Teenage Jobs??

Bonnie

Jun 30, 2004
Wherever
Those crap jobs that you had in highschool?

I worked in Roy Rogers.......horrible experience
worked at hair salons as shampoo girl.......horrible
worked in Retail..for Joyce Leslie, Macy's, and Hit or Miss hours sucked but I got discounts on clothes!!

Oh yeah and "The Wild Pair" shoe store, my second home anyway. :D

Bonnie said:
Those crap jobs that you had in highschool?

I worked in Roy Rogers.......horrible experience
worked at hair salons as shampoo girl.......horrible
worked in Retail..for Joyce Leslie, Macy's, and Hit or Miss hours sucked but I got discounts on clothes!!

Waitressed from 14-16. Sear's for a year. From then on through college, worked at Kroch's & Brentano's, a bookstore. Until I was done with college, I didn't know there were any jobs outside of Oak Brook Mall!

Kathianne said:
Waitressed from 14-16. Sear's for a year. From then on through college, worked at Kroch's & Brentano's, a bookstore. Until I was done with college, I didn't know there were any jobs outside of Oak Brook Mall!

worked as a slave at Buzzs Steak House in Hawaii--even lit the Tiki torches---crappy pay but the bennys were awesome---free food (steak, lobster, etc.)
could even take home cuts of meat that were too small to sell mmmmmmmmmm

mixing and delivering "mud" for stone masons was quite the trip too !! ugh

Sir Evil said:
I had cool jobs in my teens!

Record Town watching the floor for thieves! :teeth:

Chicago Pizza in the mall - free pizza

Auto store - car always ran well

Which Record Town?? I lived at those places and of course Vintage Vinyl.

Hmm. I've had so few jobs, I remember them all. :D

Zantigo - Fast food mexican - eventually bought out by Taco Bell, but sure as hell *tasted* better than Taco Bell, IMO.

George Webb's 3rd shift waitress (*that's where all the money is - bar lushes, you know*) (Oh, and since strawberry jelly was *always* in short supply, you could get the really drunk guys to pay $1.00 for a tiny little packet - I made a mint doing that) :D:D

Everything after that was nice, long term responsible jobs.

I'm a bagger at a commissary...
Extremely redundant and at times just plain rediculous. Good money and uhh, small cardboard boxes that the bags come in :eek:

Taught swim lessons, worked as a lifeguard, too many resturants to mention as a cook, dishwasher, busboy....I sold donuts and school supplies out of my locker at school, newpaper routes, sold seeds...I basically tried to sell anything I could...buy low, sell high.

Also worked in the oil field for a summer between my jr and sr year of high school as a "gopher."

Babysitting from age 12-14

lifeguard/ swim instructor, age15-16

waitress/drive-thru at Skyline Chili (you always had a very pungent odor about you when you got off work), age 16-17

Putt-Putt golf, age 17 very cool! free golf, fun job, got to go around w my boyfriend at the time who dressed up as the big golf ball at events. I handed out free game passes for promo and helped him navigate in his costume.

Back to Skyline Chili, and college bookstore, Five Star Video, can't remember the ages.

Builder's Square at age 19 (where I met Hubby!)

Applebee's Bar & Grill- waitress, age 19-21

Gardner Graphics print bindery worker-- fun bc I got to work with boyfriend (Hubby) and his cousin, very laid-back, easy to gab and work at the same time.

There were probably more, but can't remember. I never got fired, and I nver got turned down when I applied for any job! :)

Sir Evil said:
The one in Woodbrige mall upper level. That was pretty much the start to my massive music collection so I guess I am in debt to them! :D

I remember that place well! :rock:

I worked at Elitch Gardens, the local theme park in the summers. In the winter I usually worked at either Pizza Hut delivery making pizza, or at McD's whichever suited my fancy at the time of application.

From age 10....
Worked for my grandfather breaking horses.
Harvested crops.
Hauled hay

In (and after) high school....
Worked at Arby's.
Worked at Furr's cafeteria.
Worked at Western Sizzlin.
Worked at a Cabinet Shop.
Worked as an Industrial Roofer.
Worked as a Machinist.
Worked as a stocker at the local grocery store.
Then I joined the Army.

JOKER96BRAVO said:
From age 10....
Worked for my grandfather breaking horses.
Harvested crops.
Hauled hay

In (and after) high school....
Worked at Arby's.
Worked at Furr's cafeteria.
Worked at Western Sizzlin.
Worked at a Cabinet Shop.
Worked as an Industrial Roofer.
Worked as a Machinist.
Worked as a stocker at the local grocery store.
Then I joined the Army.

Is just me, or did you find roofers to be a little bit :cuckoo:

Said1 said:
Is just me, or did you find roofers to be a little bit :cuckoo:
We were all a little :cuckoo:
Industrial Roofer = Metal panels...
In the summer in Oklahoma, 110 temp with 99% humidity.
Oh ya we were all a little :cuckoo:

JOKER96BRAVO said:
We were all a little :cuckoo:
Industrial Roofer = Metal panels...
In the summer in Oklahoma, 110 temp with 99% humidity.
Oh ya we were all a little :cuckoo:

Between the heat and the fumes, I guess it happens. :D

I used to work in the office for a industrial roofing co, let's just say they were an "interesting" group of guys, and I learned a few new words/phrases in french and english. Not to mention I know several who are a little demented.....might be all the dope and booze too though. :huh:

Forum List

Back