'Terminally ill 'Star Wars' fan gets his wish to see 'The Force Awakens' early'

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
Terminally ill 'Star Wars' fan gets his wish to see 'The Force Awakens' early

Nice story.

"An early cut of "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" was screened for a Texas man suffering from terminal cancer Thursday after his wish to see the latest chapter in the epic series went viral.

Directed by J.J. Abrams, the seventh film in the "Star Wars" series, premieres in theaters Dec. 18. But Daniel Fleetwood, 32, didn't think he would be able to survive that long. Fleetwood has spindle cell sarcoma, a rare form of connective tissue cancer. In July, Fleetwood’s oncologist estimated he had two months to live.

"Judging by how progressive the disease has gotten in the past two months, I really don't think that I'll be able to make it," Fleetwood told Houston's KPRC-TV last week.

On Thursday, Fleetwood's wife, Ashley, posted on Facebook that her husband's dying wish had been granted. She said that Abrams had personally called the couple Wednesday to set up the screening.

"Today the wonderful Disney and Lucasfilms made his final dream come true, in the amazing typical Disney way, they really do make dreams come true!" she wrote. "Daniel just finished watching an unedited version of Star Wars: The Force Awakens!!" Lucasfilm, which produces the Star Wars series, is owned by the Walt Disney Company. "

...and was promptly made to sign a NDA. :) jk (probably)

Terminally ill 'Star Wars' fan gets his wish to see 'The Force Awakens' early

Nice story.

"An early cut of "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" was screened for a Texas man suffering from terminal cancer Thursday after his wish to see the latest chapter in the epic series went viral.

Directed by J.J. Abrams, the seventh film in the "Star Wars" series, premieres in theaters Dec. 18. But Daniel Fleetwood, 32, didn't think he would be able to survive that long. Fleetwood has spindle cell sarcoma, a rare form of connective tissue cancer. In July, Fleetwood’s oncologist estimated he had two months to live.

"Judging by how progressive the disease has gotten in the past two months, I really don't think that I'll be able to make it," Fleetwood told Houston's KPRC-TV last week.

On Thursday, Fleetwood's wife, Ashley, posted on Facebook that her husband's dying wish had been granted. She said that Abrams had personally called the couple Wednesday to set up the screening.

"Today the wonderful Disney and Lucasfilms made his final dream come true, in the amazing typical Disney way, they really do make dreams come true!" she wrote. "Daniel just finished watching an unedited version of Star Wars: The Force Awakens!!" Lucasfilm, which produces the Star Wars series, is owned by the Walt Disney Company. "

...and was promptly made to sign a NDA. :) jk (probably)

Did he say how badly it sucked....?

Forum List

Back