Tennessee Job Market

Stanton

Rookie
Oct 20, 2020
New Jersey
Can anyone from Tennessee or someone who knows otherwise tell me how the job market is there? What I mean is how easy is it to get a job in general? I'm making an attempt within the next year to get out of Jersey because I want my freedom back and have a few states picked out for moving but needed to know the general job market. Retail, truck driving, office, etc. , how hard is it to find employment? I here in Florida it's very difficult and hope it's not that hard in places like Tennessee.

Plenty of jobs in west TN. Job fairs galore.
Idk about middle and west though.
What area are you considering?

Can anyone from Tennessee or someone who knows otherwise tell me how the job market is there? What I mean is how easy is it to get a job in general? I'm making an attempt within the next year to get out of Jersey because I want my freedom back and have a few states picked out for moving but needed to know the general job market. Retail, truck driving, office, etc. , how hard is it to find employment? I here in Florida it's very difficult and hope it's not that hard in places like Tennessee.
Come to South Carolina great Republican governor and sensible people.

Moving to a deep red area like Tennessee means some things that you should be aware of. Firstly they are terribly prejudiced against Yankees. Don't matter how experienced you are they will not want you. Pay is way lower and fringe benefits are skimpy at best. Next thing you should ask yourself is how good are you at kissing ass? If you get a job even low level supervisors will expect the same shameless ass-kissing they are used to from the locals. The last and probably most important factor is that recessions hit harder and last longer in the south. If you can somehow get established the cost of living is pretty low but everyone's idea of fun is gorging at the Golden Corral and church.

Moving to a deep red area like Tennessee means some things that you should be aware of. Firstly they are terribly prejudiced against Yankees. Don't matter how experienced you are they will not want you. Pay is way lower and fringe benefits are skimpy at best. Next thing you should ask yourself is how good are you at kissing ass? If you get a job even low level supervisors will expect the same shameless ass-kissing they are used to from the locals. The last and probably most important factor is that recessions hit harder and last longer in the south. If you can somehow get established the cost of living is pretty low but everyone's idea of fun is gorging at the Golden Corral and church.
Yeah but Tennessee mortality rate is about 1.2% compared to NJ and their US leading 7%...so at least he will be alive in a state who has a governor with a brain.

Yeah but Tennessee mortality rate is about 1.2% compared to NJ and their US leading 7%...so at least he will be alive in a state who has a governor with a brain.
Plus get some great barbeque where they allow you to still go get it.

I live in Florida and do pretty damned good as an expert homebuilder. I tried things out in Alabama a number of years ago while my mother was slowly dying and I just about starved. I'm not even a yankee but I was treated like a suspicious interloper because no one could believe any sane person would leave the gulf coast and move to Bumfuck, Alabama.

I live in Florida and do pretty damned good as an expert homebuilder. I tried things out in Alabama a number of years ago while my mother was slowly dying and I just about starved. I'm not even a yankee but I was treated like a suspicious interloper because no one could believe any sane person would leave the gulf coast and move to Bumfuck, Alabama.
He can come to SC they will expect him and treat him just fine.

North Carolina hoss. Trucking. Enough said.

He can come to SC they will expect him and treat him just fine.
Florida is the best place for a new start in the Eastern US but if you don't already have a place to live when you get here it can be pretty tough. Jobs are fairly plentiful but rental property is scarce.

Shut up dumbass

Forum List

Back