without relying on foreign donations.

The study, in the journal Nature Climate Change, found that Sahel summer rainfall was about 10 per cent, or 0.3mm, higher per day in 1996-2011 than in the drought period of 1964-93.

I’m very much looking forward to the bit where the greenies get to the final stage of historical revisionism. “But, of course, we knew that global cooling was the real problem and that we were heading towards a new ice age,” all the usual suspects – from the once-distinguished heights of NASA and the Royal Society to the stygian depths of DeSmog – will all chorus. “Why we were all predicting as much as long ago as the 1970s…”

Terrible News For Climate Catastrophists The Sahara is Getting Greener - Breitbart

Climate change has achieved what Bob Geldof and Live Aid failed to do by ending the drought in the Sahel region of Africa that killed more than 100,000 people in the 1980s, a study has found. Rising greenhouse gases caused rains to return to the region south of the Sahara, from Senegal to Sudan, boosting crop yields since the 1990s and helping the population to feed itself without relying on foreign donations.

The study, in the journal Nature Climate Change, found that Sahel summer rainfall was about 10 per cent, or 0.3mm, higher per day in 1996-2011 than in the drought period of 1964-93.

I’m very much looking forward to the bit where the greenies get to the final stage of historical revisionism. “But, of course, we knew that global cooling was the real problem and that we were heading towards a new ice age,” all the usual suspects – from the once-distinguished heights of NASA and the Royal Society to the stygian depths of DeSmog – will all chorus. “Why we were all predicting as much as long ago as the 1970s…”

It's been going on for several years now. Funnily enough the global warming faithful never mention it.

Perhaps the Warming Cult thinks you can grow food in ice as well....................

Interesting OP.:beer:

How can people end a drought?

It's been going on for several years now. Funnily enough the global warming faithful never mention it.
Out of curiosity, why would they? And why aren't you all trying to argue that it's not changing, they way you do when we're talking about ice at the poles?

Out of curiosity, why would they? And why aren't you all trying to argue that it's not changing, they way you do when we're talking about ice at the poles?

The increased CO2 is a very good guess for the continued greening of the Sahara. The global warmers tell us that the only result of increased CO2 is hot, drought, and no snow....well except for when there is more snow...but that's a different tall tale.

the Sahara desert is getting greener because of “climate change.”
And California is getting browner.

Well, when you build huge cities in a desert, eventually the desert bites back.
It sounds like your implying humans have an impact on their environment, you cultist.

Locally, absolutely! I spent the majority of my career cleaning up mans messes in the environment. Globally though, no evidence to support that at all.

But the greater evil Poster is trying to convince us AGW is real so I guess that means the greater evil is belief in AGW.

Oh NO! And right here at the threshold of Global Warming Season.

Billy Bob just finished deriding the predicted 65C temps for Ramadan in Saudi Arabia, stating that it was, essentially, geographic cherry picking. Whatever it might be, here we have precisely the same strategy from his side of the fence.

I haven't the slightest difficulty believing that AGW will produce areas with increased rainfall just as it has produced areas with decreased rainfall (the western US, for one).

What I wonder, Paddie, is where you get the idea that increased rainfall in the Sahel refutes AGW or that it indicates global coolling. These are the fantasies of ignorance Paddie me lad. Wise up.

Billy Bob just finished deriding the predicted 65C temps for Ramadan in Saudi Arabia, stating that it was, essentially, geographic cherry picking. Whatever it might be, here we have precisely the same strategy from his side of the fence.

I haven't the slightest difficulty believing that AGW will produce areas with increased rainfall just as it has produced areas with decreased rainfall (the western US, for one).

What I wonder, Paddie, is where you get the idea that increased rainfall in the Sahel refutes AGW or that it indicates global coolling. These are the fantasies of ignorance Paddie me lad. Wise up.
I looked at that thread and simply passed by.............I predict that Vanderbilt will win the NCAA Championship next season................................Is that prediction gonna come true...................................the proof is in the pudding.

Forum List

Back