Teens accused of bullying girl to death reach plea deals

I dont want to defend these people but they were convicted of criminal harassment. What would you have them convicted of?

After a quick search on the internet I found that in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts criminal harassment is when "someone engages (either willfully or maliciously) in a knowing pattern of conduct, or series of acts of a period of time directed at a specific person." And that "a first conviction of criminal harassment does not carry a state prison sentence." Source:Massachusetts Criminal Defense Substantively the punishment might seem light but thats what the legal system calls for.

I dont want to defend these people but they were convicted of criminal harassment. What would you have them convicted of?

After a quick search on the internet I found that in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts criminal harassment is when "someone engages (either willfully or maliciously) in a knowing pattern of conduct, or series of acts of a period of time directed at a specific person." And that "a first conviction of criminal harassment does not carry a state prison sentence." Source:Massachusetts Criminal Defense Substantively the punishment might seem light but thats what the legal system calls for.

negligent homicide. Their actions led directly to the girl's death.

Forum List

Back