Term Limits? How Would That Affect the so-called "Deep State"?

Term limits will mean unqualified individuals with no idea how to pass legislation or the dynamics of Congress
How is the crop currently in Congress any more qualified than some new guy?

If you believe in mandatory term limits….just stop voting for Senators and Congressmen after two terms
That would be the opposite of mandatory, moron.

Those of us who like our Representatives can continue to vote for them

That would be fine, so long as they can't get elected after a specified number of terms.

What would you say if 2023 politics and living was like the Deep south 1950's? Well, it is only with others not the same as then in control of what goes on and in a convoluted way. People are destroyed for minor things now. What difference is there if an African American faced hate going to a school from another era and white male faces the same today? Of course, the propagandists keep pushing the privilege crap to emasculate and shame the white race to keep this insane game going.
you seem to be so delusional...the white race faces none of the things black people face every day of their lives ... take schools where a black person gets in over a white person ... do you know what the percentage of that is of black and brown over whites

Dismantle, defund, and or restructure/redefine the offending miscreantic alphabet agencies while doing a thorough cleanup of its personnel of malcontents and seditionists.

YOU KNOW, the very things you have supported people like Obumma, Biden et al., doing to our military for the past 15 years!
whose obumma ???

Congress 20 percent approval is due to petty partisan bickering and an inability to get legislation passed.

Term limits would do nothing to end that
The low approval right is the result of entrenched corruption. Term limits would definitely be a step in the right direction. The longer politicians are in office, the more corrupt they become. All you're saying it that you approve of corruption.

you seem to be so delusional...the white race faces none of the things black people face every day of their lives ... take schools where a black person gets in over a white person ... do you know what the percentage of that is of black and brown over whites
How much of that isn't explained by grades?

Ohh I see so a bit of racism is fine as long as it is FOR the groups you support?

The low approval right is the result of entrenched corruption. Term limits would definitely be a step in the right direction. The longer politicians are in office, the more corrupt they become. All you're saying it that you approve of corruption.
:fu:

How is the crop currently in Congress any more qualified than some new guy?

That would be the opposite of mandatory, moron.

That would be fine, so long as they can't get elected after a specified number of terms.
:fu:

There is currently a discussion about term limits. I'm against term limits. The reason is two fold. First off...if you look at the folks who were in charge when you were growing up 30-40 years ago and you look at the elected officials of today; you'll find that with very few exceptions there are new faces and new names. Did the "corruption" go away with new faces? Nope. So thinking that it will go away if you force by statute a revolving door of new faces is rather silly. In fact, it will likely make corruption more of an issue since, if you want to look at it from the standpoint of an employer, employees who remain at their job longer are less apt to become corrupt and corrupt employees are usually discovered pretty quickly and terminated. The second reason is this. If I like my rep; I want to continue voting for her or him.

Most of the silly angst I hear on this board is usually about something those on the right call "the deep state." It has become their crutch (aka excuse) to explain whatever outcome they don't favor. You can't get a straight answer from anyone about what the "deep state" is but most often it is called the un-elected appointed officials who remain at their jobs and are able to make all sorts of mischief counter to the wishes of whatever conservative overlord is installed.

My question is this. Shouldn't there be "term limits" for these folks too--all government employees? Postal workers, teachers, the lady at the DMV, the guys in the NRO, CIA etc...

Term limits would dramatically reduce corruption. Joe Biden was bought 50 years ago and is still owned by foreign enemy States. We need to make it harder to buy and hold politicians. Congress was never meant to be a career at all much less a lifetime career and we continually pay the price for it.

I mean shit, you look at Mitch McConnell having seizures in the Senate and Diane Feinstein being wheeled around like she's in a nursing home, it's an insane system that allows that

The problem I can't change your corrupt member of Congress. What he does also affects me.
its hard for those politicians to get replaced after Trump is convicted all these Republicans who were behind Trump to take away our votes ...people like Jim Jorden, and Green, there are about 20 of these people who cause Trump to not get impeached starting with McConnell and McCarthy... I will be surprised if they stay in office especially if they Air that Jan 6 trial ... a lot of these Republicans are running scared of some who allegedly participated or all the lies told over the election being stolen when they clearly knew it wasn't but a chant from them ... people I hope will smarten up ...

any person who gets jim jorden, Lauren Boebert, Green, Mcarthy, McConnell and more of these currant lying republican out would be fine for me ... hell I would even love to see honest Republicans take these liars' seats that are in office right now i don't hate republicans, in general, I hate what the represent today and thats lie their asses off so they can stay in office ... where it's sad that republican voters suffer with a big problem of being stupid ... when they smarten up hopefully soon, they will start electing smarter republicans and more honest republicans ... all we can hope is these liars get taken down when trump is sent off to jail ...

its hard for those politicians to get replaced after Trump is convicted all these Republicans who were behind Trump to take away our votes ...people like Jim Jorden, and Green, there are about 20 of these people who cause Trump to not get impeached starting with McConnell and McCarthy... I will be surprised if they stay in office especially if they Air that Jan 6 trial ... a lot of these Republicans are running scared of some who allegedly participated or all the lies told over the election being stolen when they clearly knew it wasn't but a chant from them ... people I hope will smarten up ...
Huh? How will convicting Trump cause any turnover in Congress? IT ill cause turnover of Democrats, if anything. The voters are getting fed up with this welter of Democrat fraud.

any person who gets jim jorden, Lauren Boebert, Green, Mcarthy, McConnell and more of these currant lying republican out would be fine for me ... hell I would even love to see honest Republicans take these liars' seats that are in office right now i don't hate republicans, in general, I hate what the represent today and thats lie their asses off so they can stay in office ... where it's sad that republican voters suffer with a big problem of being stupid ... when they smarten up hopefully soon, they will start electing smarter republicans and more honest republicans ... all we can hope is these liars get taken down when trump is sent off to jail ...

I think those Republicans are an insult to our Democracy

But rather than pass laws that say they can’t run anymore, I would rather campaign against their record and behavior

Democrats are the ones who support and defend corrupt politicians. You support Biden for 50 years, douchebag. You support Pelosi, Schiff, Debbie Wasserman Schultz, Barbara Lee, Eric Swalwell, Ted Lieu, Maxine Waters, Hank Johnson, Steny Hoyer, Jamie Raskin, Ayanna Pressley, Rashida Tlaib, Ilhan Omar, Cori Bush, Dan Goldman, Jerry Nadler, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Jim Clyburn, Al Green, Sheila Jackson Lee, Joaquin Castro.
They are all lying scum.

LOL...so with term limits nobody will accumulate power? They won't have majority leaders, minority leaders, House Speaker, committee chairs etc? Interesting theory. Crazy...which makes it interesting.

The embedded spies we have in foreign governments are going to hate that. So will the letter carriers.

Amazing the blob didn't do that. In fact; he expanded it--the Space Force.

Let me guess...you're all for that one, right fuck face? You would be the weight of a feather if you had your hypocrisy surgically removed.

Dismissed.

Moron, creating a military arm to defend space from our enemies makes sense.......since you are a leftist, you have no sense......the Chinese are weaponizing every aspect of space and we are now way behind......and worse, the democrat party leadership is now in the pocket of the Chinese communist party....

There is currently a discussion about term limits. I'm against term limits. The reason is two fold. First off...if you look at the folks who were in charge when you were growing up 30-40 years ago and you look at the elected officials of today; you'll find that with very few exceptions there are new faces and new names. Did the "corruption" go away with new faces? Nope. So thinking that it will go away if you force by statute a revolving door of new faces is rather silly. In fact, it will likely make corruption more of an issue since, if you want to look at it from the standpoint of an employer, employees who remain at their job longer are less apt to become corrupt and corrupt employees are usually discovered pretty quickly and terminated. The second reason is this. If I like my rep; I want to continue voting for her or him.

Most of the silly angst I hear on this board is usually about something those on the right call "the deep state." It has become their crutch (aka excuse) to explain whatever outcome they don't favor. You can't get a straight answer from anyone about what the "deep state" is but most often it is called the un-elected appointed officials who remain at their jobs and are able to make all sorts of mischief counter to the wishes of whatever conservative overlord is installed.

My question is this. Shouldn't there be "term limits" for these folks too--all government employees? Postal workers, teachers, the lady at the DMV, the guys in the NRO, CIA etc...
The corruption extends to the unelected within the gov.

Forum List

Back