Tennessee teachers want to go against the law

That your personal anecdotes don't carry much weight.

The law doesn't say CRT. The article says no CRT has taken place at the school.

I seriously doubt school boards were talking about introducing CRT since it isn't really taught in public schools.

Of course many traditional history topics will overlap with CRT stuff but that certainly doesn't mean CRT is being taught as a curriculum.

And even if true, why would lawmaker's jump to stymie the efforts of small govornment (school boards) at work? Do you support big govornment?
Because you have no knowledge about how TN lawmakers function.
A law has to be "read" and discussed three times in a town council before a vote can be had to either enact or voted down.

Since this has come up in two cities the State stepped in to stop it. And did.

The Stars and Bars was the flag of the democrat party slave owners.........will they teach both sides? The democrats were the side of slavery, and the republicans were the side of ending slavery?

Segregation and jim crow........more democrat party policies after the republicans forced them to free their black slaves...
This is what I was taught. I mean really, Lincoln was a republican. Do you think this isn't taught in schools?

Of course I was also taught about the southern strategy.

Because you have no knowledge about how TN lawmakers function.
A law has to be "read" and discussed three times in a town council before a vote can be had to either enact or voted down.

Since this has come up in two cities the State stepped in to stop it. And did.
The state stepped in and created a law banning something that wasn't being taught "supposedly" because elected school board members were talking about teaching CRT in the future?

Not likely.

Republicans fought it, you democrats endorsed it.

That's real history
You view slavery through "which party?" Thats cray cray. But last I recollect Lincoln was a Republican and they discuss Lincoln.

So can they discuss the horrors of slavery and Jim Crow? Can they watch Twelve Years a Slave, Glory, and Mississippi Burning? Can they discuss the horror of the Emmitt Till murder?

The state stepped in and created a law banning something that wasn't being taught "supposedly" because elected school board members were talking about teaching CRT in the future?

Not likely.
The laws were being "read" in city councils trying to force every school in the city to teach CRT....the state legislature stopped them.

Maybe you need a civics lesson on how government works.

The laws were being "read" in city councils trying to force every school in the city to teach CRT....the state legislature stopped them.

Maybe you need a civics lesson on how government works.
Link please.

You view slavery through "which party?" Thats cray cray. But last I recollect Lincoln was a Republican and they discuss Lincoln.

So can they discuss the horrors of slavery and Jim Crow? Can they watch Twelve Years a Slave, Glory, and Mississippi Burning? Can they discuss the horror of the Emmitt Till murder?

Dumbass, it was you demo quacks. I'm so far above you

Those would be in TN newspapers that I nor you have subscriptions to.

You willing to fork out the money?
So it's only in local newspapers that have no online publications.

I've been to Tennessee a few times and they didn't seem that far behind in media tech.

Since I'm not going to simply believe your anecdote there isn't much more to discuss.

Thanks for discussion.

Whats both sides to slavery and Jim Crow?

I don't know, ask yourself, you said there were two side....

You might have meant the democrat party side, that wanted slavery so badly they started a war to keep blacks as their slaves, and the republican party, created by conservative, religious republicans to end slavery......

Yes....they can and do...they just are not going to let leftists like you teach young children that their skin color makes them racists, or victims.....

I don't know, ask yourself, you said there were two side....

You might have meant the democrat party side, that wanted slavery so badly they started a war to keep blacks as their slaves, and the republican party, created by conservative, religious republicans to end slavery......
Then the southern strategy happened.

Where did Republicans go wrong?

Forum List

Back