Tennessee is SO TAKEI

Gotta be Tank.
Based on the illiteracy?

Tank's not banned, so i hardly see the motivation.

I hear Conhog- er, Brain- was recently banned.

And there's always Maddy or Agna

(R)ighteous?

I ignored (R), so I don't know its style enough to say.

This doesn't count as discussing moderator actions, does it?

We have three permabanned users. One from before I got here, Agna, and Maddy.

There were four, but I got let back on appeal. ;)

Based on the illiteracy?

Tank's not banned, so i hardly see the motivation.

I hear Conhog- er, Brain- was recently banned.

And there's always Maddy or Agna

(R)ighteous?

I ignored (R), so I don't know its style enough to say.

This doesn't count as discussing moderator actions, does it?

We have three permabanned users. One from before I got here, Agna, and Maddy.

There were four, but I got let back on appeal. ;)

Don't forget pubes.

by 8th grade a good percentage of them are already having sex. that's a sad fact of life. more importantly, those kids already know whether they're attracted to the opposite or the same sex.

and mentioning that someone is gay is hardly "teaching them about sex"

What is a good percentage?

well, this article says 1 in 4 are having sex between the ages of 11 and 16 in chicago. how's that for a start?

One in Four Chicago Kids Having Sex Before 16: Study | NBC Chicago

And the good people of Illinois are entitled to pass any type of legislation they feel is necessary in order to deal with that. That is the beauty of each state being an entity unto itself. And if I live in Tennessee and don't like the laws here, I'm always free to move to a state where the laws are more to my liking. And while this law keeps advocates from promoting homosexuality in a positive light, it also keeps people like Tank from promoting it as evil as well. We need to quit trying to use our schools for social engineering.

A pedophile is someone who does not deserve any respect from any human being, they have committed the ultimate sin, they have had sex with a CHILD. It does not matter if that child is 5 years old or 15 years old, it is still a CRIME. A pedophile is a sick sick individual!
A homosexual is someone who happens to like having sex with a member of the same sex. So they can be ages 18 and 40 or ages 21 and 30. As long as it's consensual, they both are happy, what's the big deal??
You do not go to prison for being a homosexual, but you do go to prison for being a pedophile~

Just to clarify, the Age of Consent in Tennessee is 13 as long as the partner is no more than 4-years older. A 19-year old having sex with a 16 year old is neither pedophilia or statutory rape.

Tennessee -- Age of Consent

>>>>

you might be pleased to know (or not) that most pedophiles are HETEROSEXUAL... not homosexual.

don't you watch To Catch a Predator?

I disagree, minus some actual facts, from more than one source and corroborated by a third.

Oh, and we watched the re-re-re-showing of the "unseen tapes" again last night. Like anything else, they pick and choose what they whish to air.

i was being glib about To Catch a Predator.

but the fact remains that the vast majority of pedophiles are heterosexual. girls are far more likely to be victimized than boys.

That is completely misleading given that heterosexuals outnumber homosexuals 9:1. I would hope to God that there were more heterosexual pedophiles than homosexual ones. I would be interested in seeing some studies on percentage of homosexual pedophiles as compared to the percentage of homosexuals in the general population. I would SUSPECT that the number would bear out that a higher percentage of pedophiles are gay than the percentage of the population of our country is gay.

And here is why. Pedophiles don't care about the sex of their victim. This has been proven over and over and over again. MOST pedophiles prefer girls, but boys are usually more available targets, so that's where they go.

And of course this just further proves our claim that homosexuality is a choice.

The above is irrelevant – this is an issue of policy and law. Such ‘reasoning’ was once used to justify segregation.

In your opinion. Fortunately we’re subject to the rule of law, not men.

The law was passed. So I am not sure what your point is?

I'd think about moving to TN is I was young enough to have children?:eusa_angel:

Funny, 'cause that's where "they gheys" are raising their children...which is just another in the long line of reasons why this law is so ridiculous, so backwards and SOOOO ignorant.

Parenting by Gays More Common in the South, Census Shows

Since there seems to be some confusion...

Two Types of Predators
As surprising as this may be, it only confirmed what Dr. Nicholas Groth demonstrated many years earlier. Dr. Groth was a leading pioneer in the field of child sex abuse, having treated more than 500 sex offenders by 1982.24 In 1978, he and Dr. Jean Birnbaum published a study of 175 convicted male child molesters in which they found:

The child offender is a relatively young adult either who has been sexually attracted to underage persons almost exclusively in his life or who turns to a child as a result of stresses in his adult sexual or marital relationships. Those offenders who are sexually attracted exclusively to children show a slight preference for boys over girls, yet these same individuals are uninterested in adult homosexual relationships. In fact, they frequently express a strong sexual aversion to adult males.

Dr. Groth identified two classic types of child molesters that he labeled fixated and regressed. The fixated molester is one whose development is “fixated” at childhood. In other words, he has never grown up. He typically lives a Peter-Pan existence, in a Neverland of childlike identity and behavior. He doesn’t form adult relationships easily, or if he does, the relationships tend not to be very stable. Instead, he sees children as his peers. Other adults often see him as being “very good with children”, which allows him to obtain a position of trust as a role model, leader, or caretaker.

With his primary sexual interest in children and not adults, the fixated offender fits the classic definition of a “pedophile.” And because he is fixated on children, he cannot properly be considered to be either heterosexual or homosexual — he often finds adults of either sex repulsive.

On the other hand, the regressed molester is very different. His attraction to children is usually more temporary. Unlike the fixated molester, the regressed molester’s primary sexual attraction is toward other adults. But stressful conditions that go along with adult responsibly or difficulties in his adult relationships may overwhelm him, causing his sexual focus to “regress” towards children. This regression sometimes serves as a substitute for adult relationship, and his attraction to children may vary according to the varying stresses he encounters in his adult life demands.

In some cases, he may temporarily relate to the child as a peer, much as a fixated offender relates to children. But more often, he is simply lashing out against the stresses in his life, and the child becomes a convenient target. The offender may find a sense of power in his sexual relationship with a child that he doesn't get with an adult. When that happens this relationship with the child is often violent. But regardless of the nature of the relationship, the gender of the child is often irrelevant — it’s the easy access and vulnerability that makes the child a target.

Regressed offenders are typically heterosexual in their adult relationships. Unlike our three percent sample, they date women and marry them. They often are parents, stepparents or extended family members of their victims. By all appearances — and by their own self-identification — they are straight. Drs. Groth and Birnbaum emphasized this point, saying:

In over 12 years of clinical experience working with child molesters, we have yet to see any example of a regression from an adult homosexual orientation. The child offender who is also attracted to and engaged in adult relationships is heterosexual.

While Drs. Groth and Birnbaum were emphatic on this point, there’s no reason to believe that there’s no such thing as someone who is engaged in homosexual adult relationships while also molesting children. Surely they’re out there. I don’t think any group of fallible human beings can claim perfect innocence on this.
But the experts generally agree: the phenomenon is rare.

Are Gays A Threat To Our Children?

Last edited:
I don't disagree that it's important to tell/teach children that they are what they are and no one can make them what they are not. But teaching children this isn't the schools job, it's the parents job.

As for not teaching anything about sex at all from K-8? Uh, no. Starting in 5th grade kids need to be taught the biology of what is happening to their bodies - or what will happen within the next few years. Between 5th and 8th grade nearly every female will have gone through puberty, with the boys close behind in their bodily changes. Puberty and the biological function/mechanics of sex should be taught, as well as sex leading to pregnancy. After all that's what sex is primarily for . . . to continue the species. Anything else referring to sex -- religious beliefs, homosexuality, kinky stuff -- simply doesn't belong in the class room. The school's job is to teach the basic biology, not to teach about sexuality. That's what parents are suppose to do.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
I don't disagree that it's important to tell/teach children that they are what they are and no one can make them what they are not. But teaching children this isn't the schools job, it's the parents job.

As for not teaching anything about sex at all from K-8? Uh, no. Starting in 5th grade kids need to be taught the biology of what is happening to their bodies - or what will happen within the next few years. Between 5th and 8th grade nearly every female will have gone through puberty, with the boys close behind in their bodily changes. Puberty and the biological function/mechanics of sex should be taught, as well as sex leading to pregnancy. After all that's what sex is primarily for . . . to continue the species. Anything else referring to sex -- religious beliefs, homosexuality, kinky stuff -- simply doesn't belong in the class room. The school's job is to teach the basic biology, not to teach about sexuality. That's what parents are suppose to do.

Homosexuality is a biological fact. There WILL BE gay kids in those K-8th classes (as well as the CHILDREN of gay parents). Imagine a kid who is gay and who cannot talk to their parents about it. In a normal situation they could talk to a trusted teacher about it...but not in TN if this ridiculous law gets passed.

(It's only passed in the Senate. The House won't likely be picking it up until next year)

IF the House ends up passing this in the future and the Gov signs it, it will be immediately challenged as being unconstitutional.

Forum List

Back