Tel Aviv: Dismembered body found in suitcase

Lipush

Gold Member
Apr 11, 2012
Where the wild things are
The dismembered body of a woman in her 30s was found in a suitcase in southern Tel Aviv on Saturday. The body was decapitated.

Massive police forces arrived at the scene and have begun combing the area. One of the detectives told Ynet that: "This is a horrific event. The body was found in horrible condition and it is obvious that only a psychopath could perpetrate something like this."

An initial investigation revealed that a man traveling along southern Tel Aviv's Ha'Haganah Bridge spotted the suitcase, "I was traveling with my bike and the suitcase obstructed my path. So I tried to move it," Igor, the man, said. However, the case's unusal weight made him suspicious, prompting him to open it and find the dismembered body inside.

Police Chief Superintended Yossi Shperling said that "around 12:25 pm we received a call about a suspicious suitcase. District forces and sappers were alerted to the scene, and were surprised to find a body. We are only just beginning our investigation."

The police hope that the fact that the body was found inside a suitcase will aid them in finding the killer. A police source further noted that it is unclear how a man could carry the body-filled suitcase along the crowded street and leave it there without causing suspicion.

Tel Aviv: Dismembered body found in suitcase - Israel News, Ynetnews

-------------

184.gif

The dismembered body of a woman in her 30s was found in a suitcase in southern Tel Aviv on Saturday. The body was decapitated.

Massive police forces arrived at the scene and have begun combing the area. One of the detectives told Ynet that: "This is a horrific event. The body was found in horrible condition and it is obvious that only a psychopath could perpetrate something like this."

An initial investigation revealed that a man traveling along southern Tel Aviv's Ha'Haganah Bridge spotted the suitcase, "I was traveling with my bike and the suitcase obstructed my path. So I tried to move it," Igor, the man, said. However, the case's unusal weight made him suspicious, prompting him to open it and find the dismembered body inside.

Police Chief Superintended Yossi Shperling said that "around 12:25 pm we received a call about a suspicious suitcase. District forces and sappers were alerted to the scene, and were surprised to find a body. We are only just beginning our investigation."

The police hope that the fact that the body was found inside a suitcase will aid them in finding the killer. A police source further noted that it is unclear how a man could carry the body-filled suitcase along the crowded street and leave it there without causing suspicion.

-------------

184.gif

Please be careful of the terms you use. The word "dismembered" could be construed as racist toward arabs. :lol:

-------------

184.gif

Please be careful of the terms you use. The word "dismembered" could be construed as racist toward arabs. :lol:

Huh?

Why?:eusa_shifty:

-------------

184.gif

Huh?

Why?:eusa_shifty:

Really? You didn't get the sarcasm ?

Bloodrock is right. Arabs could never do such a thing. Must have been a Zionist who dismembered the body. And if you don't beleive that, just ask any of the Palestinian supporters on the board.

Uhhhh, no?
hanghead.gif

There is no evidence who killed the person. Dismemberment has no cultural affinities. So, let's put baiting and bigotry aside and consider the article.

Must have been a hell of sight - I feel sorry for the fellow who found it :(

i am sure the victim's family, be they arab or jew, appreciates the sentiments expressed regarding the death of their mother, daughter, wife, sister and/or friend.

outstanding.

There is no evidence who killed the person. Dismemberment has no cultural affinities. So, let's put baiting and bigotry aside and consider the article.

Must have been a hell of sight - I feel sorry for the fellow who found it :(

I think dismemberment is more of a mobster type murder, not cultural or religious. One can argue that it was done to send a message.

Or maybe I've watched too many movies ? ;)

I should also mention that there has been a rise in mob hits in Israel in the last few months, part of the underground world. I don't really know anything else about it but that

Update

Police: Turkish Citizen Murdered Woman, Cut Body
The woman's headless body was found in a suitcase in Tel Aviv last Saturday.
By Gil Ronen
First Publish: 8/7/2013, 9:59 AM

Police disclosed Wednesday morning that they have arrested the suspect in the murder of a woman whose headless body was discovered Saturday in Tel Aviv. The body had been chopped up into several pieces.

The suspect is a Turkish national, aged about 50. The murdered woman was called Densie Lana, and was an immigrant worker from Rumania. Her age was given as being about 30.

The complete gag order on the investigation, which was in force until Wednesday, was meant to hinder the possible escape of the murderer, or any accomplice he may have had, from Israeli territory. The decicion to lift the gag order was reached after the suspect was arrested.

The suspect and the victim appear to have had a financial dispute.

The body was discovered on Hagan astreet in Tel Aviv by a man who passed on a bicycle, noticed the suitcase and tried to move it but found that it was suspiciously heavy. He called the police.

Police: Turkish Citizen Murdered Woman, Cut Body - Inside Israel - News - Israel National News

Update

By Gil Ronen

Police disclosed Wednesday morning that they have arrested the suspect in the murder of a woman whose headless body was discovered Saturday in Tel Aviv. The body had been chopped up into several pieces.

The suspect is a Turkish national, aged about 50. The murdered woman was called Densie Lana, and was an immigrant worker from Rumania. Her age was given as being about 30.

The complete gag order on the investigation, which was in force until Wednesday, was meant to hinder the possible escape of the murderer, or any accomplice he may have had, from Israeli territory. The decicion to lift the gag order was reached after the suspect was arrested.

The body was discovered on Hagan astreet in Tel Aviv by a man who passed on a bicycle, noticed the suitcase and tried to move it but found that it was suspiciously heavy. He called the police.

Police: Turkish Citizen Murdered Woman, Cut Body - Inside Israel - News - Israel National News

Thank you.

I was about to post that.

Take a serious phsycho-mind to do something like that!

I should also mention that there has been a rise in mob hits in Israel in the last few months, part of the underground world. I don't really know anything else about it but that

Mob hits and killers don't dismember people. They usually shoot each other or blow up cars with their enemies inside.

One should be very calculated and cold-blooded to dismember a body.

Update

By Gil Ronen

Thank you.

I was about to post that.

Take a serious phsycho-mind to do something like that!

They had a financial dispute according to the article. Israeli financial and consumer laws are much more lax than in other countries, so people do seem to have problems with bills, contracts, landlords etc.

It is frightening that someone can take a financial dispute to that level.

"The dismembered body of a woman in her 30s was found in a suitcase in southern Tel Aviv on Saturday. The body was decapitated. Tel Aviv: Dismembered body found in suitcase - Israel News..."

ooh, i hate to stoop down to that level but, what does this horrible crime have to do with "the israeli/palestinian conflict?"
i know, i know, i'm guilty of going off-topic. this article you posted---OMG, if you're going to go off -topic,
couldn't you have picked a topic LESS gruesome and sad and horrific topic for people to read ?
i know you're the "bored" type - is it really THAT dull there in southern israel ?

What about taking up a hobby to fill in the gaps between the "bored" thing ?? LoL.
what about bowling ?

"The dismembered body of a woman in her 30s was found in a suitcase in southern Tel Aviv on Saturday. The body was decapitated. Tel Aviv: Dismembered body found in suitcase - Israel News..."

ooh, i hate to stoop down to that level but, what does this horrible crime have to do with "the israeli/palestinian conflict?"
i know, i know, i'm guilty of going off-topic. this article you posted---OMG, if you're going to go off -topic,
couldn't you have picked a topic LESS gruesome and sad and horrific topic for people to read ?
i know you're the "bored" type - is it really THAT dull there in southern israel ?

What about taking up a hobby to fill in the gaps between the "bored" thing ?? LoL.
what about bowling ?

I don't know, but it was worth it because it made you post here so we could see your amusing pictures. :cool:

what about bowling ?

I don't know, but it was worth it because it made you post here
so we could see your amusing pictures
. :cool:

yeah, yeah, "amusing" is better than....lip's "gruesome.".

what about bowling ?

I don't know, but it was worth it because it made you post here
so we could see your amusing pictures
. :cool:

yeah, yeah, "amusing" is better than....lip's "gruesome.".

Well I haven't seen any gruesome pics yet, nor do I want to.

Forum List

Back