Teen pregnancy rate up after 10-year decline

The evidence is that sex ed taught without encouraging abstinence is every bit as big a failure as teaching abstinence only.

I wonder if its occurred to anyone: Teenagers are Stupid?

This is why throughout most of human history, they have never been allowed in the same ROOM with the opposite sex without adult supervision.

I don't think they're stupid, just a lot more trusting. And they tend to believe Planned Parenthood (sadly)

Why do you keep bringing up Planned Parenthood in a thread about abstinance only taught in schools doesn't work?

Why is birth control bad?

A child is alive at the point of conception,

False.

A cluster of cells is alive at the point of conception. The cluster of cells MIGHT turn into a child after 9 months, but it's not a child when it's a cluster of cells.

Birth Control prevents Abortions. Just about everyone can admit at this point that abstinence-only programs fail and fail hard.

So think about what you'd rather see. Teenagers acting safe and using things to not only prevent pregnancies but diseases or teenagers getting abortions?

And as much as I'm sure some of us rather see neither, but that's not facing the reality of the situation.

Republicans understand that too many "strays" have been fed and now they are "breeding" like crazy. Oh those Red states. Starve 'em, they'll stop "breeding", like "Tribbles".

Was I speaking for those who have?

Immie
You speak like they don't known what they are doing, and pretty much are stupid. And also like they are weak. Deciding to have an abortion is not easy, and most are not caving.

Sorry, that is not what I meant.

As I just said, I am well on my way to being drunk.

Let me try this again... society has desensitized us to abortion. Society makes it seem like abortion is nothing more than having a tooth pulled. When a woman is faced with a crisis pregnancy and scared to death, it is damned easy... too damned easy... to convince her that it is easy to accept the word of Planned Parenthood.

I didn't say they didn't know what they were doing, but society tells them that it doesn't matter.

Immie

It is cool, but I will say Planned Parenthood gives each girl counceling on what this will mean for them, other options, and what will happen. And I know this not what you meant, but abortions are not a walk in the park. When you have an abortion you have to have at least two appointments if not three.

I don't think hispanics are the problem in states like Mississippi. Alabama and Tennessee have pretty high teen pregnancy rates as well, if I remember correctly.

Teach them biological aspect of sex and pregnance. Then let them and their parents make the decision on what's "moral" and "right".

Check the stats and you'll find the Hispanic immigration to the south exploded between 1995 and 2005.

Rise, Peak and Decline: Trends in U.S. Immigration 1992 – 2004 - Pew Hispanic Center

You'll have to take it that one step further to keep from looking racist and give us the stats on Hispanic teen pregnancy.

Always looking for racists. Some people are just fucking tiresome. You know.. sometimes things are just what they are. Pointing out facts isn't racist. Put your little card back in it's deck.

HispanicTips Hispanic Birth Rate Booms In Tennessee

tribbles.jpg

Listen to Republicans - Don't feed 'em.

Republicans understand that too many "strays" have been fed and now they are "breeding" like crazy. Oh those Red states. Starve 'em, they'll stop "breeding", like "Tribbles".

OMG can you believe that Republican said that about poor children?

Another instance of love the fetus / hate the baby Republicanism.

It is cool, but I will say Planned Parenthood gives each girl counceling on what this will mean for them, other options, and what will happen. And I know this not what you meant, but abortions are not a walk in the park. When you have an abortion you have to have at least two appointments if not three.

Exactly, it's not like they're some evil abortion factory just waiting for the batch of people or something. :eusa_eh:

Check the stats and you'll find the Hispanic immigration to the south exploded between 1995 and 2005.

Rise, Peak and Decline: Trends in U.S. Immigration 1992 – 2004 - Pew Hispanic Center

You'll have to take it that one step further to keep from looking racist and give us the stats on Hispanic teen pregnancy.

Always looking for racists. Some people are just fucking tiresome. You know.. sometimes things are just what they are. Pointing out facts isn't racist. Put your little card back in it's deck.

And pregnancy is up 1.6% in white teenagers, while only up 1.4% in hispanics. :D

You speak like they don't known what they are doing, and pretty much are stupid. And also like they are weak. Deciding to have an abortion is not easy, and most are not caving.

Let me try this again... society has desensitized us to abortion. Society makes it seem like abortion is nothing more than having a tooth pulled. When a woman is faced with a crisis pregnancy and scared to death, it is damned easy... too damned easy... to convince her that it is easy to accept the word of Planned Parenthood.

I didn't say they didn't know what they were doing, but society tells them that it doesn't matter.

Immie

Well, that would make a difference if they advised the woman to go see someone that would really tell them what was going to happen and what was really going on inside their bodies rather than the "take two aspirins and call me in the morning" kind of medicine.

Simply telling them to make an appointment and keep it is not like advising them to "think about it".

Immie

Try again. We're talking about TEEN pregnancy. Not just Hispanic birth rates.

If you don't want to look like a racist, don't post racist stuff. Your choice.

Give us the stats on Hispanic TEEN pregnancy.

And pregnancy is up 1.6% in white teenagers, while only up 1.4% in hispanics. :D

Where is that stat from? Can you link it please?

define racist stuff,, racist expert.. go ahead whydoncha???

yep,, they got a couple of cards to play with every hand dealt,, the race card and the victim card.. yep.

Immie

Well, that would make a difference if they advised the woman to go see someone that would really tell them what was going to happen and what was really going on inside their bodies rather than the "take two aspirins and call me in the morning" kind of medicine.

Simply telling them to make an appointment and keep it is not like advising them to "think about it".

Immie

I will say it for a third time now, and I will cut you some slack because you are drinking. They do not just make an appointment and tell them to think about it, you have to go through counceling, first when you come in to take the pregnancy test and tell them your decision, and either the appointment where they give you the ultra sound, or the day you have the abortion. They also don't give you any pain killers, they only give you antibiotics and send you home with a prescription for birth control, what you need to do if you conditions worsen, and numbers for councelors. They don't take it lightly, and one should really maybe see what they do before judging them.

yep,, they got a couple of cards to play with every hand dealt,, the race card and the victim card.. yep.

Willow, did you check out my thread to you? :D

Well Dumbass, go read the link and it will TELL you about teen pregnancy rates in Tennessee.

Forum List

Back