Teen Titans t.v. show...why does the one character look like a black exploitation hooker?

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Younger members of the family like the Teen Titans Cartoon, both versions.....the alien Girl in the show.....has nothing in common with the looks of the character on the Teen Titans t.v. show that will be coming out......the t.v. version looks like a 1970s black exploitation movie hooker....

Robin isn't too bad, but the others.....don't quite make the grade...

Titans: Jason Todd is The Key to Not Showing Batman

iu

It's no coincidence that my very first girlfriend in grammar school was blonde.

Later, I learned to appreciate brunettes.

i-dream-of-jeannie-bedroom-ideas-with-kay-dee-collection-costumes-ii-evil-sister-5ba22a6c98093.jpg

I'm not sure what the purpose of this this show is, anyway. I almost have to agree with 2TinyGuy, the show looks much too adult for the audience that would enjoy it the most.

That said, the pictures look like the actors are being photographed between shooting, and wearing coats over their costumes to keep warm.

But this isn't going to be another case where a "White" character is being portrayed as black, is it?

Starfire was actually portrayed in the comics as being Orange Skinned. I'm sure that demographic was offended.

Younger members of the family like the Teen Titans Cartoon, both versions.....the alien Girl in the show.....has nothing in common with the looks of the character on the Teen Titans t.v. show that will be coming out......the t.v. version looks like a 1970s black exploitation movie hooker....

Robin isn't too bad, but the others.....don't quite make the grade...

Titans: Jason Todd is The Key to Not Showing Batman

iu

I thought the others were pretty good. YOu don't want then to not be able to pass as human.

But yes, starfire, does look like hell. They dropped the ball there.

I'm not sure what the purpose of this this show is, anyway. I almost have to agree with 2TinyGuy, the show looks much too adult for the audience that would enjoy it the most.

That said, the pictures look like the actors are being photographed between shooting, and wearing coats over their costumes to keep warm.

But this isn't going to be another case where a "White" character is being portrayed as black, is it?

Starfire was actually portrayed in the comics as being Orange Skinned. I'm sure that demographic was offended.

They covered Zoe Saldana in green paint for Gamora, why not do the same with a character here?

They covered Zoe Saldana in green paint for Gamora, why not do the same with a character here?

1. Tv shows go on and on. Make up like that is a time consuming pain in the ass.

2. Not having her be able to pass for human, would be an enormous issue for plots. Never being able to move about in society without have police and/or military forces descend to deal with a freaking ALIEN.

1. Tv shows go on and on. Make up like that is a time consuming pain in the ass.

2. Not having her be able to pass for human, would be an enormous issue for plots. Never being able to move about in society without have police and/or military forces descend to deal with a freaking ALIEN.

True....but the hooker costume?

Agreed, that is dumb as hell. I think it likely that will fade away pretty soon.

Agreed, that is dumb as hell. I think it likely that will fade away pretty soon.

Yeah...that would be good....but I still think the R-rated version cuts out too many of the audience...imagine how many kids would watch a shot like this with the success of the cartoons.....

DC just can't keep from stepping in it...

Yeah...that would be good....but I still think the R-rated version cuts out too many of the audience...imagine how many kids would watch a shot like this with the success of the cartoons.....

DC just can't keep from stepping in it...

A lot of their tv verse is very dark. THey do seem to be ignoring the potential of family entertainment.

I think they are trying to imitate marvel.

The Flash started out, pretty upbeat and happy. For like half a season.

And don't even get me started on Supergirl.

Forum List

Back