Teenage Jobs??

I suppose the first job I had was delivering the paper, once a week, early in the morning. Ah, 4am, in Ohio, in the middle of Winter. That sure was fun. Who here has had there snot freeze their nostrils shut?

When I was 15 I washed dishes at a steak house down the road, where I could ride my bike, on the street (no sidewalk) past a construction companies truck parking, dumping, and storage area. Best things about that job were unlimited appetizers (they had shrimp cocktail) and the chef let us take sporadic smoke breaks.

When I was 16 I worked at a discount local chain supermarket carts/bagging/stocking. Best thing about that job was this one super hot cashier and all the free cigarettes I could smoke or give away. I didn't pay for cigarettes for three months....and when the manager found out I didn't have a job anymore.

When I was 17 I worked at a DIY, first in the seasonal dept. and then helping people load lumber, concrete, and drywall during the summer. One day, when I was tripping on acid I called up my supervisor and told her I was sick and wouldn't be making it to work that day. She said come in or don't come back. I told her I wasn't coming back.

When I was 18 I worked at a 'family fun center', which had an arcade, batting cages, a go-cart track, mini-golf, et cetera. Eventually I was promoted to go-cart track manager but was later moved for mercilessly beating my workers. Bloody liberals.

I started working at Little Caesar's Pizza about two weeks after I turned 16. I was there until right before I graduated, when my dad was concerned that my grades were going to slip and West Point was going to dis-invite me.

Then I joined the Army.

Zhukov said:
I suppose the first job I had was delivering the paper, once a week, early in the morning. Ah, 4am, in Ohio, in the middle of Winter. That sure was fun. Who here has had there snot freeze their nostrils shut?

When I was 15 I washed dishes at a steak house down the road, where I could ride my bike, on the street (no sidewalk) past a construction companies truck parking, dumping, and storage area. Best things about that job were unlimited appetizers (they had shrimp cocktail) and the chef let us take sporadic smoke breaks.

When I was 16 I worked at a discount local chain supermarket carts/bagging/stocking. Best thing about that job was this one super hot cashier and all the free cigarettes I could smoke or give away. I didn't pay for cigarettes for three months....and when the manager found out I didn't have a job anymore.

When I was 17 I worked at a DIY, first in the seasonal dept. and then helping people load lumber, concrete, and drywall during the summer. One day, when I was tripping on acid I called up my supervisor and told her I was sick and wouldn't be making it to work that day. She said come in or don't come back. I told her I wasn't coming back.

When I was 18 I worked at a 'family fun center', which had an arcade, batting cages, a go-cart track, mini-golf, et cetera. Eventually I was promoted to go-cart track manager but was later moved for mercilessly beating my workers. Bloody liberals.

:fifty:

Forum List

Back