Ten most cash strappedd states in the U.S.

Arizona, California, Florida, Illinois, Michigan, Nevada, New Jersey, Oregon, Rhode Island and Wisconsin.

Other states -- including Colorado, Georgia, Kentucky, New York and Hawaii -- were not far behind.

The red/blue thing has nothing to do with it. Why didn't you post the article? Did you even read the article?

Of course red/blue has nothing to do with it. :lol:

That's KMAN for ya though. 5 out of the 10 major states he named? Republican Governors.

Who the Gov is doesn't really matter. What party is running the State Legislature??? Thats where they decide how to spend the money. Cali is a prime example on that one.

Also, pretty strong relationship between the states on this list and states were housing prices inflated the most.

Who the Gov is doesn't really matter. What party is running the State Legislature??? Thats where they decide how to spend the money. Cali is a prime example on that one.

My home state is an excellent example of what happens when you elect idiots - whether (D) or (R).

My home state is an excellent example of what happens when you elect idiots - whether (D) or (R).

No, your state is a great example of what happens when one party knows they can't win elections, so they dedicate themselves to blowing up the system instead.

Is it just coincidence that 9 of the 10 most cash strapped states are Blue? The only Red one was McCain's home state of Arizona....

Ten most troubled states in the U.S. - Yahoo! Finance

President Map - Election Results 2008 - The New York Times

This can't be true. The stimulus was intended to protect the states from this kind of disaster, and the WH has assured us it is working.

Most of the aid to states was gutted from the stimulus because it was thought doing so would get some Republicans on board (since they really, really hated aid to states).

I thought for certain my state would be on there...but i guess we really never had as much of a housing/construction boom....yet we still are running 12% unemployment rate.

No, your state is a great example of what happens when one party knows they can't win elections, so they dedicate themselves to blowing up the system instead.

No, my home state is an excellent example of what happens when you elect idiots.

Stop stating your opinion as a fact. You want to voice an opinion, fine. Just do it without quoting me and saying "no..." like you're God. Asshole.

I live in Florida and the government is run by Republicans.

In fact, the state is facing economic collapse, but not due to taxes but dues to the lack of of opportunity for the construction industry.

Hate to break it to the partisans here, the economic collapse has little to due with politics and everything to do with economic structure here. There was little planning on what to do next after we built on every square inch of land available here(even attempts to encrounch on agricultural and the everglades were not solutions!)

I guess Florida may have to turn to the oil that is just off the coast of the keys. I guess the saying here is "Black Gold--Carribean Tea"!!

No, my home state is an excellent example of what happens when you elect idiots.

Stop stating your opinion as a fact. You want to voice an opinion, fine. Just do it without quoting me and saying "no..." like you're God. Asshole.

It's not an opinion. The GOP rump in the California legislature is large enough that they block any real efforts to tackle the state's problems.

It's not an opinion. The GOP rump in the California legislature is large enough that they block any real efforts to tackle the state's problems.

California State Senate:
(25) Democrats
(15) Republicans

California State Assembly:
(50) Democrats
(28) Republicans
(1) Independent
(1) vacant seat

Please explain how Republicans are blocking "real efforts" to solve problems?

I actually find it incredible that my home state isn't on that list.

Things must be really and truly bad.

You'll also notice that several of those states on the list have to contend with voter imposed constraints on spending and taxation. In my home state, almost every angle of the budget is constitutional protected besides education and health care. Every time the economy tanks, the budget ends up having to be balanced on the backs of the schools and the hospitals.

Ame®icano;1709198 said:
California State Senate:
(25) Democrats
(15) Republicans

(50) Democrats
(28) Republicans
(1) Independent
(1) vacant seat

With ballot inititives and any kind of uniformity, even a small group of State Senators and Assemblymen can block/kill any measures they want to. And in California ballot inititives are ridiculously easy to get on the ballot and pass.

What I've seen of the California GOP is just kinda insane... but I'll confess that I'm not a native of California so I probably don't have a very complete picture.

Ame®icano;1709198 said:

California State Senate:
(25) Democrats
(15) Republicans

(50) Democrats
(28) Republicans
(1) Independent
(1) vacant seat

California's state constitution requires a 2/3rd vote to pass the budget. The Republicans hold over a third of the seats in both houses.

Forum List

Back