Tempest Over Obama's Tea Cup Salute

So it's gone from the President shouldn't have anything in his hands when saluting to he has nothing in his saluting hand so it's okay. Wow, I wonder what the difference is? Could it be his party? Nah! lol
You seem to have trouble following simple conversations.

No one who respects the office and the military suggested the President shouldn't have anything in his hands, simply not in his saluting hand.

I think you know this but your playing dumb is getting old, getting to know your fellow libs here would be useful ;)

You're correct, nobody here has suggested this argument. I was posting on a different forum where that argument had been made. I concede the point and was in error.

You and by the way you don't have throw about silly little jabs like that to me. You'll find that I am capable of discussing many a topics politely. It's this dreadful quirk I have. Oh and for the record I am a libertarian not a liberal.

So it's gone from the President shouldn't have anything in his hands when saluting to he has nothing in his saluting hand so it's okay. Wow, I wonder what the difference is? Could it be his party? Nah! lol

No one who respects the office and the military suggested the President shouldn't have anything in his hands, simply not in his saluting hand.

I think you know this but your playing dumb is getting old, getting to know your fellow libs here would be useful ;)

You're correct, nobody here has suggested this argument. I was posting on a different forum where that argument had been made. I concede the point and was in error.

You and by the way you don't have throw about silly little jabs like that to me. You'll find that I am capable of discussing many a topics politely. It's this dreadful quirk I have. Oh and for the record I am a libertarian not a liberal.

civil discourse is rare from RW's on this board. Immature sexual slurs and prison cursing is their forte'. Intelligent human activity escapes them ... totally.

If you say so.

Your snark was in line with the posting in this thread and appears to be siding with those mocking those who see this lack of respect

civil discourse is rare from RW's on this board. Immature sexual slurs and prison cursing is their forte'. Intelligent human activity escapes them ... totally.

To be fair, I've seen a lot bile from LW's on this board as well. Don't get me wrong, I love a spirited and passionate debate but all the insults and rudeness tends to be a distraction from the topic at hand.

He does not respect soldiers, plain and simple. I don't think he has negative feelings toward them necessarily, but that he simply has no appreciation for their dedication to service.

I saw on the news this morning that supposedly it was Reagan who first started to salute the military and that it was not common previously, and I was aghast, quite frankly. The Commander -In-Chief is the ultimate military authority. How could he NOT salute HIS troops?
Don't think it is only Obama that is doing it, over the past decade there have been cuts to areas of the budget that would have been unthinkable during the cold war.

Past Presidents, the Congress, and the Senate all supported cuts to NASA, didn't adjust funding of programs to reflect the difficulties veterans were having returning home, and overall concerns over safety to Americans at home and abroad were ignored - like in Libya, Syria, and now Iraq. Politicians therefore like to shift blame onto the military, or claim it was a problem in communication, whenever something goes wrong. If things were fair, people would admit their mistakes rather than seek to hide things to better their careers.

The events that led up to 9/11, Benghazi, and now ISIS, were all known risks. The military and intelligence services knew the risks and made them clear, it was ultimately those at the top of the chain of command that decide whether to act on or seek to mitigate those risks. Instead the information that could have saved lives was filed away, and the people that tried to push the seriousness of those risks were dismissed as 'war mongers' or 'rabble rousers'. It isn't purposefully done, but governments like all organizations have an internal culture of how things are done, and those contrary to that culture don't get listened to as much.

Last edited:
Hey, He managed to keep the cup upright and not spill his TEA all over His Royal visage.

That suggests educability beyond credibility!

See, He's SO MUCH MORE than they expected when the left anointed Him!!!

The difference is that a salute is done with the right hand and it is perfectly acceptable to carry something in the left hand. A briefcase for example or in Bush's case, his dog.
Obama should have put his cup in his left hand before saluting or merely nodded his acceptance of the Marines saluting him.

ByRPFKjIgAAzJfh.jpg-large.jpeg

And yet, he refused to salute those who came home in coffins.

Very few came home in coffins. Less than 600. It wasn't until obama took office that the real slaughter began. And that, by his design.
Less than 600?? Where do you get your figures from? Fox News?

iCasualties Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom Casualties

The actual number is about 4,852. Not counting another 1,000 or so contractors.

He left out the word Afghanistan. 581 KIA under Bush, 1662 KIA under Obama.

Very few came home in coffins. Less than 600. It wasn't until obama took office that the real slaughter began. And that, by his design.

and you left out Bush QUIT Afghanistan and moved to Iraq letting the Taliban regain control of Afghanistan.

When did those casualties happen?

U.S. Deaths in Afghanistan Obama vs Bush Just Foreign Policy
575 US troops died in Afghanistan during the Bush presidency. By August 18, 2010, following two troop surges initiated by President Obama, that number had doubled. Today, over 1500 US troops have died in Afghanistan since President Obama took office—and yet, little in that war-torn country has changed.

When Obama took office, the war in Iraq was pretty much over. obama said that Iraq was stable and secure. Except he screwed it up and made it the same kind of basket case Libya is.
Why on Earth would you exclude the Iraq war??

And why leave out Iraq? Didn't Bush miss saluting soldiers who fought in Iraq?

A civilian president should not be saluting anyway

I have seen many an officer give a half-assed salute in return for an enlisted mans salute

He's the CIC of the military, it's appropriate and a well established tradition in the military, but no one expects a POS like you to know that!

The President is not a member of the military, he's a civilian. Presidents saluting is nothing more than a PR stunt, started by Reagan. But I don't expect a piece of shit like you to know that.

A civilian president should not be saluting anyway

I have seen many an officer give a half-assed salute in return for an enlisted mans salute

He's the CIC of the military, it's appropriate and a well established tradition in the military, but no one expects a POS like you to know that!

The President is not a member of the military, he's a civilian. Presidents saluting is nothing more than a PR stunt, started by Reagan. But I don't expect a piece of shit like you to know that.

He's the COMMANDER of our military asshole, live with it, and traditions of RESPECT that the obomanation know NOTHING about...he can't even spell it correctly!

If you say so.

Your snark was in line with the posting in this thread and appears to be siding with those mocking those who see this lack of respect

Yeah, those people would stand in front of a bullet to save his life. It is disrespectful to think those men are not even worth more respect than a freaking tea cup. Mr. President, find a freaking trash can.

Forum List

Back