Tell me again how legalization is wrong....

Good point. Pot is the "diet coke" of drugs. We already discriminate between legal and illegal recreational drugs with having alochol and tobacco legal. It is just a question of "moving the line"

Some drugs, however should remain illegal, stuff like heroin and meth, and probably coke. They can have far more impact on a persons life than pot and say ecstasy.

The worst thing that happens to pot smokers is usually weight gain due to constant "dude i want white castle" cravings.

I don't really care if they were to legalize marijuana, because I'm not going to smoke it and I'm not going to sit around watching others do it. It's the same with tobacco for me.

But by legalizing marijuana, we set a standard of "moving the line," as you say. Once we move it once, others will want to move it again. We have drawn a line, and once we erase it, it will be hard to keep it intact.

We moved "the line" to make cannibus illegal in the first place.

Moving it back is a good idea.

Total waste of resources policing something so harmless as hemp.

Actually it goes much farther than that editec. Marijuana is not only the most harmless drug, vs alcohol, the most destructive, hemp is the most versatile and useful plant on the planet. George Washington and Thomas Jefferson grew hemp. Drafts of our founding documents were written on paper made from hemp. Henry Ford constructed a car of resin stiffened hemp fiber, and even ran the car on ethanol made from hemp.

In the 1985 book, The Emperor Wears No Clothes the author offers $100,000 to anyone who can disprove the claims made within:

"If all fossil fuels and their derivatives, as well as trees for paper and construction were banned in order to save the planet, reverse the Greenhouse Effect and stop deforestation; then there is only one known annually renewable natural resource that is capable of providing the overall majority of the world's paper and textiles; meet all of the world's transportation, industrial and home energy needs, while simultaneously reducing pollution, rebuilding the soil, and cleaning the atmosphere all at the same time... and that substance is -- the same one that did it all before -- Cannabis Hemp... Marijuana!"

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie -- deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic. Belief in myths allows the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought.
President John F. Kennedy

Wasn't there a story a short while back about a woman who was stoned and got in an accident that killed her children - maybe up in NY? I seem to remember that her husband was denying her use of marijuana.

Just think how much money we could make if we fined druggies for fucking up their kids.

Let's be clear, marijuana is not heroine or cocaine. SO why don't you be clear on who you classify as a druggie, do you think people who smoke pot are druggies, and fuck up their children?

Wasn't there a story a short while back about a woman who was stoned and got in an accident that killed her children - maybe up in NY? I seem to remember that her husband was denying her use of marijuana.

link

Too iffy for me---If we legalize pot I wanna damn hard line drawn to determine if a driver was stoned or not.
*waits for the " but I can drive perfectly when stoned" argument*

How do you think BAC was correlated to intoxication? The data is mostly emperical, derived from testing as I described above. In general a person with a BAC of .10 or greater is intoxicated enough to impair driving, but not in all cases. As you really cant tell when an individual is smashed you set the number at some point where most people are impaired and make it a legal benchmark. Testing can be done to establish that "at 0.XX" THC you are too impaired to drive.

fine draw the line. If you wanna legalize pot, show me what your willing to do to insure stoned mother fuckers aren't driving.

We already have laws against driving while under the influence..
And I agree you shouldn't drive while stoned, but I always laugh when people go all crazy over this issue. For one it is more dangerous to text and drive, than it is to drive stoned. Plus every pot head I ever knew who drove while stoned, always went very slow. :lol:
They might get in an accident, but at least they won't be going very fast.:razz:

Yeah........she was also coked up and drunk. Next?

By the way people........pot was made illegal because of racist reasons. Look up Anslinger and the MJ Tax Stamp Act sometime.

Or.......just watch the documentary Grass narrated by Woody Harrelson.

Or, read the LaGuardia Report which was commissioned by Nixon and thrown in the trash because it was proven to be less harmful than alcohol or tobacco.

Or, ask Harvard Medical, the Royal British Medical Society, the CIA (they did a LOT of testing on our military in the 60's).

Pick one.

Think of all the money we could make if we legalized burglary? We could require a license with a fee and then tax all the profits the burglar made.

No one ever gets hurt in most burglaries after all. And there are millions of them a year, we will never be able to get rid of them, rather then imprison all these people we can make them productive members of society.

what an absurd argument. A burglary infringes on the property rights of others. I don't get high. It was never something that appealed to me. But I've also never seen anyone start a bar fight because they were high.

Instead of equating pot with 'burglary' which may be one of the more disingenuous analogies i've ever seen, it should be equated with alcohol use or any other happy pill people take to get them through the day.

Spending a fortune enforcing absurd laws and jailing people for violating those laws under overly punitive regulations like the Rockefeller laws is too high a price to pay to satisfy the pretend morality of people who go home and pop open a can of beer.

Myth-----if pot is legalized Americans will realize a huge financial benefit.

:lol:
I love it when people who know nothing about the subject, try to tell us what the myths and facts are. :lol:

Washington State has had to cut many programs, many important programs, along with having to cut jobs. We have a large marijuana industry, plus there is the whole fact that most of the BC bud that enters the US, enters at the Washington/Canada border. My state alone could create a very profitable industry if legalized.

Yeah........she was also coked up and drunk. Next?

By the way people........pot was made illegal because of racist reasons. Look up Anslinger and the MJ Tax Stamp Act sometime.

Or.......just watch the documentary Grass narrated by Woody Harrelson.

Or, read the LaGuardia Report which was commissioned by Nixon and thrown in the trash because it was proven to be less harmful than alcohol or tobacco.

Or, ask Harvard Medical, the Royal British Medical Society, the CIA (they did a LOT of testing on our military in the 60's).

Pick one.

I like THe Union better, for one it points out every lie the US government has told us regarding marijuana.

Can anyone who is against the legalization of marijuana provide reasonable evidence that it is worse for you than cigarettes or alcohol?

It seems to me that we, as a society have already established that the line regarding what substances are legal and illegal has been set and moved and set and moved numerous times over a variety of substances in our history. We used to consider "laudanum" a perfectly reasonable method of coping with a cough...nowadays we'd frown on someone injesting large quantities of opium to deal with their cold. We, as a nation, banned alcohol, then we "moved the line" again by de-criminalizing it. The line has moved and will probably continue to move throughout our history.

Our society seems to understand and accept that some drugs (at present, nicotine, caffeine, alcohol, ephedrine, etc.) can be used recreationally and others can not. For me, the questions that we should be asking is how is THC worse than these other currently legal drugs...and if it is no worse - then why aren't we legalizing it and regulating it?

It seems to me that the reason marijuana is not legal in this country at present has far more to do with the alcohol and tobacco lobby than it does with marijuana being "too dangerous" to legalize.

Last edited:
How do you think BAC was correlated to intoxication? The data is mostly emperical, derived from testing as I described above. In general a person with a BAC of .10 or greater is intoxicated enough to impair driving, but not in all cases. As you really cant tell when an individual is smashed you set the number at some point where most people are impaired and make it a legal benchmark. Testing can be done to establish that "at 0.XX" THC you are too impaired to drive.

fine draw the line. If you wanna legalize pot, show me what your willing to do to insure stoned mother fuckers aren't driving.

And I agree you shouldn't drive while stoned, but I always laugh when people go all crazy over this issue. For one it is more dangerous to text and drive, than it is to drive stoned. Plus every pot head I ever knew who drove while stoned, always went very slow. :lol:
They might get in an accident, but at least they won't be going very fast.:razz:

Hey...don't forget about all the fights that will break out when some guy grows a set of 'weed' muscles...:lol::lol::lol:

Hey...don't forget about all the fights that will break out when some guy grows a set of 'weed' muscles...:lol::lol::lol:

:lol:

Want to know why pot isn't legal?

Big pharma companies wouldn't be able to make obscene profits. Cannabis helps with chemotherapy nausea, PTSD, Alzheimer's and has shown promise for people who are autistic.

Corporations can't make money if you can grow the stuff in your back yard.

Weed makes people drowsy.

seedsdp3801_400.jpg

I would like to challenge ANYONE to a driving contest.

My 12 bowls smoked versus your 12 beers drank.

Last edited:

RESEARCH REPORT
Marijuana use and car crash injury

The George Institute For International Health, Sydney

and School of Population Health, University of Auckland, New Zealand

ABSTRACT
Aims
To investigate the relationship between marijuana use prior to driving,
habitual marijuana use and car crash injury

Design and setting
Population based case–control study in Auckland, New
Zealand.

Participants
Case vehicles were all cars involved in crashes in which at least
one occupant was hospitalized or killed anywhere in the Auckland region, and
control vehicles were a random sample of cars driving on Auckland roads. The
drivers of 571 case and 588 control vehicles completed a structured interview.
Measurements
Self reported marijuana use in the 3 hours prior to the crash/
survey and habitual marijuana use over the previous 12 months were recorded,
along with a range of other variables potentially related to crash risk. The main
outcome measure was hospitalization or death of a vehicle occupant due to car
crash injury.
Findings
Acute marijuana use was significantly associated with car crash
injury, after controlling for the confounders age, gender, ethnicity, education
level, passenger carriage, driving exposure and time of day (OR 3.9, 95% CI
1.2–12.9). However, after adjustment for these confounders plus other risky
driving at the time of the crash (blood alcohol concentration, seat-belt use, travelling
speed and sleepiness score), the effect of acute marijuana intake was no
longer significant (OR 0.8, 95% CI 0.2–3.3). There was a strong significant
association between habitual use and car crash injury after adjustment for
all the above confounders plus acute use prior to driving (OR 9.5, 95% CI
2.8–32.3).
Conclusions
This population-based case–control study indicates that habitual
use of marijuana is strongly associated with car crash injury. The nature of the
relationship between marijuana use and risk-taking is unclear and needs further
research. The prevalence of marijuana use in this driving population was
low, and acute use was associated with habitual marijuana use, suggesting that
intervention strategies may be more effective if they are targeted towards high

use groups.

source

I must be the only human in the world who can not score some happy weed.

I don't know if it is because I am usually so drunk I scare off drug dealers off or if God is trying to save my soul.

And don't even get me started with magic mushrooms.

I could start a new religion if some one would show me where to find magic mushrooms.

Last edited:

I don't know if it is because I am usually so drunk I scare off drug dealers off or if God is trying to save my soul.

I could start a new religion if some one would show me where to find magic mushrooms.

Cow poop ....

According to various drug related magazines one can buy home grow kits and spores to grow those.

I THINK I know somebody who is doing that.

He's not telling, but he seems to have a constant supply of that crap.

Bad stuff to take in my opinion.

Shouldn't be illegal, though.

Forum List

Back