Teen Thrown In Violent New York Prison For Years Without Ever Having Been Convicted

Also...he was in on $10, 000 bond. Bail bondsmen typically charge 10%.

So his attorney and beloved family....let him rot in jail for 3 years instead of rounding up $1, 000 bucks to bail him out??? REALLY?? They let their beloved teenage family member sit in Rikers for 3 years with violence all around him....while his attorney dragged a case out...becauee they couldnt round up $1000 in 3 years!!!?

I wouldnt let my dog sit in the pound for a month for that much money. But a human family member for 3 years in a violent jail!!?? For a grand?

A thousand dollars is a lot of money for some people. I don't judge them for that.

And no, it wasn't the fault of his "lawyer", I doubt he even had one to begin with. If they couldn't pay a thousand for bail, they sure as hell couldn't afford a lawyer.

Every time myself or one of my friends goes to jail, you go to court within days or a few weeks, maybe a month if you post bail. BUT THREE YEARS?

WTF

The defendant has a right to a speedy trial. Every time a date is continued the defendant and the attorney for defendant has to sign a waiver of rights giving up the right to a speedy trial and agreeing to the new date. That's why a lawsuit for the delay isn't possible.

That would only be $100 if through a bondsman.
Ok. So he is in jail awaiting trial because he couldn't make bail?

This is a story...why?

Because it took 3 years. Not really interested in the rest of your crap if you fail to see why this is a problem

Thats his lawyers fault. Prosecutors ALWAYS want to go to trial quickly because witnesses die or memory fades, cops retire or transfer. Defense attorneys drag cases out. His attorney likely believed the state had a weak case...and dragged it out. Sounds like their case was kinda weak. He shoulda gone to trial and won easily.

Yeah...it sucks. His attorney is to blame on this one.

Thats funny...Thanks for the ha ha's

No its not funny. You're right...3 years for trial is insanity. But typically its the defense that delays trial.

But...the family let him sit in a violent jail for 3 years because they couldnt round up 1000 $ for the 10% bail to get him out??? Thats less than an xbox and ipad.

Yeah weird how people dont just have butt loads of money laying around and stuff :rolleyes:

The defendant has a right to a speedy trial. Every time a date is continued the defendant and the attorney for defendant has to sign a waiver of rights giving up the right to a speedy trial and agreeing to the new date. That's why a lawsuit for the delay isn't possible.

Thats right. His lawyer chose to drag it out. And his family chose not to scrounge up a thousand bucks...over THREE YEARS...to get their teenager out of a violent jail.

At this point..hes lucky the DA showed mercy and just dropped the charges.

I mean I dont have a spare thousand bucks off hand.

But if my family member was in a violent jail??? And a grand gets him out?

Give plasma. Pawn some stuff. Pick up a side job.

He talked about missing all those holidays and birthdays for his big family. And they all gathered and ate and drank and traded gifts.......but couldnt round up 1000 bucks...over 3 years....to get him out. Wow.

Thats right. His lawyer chose to drag it out. And his family chose not to scrounge up a thousand bucks...over THREE YEARS...to get their teenager out of a violent jail.

Or he has already been in jail long enough to serve the sentence for whatever the charge was.

This isn't all bad. There was no conviction so the guy has a clean record.

Or he has already been in jail long enough to serve the sentence for whatever the charge was.

Way to find the joy of a peanut in a shit sandwich

If he was guilty and knew it it's a win all the way around. He served the same sentence he would have gotten had he been convicted. Since he wasn't convicted he has no priors and no strikes. No record. No rap sheet. He's more of a free man than if he went through the system.

What you don't know is whether this was the way it was supposed to go all along.

If he was guilty and knew it it's a win all the way around. He served the same sentence he would have gotten had he been convicted. Since he wasn't convicted he has no priors and no strikes. No record. No rap sheet. He's more of a free man than if he went through the system.

What you don't know is whether this was the way it was supposed to go all along.

IF he was guilty...but since they dropped it, never charged him etc....that would tell you something wouldnt it?

IF he was guilty...but since they dropped it, never charged him etc....that would tell you something wouldnt it?
It tells me that 3 years was the maximum sentence had he been found guilty.

And if he was a bird he coulda just fly out....but neither are true

You don't know that. You don't know what happened.

To me it looks like a plan for a very guilty young man to avoid a conviction that would ruin his life. A plan that his family approved of as the entire bunch could not get $1,000 together in three years.

To me it looks like a plan for a very guilty young man to avoid a conviction that would ruin his life. A plan that his family approved of as the entire bunch could not get $1,000 together in three years.

He was released and never charged. Are we ignoring that?

Because ignoring it would be the only way we would be confused about if he did it or not.

Did you watch the video? They cover that too.

Of course you didnt

He was released and never charged. Are we ignoring that?

Because ignoring it would be the only way we would be confused about if he did it or not.

Did you watch the video? They cover that too.

Of course you didnt

You're wrong.

If they set his bond...he was charged. He was never tried. But he was charged. DA just decided to drop the charge.

Notice...ALL info is coming from the defense's side.

I dont buy that his family let him rot 3 years.....instead of a 1000 bail.

Forum List

Back