Teen Thrown In Violent New York Prison For Years Without Ever Having Been Convicted

IF he was guilty...but since they dropped it, never charged him etc....that would tell you something wouldnt it?
It tells me that 3 years was the maximum sentence had he been found guilty.

And if he was a bird he coulda just fly out....but neither are true
You don't know that. You don't know what happened.

To me it looks like a plan for a very guilty young man to avoid a conviction that would ruin his life. A plan that his family approved of as the entire bunch could not get $1,000 together in three years.

He was released and never charged. Are we ignoring that?

Because ignoring it would be the only way we would be confused about if he did it or not.

Did you watch the video? They cover that too.

Of course you didnt

You're wrong.

If they set his bond...he was charged. He was never tried. But he was charged. DA just decided to drop the charge.

Notice...ALL info is coming from the defense's side.

I dont buy that his family let him rot 3 years.....instead of a 1000 bail.

Thats ok, its not for sale....its the story

He was never tried because he had already served the maximum sentence under that code. There's no point to a trial.

This was a minor beef. The bail was only $10,000. Bail is more under drunk driving charges. A record is going to last for life. For a minor charge.

What you are ignoring is that the defendant had to personally agree to every continuance over that three year period. All he had to do to bring this case to trial was refuse to sign the waiver of rights and he would be in court ready or not. If the prosecution had a weak case, tough noogies they have to bring what they got. The right to a speedy trial, the right to confront witnesses is the defendant's right and it is absolute. The only one that can give it up is the defendant. He did. He did for three years. Why? What purpose was served by letting the clock run out and ask the DA to dismiss? Whose purpose is served? Not the prosecutor that's for sure.

^^ Yeah thats the normal way it happens but you can see by this case there was nothing normal about it.

I cant understand how you're confused at how he spent 3 years in jail without a conviction AND AT THE SAME TIME believe that everything was done normally or that the normal rules applied too

^^ Yeah thats the normal way it happens but you can see by this case there was nothing normal about it.

I cant understand how you're confused at how he spent 3 years in jail without a conviction AND AT THE SAME TIME believe that everything was done normally or that the normal rules applied too
What happened? Not if happened. What really happened? Other than waiving rights for three years and a family that couldn't raise a thousand bucks in three years.

What happened? Not if happened. What really happened? Other than waiving rights for three years and a family that couldn't raise a thousand bucks in three years.

1 of those things happened for sure...the other is just your assumption

So they either couldnt raise $1000 in 3 years...or just wouldnt. And a dang 8 year old with a lemonade stand could do a $1000 in 3 years easy.

And HIS defense kept delaying the trial. Why?

You are mad at everyone EXCEPT the two people who caused this: His attorney and his family.

His attorney could've forced trial in a month or two tops.
His family could've bonded him out...seemingly very easily. For Christ's sake...welfare pays $1000 a month. Pawn a couple TVs. Pick up a shift at McDonald's. Your son is in a violent prison.

How do you explain those two circumstances?

So they either couldnt raise $1000 in 3 years...or just wouldnt. And a dang 8 year old with a lemonade stand could do a $1000 in 3 years easy.

You are mad at everyone EXCEPT the two people who caused this: His attorney and his family.

His family could've bonded him out...seemingly very easily. For Christ's sake...welfare pays $1000 a month. Pawn a couple TVs. Pick up a shift at McDonald's. Your son is in a violent prison.

None of that was in the story so I'm curious how you know this information

Don't blame his attorney. The defendant has to personally waive that right. He did it himself.

Also...he was in on $10, 000 bond. Bail bondsmen typically charge 10%.

So his attorney and beloved family....let him rot in jail for 3 years instead of rounding up $1, 000 bucks to bail him out??? REALLY?? They let their beloved teenage family member sit in Rikers for 3 years with violence all around him....while his attorney dragged a case out...becauee they couldnt round up $1000 in 3 years!!!?

I wouldnt let my dog sit in the pound for a month for that much money. But a human family member for 3 years in a violent jail!!?? For a grand?
Nah, they were setting up the authority for a damages suit. That is what he was working for, and he will win it.

So his attorney and beloved family....let him rot in jail for 3 years instead of rounding up $1, 000 bucks to bail him out??? REALLY?? They let their beloved teenage family member sit in Rikers for 3 years with violence all around him....while his attorney dragged a case out...becauee they couldnt round up $1000 in 3 years!!!?

I wouldnt let my dog sit in the pound for a month for that much money. But a human family member for 3 years in a violent jail!!?? For a grand?
Nah, they were setting up the authority for a damages suit. That is what he was working for, and he will win it.
Impossible.

Impossible.
Very probable.

Impossible.
Very probable.
Impossible. His signature and initials are on every waiver along with his attorney.

Facebook? Can't read the story, I don't have a Facebook account, however I'd be suspect of a social media outlet handing out news.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We don't know what the charge was. From the amount of bail it wasn't much. Something like shoplifting.

Where were the teens parents?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well...story said they had to celebrate all those holidays and birthdays without him. And guess at all those...they couldnt scrounge up $1000 bucks. To get their loved one out of a violent prison.

I put $5000 on a credit card to save my freakin dogs life. His family wouldnt find a grand for him...for 3 years?

This shit was a money grab by the family from day 2.

Forum List

Back