Tennessee teachers want to go against the law

Tennessee passed a law banning CRT. Obviously the people of Tennessee wanted this law passed. The teachers want to teach what is outlawed.

---Tennessee Education Association is suing the state over a 2021 law that regulates instruction on race and gender in classrooms, alleging in a complaint the law is unconstitutionally vague and interferes with education on "difficult but important" subjects.---

What law did they pass that banned CRT?

I didn't see that actual law in the link.

Tennessee passed a law banning CRT. Obviously the people of Tennessee wanted this law passed. The teachers want to teach what is outlawed.

---Tennessee Education Association is suing the state over a 2021 law that regulates instruction on race and gender in classrooms, alleging in a complaint the law is unconstitutionally vague and interferes with education on "difficult but important" subjects.---

Well, the left think that Democracy means being able to do whatever the hell you want, regardless of the law, while refusing to let the other side do the same and charging them with every offense they can, even if they have to go back to laws from 1870.

It was defined in such a way that CRT was prohibited without naming CRT specifically.
How do you know? It doesn't say CRT. No evidence of CRT at the school has been shown.

Are you saying they made a law to prohibit something that wasn't happening under the guise of "prohibitive concepts"?

MAGAts so afraid of the Truths of US history.

How do you know? It doesn't say CRT. No evidence of CRT at the school has been shown.

Are you saying they made a law to prohibit something that wasn't happening under the guise of "prohibitive concepts"?
Because I lived in TN when the law passed. I read the law. I read the CRT website. I know what each was saying.
The lawmakers (a few i personally know) knew the desires of the school boards and sought ways to stop them....and effectively did so.

What else can I say?

Just because I'm A-Political doesn't mean that I'm ignorant of the activities going on.

These teachers want to teach racism...openly.....and will take this to court to teach racism...openly.......the democrat party loves them some racism.

Know many teachers do you?

Tennessee fought for the Stars and Bars and had Jim Crow. Can they talk about the sick cruelty of slavery and show pictures of segregation and Jim Crow? Or will they have to teach "both sides?"

The Stars and Bars was the flag of the democrat party slave owners.........will they teach both sides? The democrats were the side of slavery, and the republicans were the side of ending slavery?

Segregation and jim crow........more democrat party policies after the republicans forced them to free their black slaves...

MAGAts so afraid of the Truths of US history.

CRT isn't truth.....it is left wing hate.....and racism...teaching children that their skin color makes them either eternal racists, or eternal victims......it is bullshit.

Since CRT is banned from TN, many of the battles with school boards has been over teaching transgender nonsense.

The fight over the indoctrination of children with political or sexual perversion is no where near over.

Because I lived in TN when the law passed. I read the law. I read the CRT website. I know what each was saying.
The lawmakers (a few i personally know) knew the desires of the school boards and sought ways to stop them....and effectively did so.

What else can I say?

That your personal anecdotes don't carry much weight.

The law doesn't say CRT. The article says no CRT has taken place at the school.

I seriously doubt school boards were talking about introducing CRT since it isn't really taught in public schools.

Of course many traditional history topics will overlap with CRT stuff but that certainly doesn't mean CRT is being taught as a curriculum.

And even if true, why would lawmaker's jump to stymie the efforts of small govornment (school boards) at work? Do you support big govornment?

Just because I'm A-Political doesn't mean that I'm ignorant of the activities going on.

CRT isn't truth.....it is left wing hate.....and racism...teaching children that their skin color makes them either eternal racists, or eternal victims......it is bullshit.
Can you link the part of CRT that teaches that.

The Stars and Bars was the flag of the democrat party slave owners.........will they teach both sides? The democrats were the side of slavery, and the republicans were the side of ending slavery?

Segregation and jim crow........more democrat party policies after the republicans forced them to free their black slaves...
Whats both sides to slavery and Jim Crow?

Forum List

Back