Teen Charged for Encouraging Friend to Commit Suicide

Nutz

Gold Member
Feb 27, 2014
Maybe the next time you people tell someone to kill themselves...you might think twice.

Teen charged after cops say she encouraged friend to kill himself New York s PIX11 WPIX-TV

PLAINVILLE, Mass. (PIX11) – A Massachusetts high school student has been charged with first-degree involuntary manslaughter after cops say she encouraged her friend to commit suicide — then raised money for mental illness awareness in his honor.

Authorities say Michelle Carter, an 18-year-old senior at King Philip Regional High School, urged her friend Conrad Roy III, also 18, to take his own life. Roy sat in an idling truck in July of 2014, succumbing to carbon monoxide poisoning. In the police report obtained by The Sun Chronicle, investigators went through Roy’s cellphone and found texts from Carter.

Maybe the next time you people tell someone to kill themselves...you might think twice.

Teen charged after cops say she encouraged friend to kill himself New York s PIX11 WPIX-TV

PLAINVILLE, Mass. (PIX11) – A Massachusetts high school student has been charged with first-degree involuntary manslaughter after cops say she encouraged her friend to commit suicide — then raised money for mental illness awareness in his honor.

Authorities say Michelle Carter, an 18-year-old senior at King Philip Regional High School, urged her friend Conrad Roy III, also 18, to take his own life. Roy sat in an idling truck in July of 2014, succumbing to carbon monoxide poisoning. In the police report obtained by The Sun Chronicle, investigators went through Roy’s cellphone and found texts from Carter.
I try to totally avoid the posters I think really are suicidal.

• Banned

I try to totally avoid the posters I think really are suicidal.
Same here...I don't want that on my conscience. Not sure if it is a criminal offense, but anyone with a moral compass would be devastated.

I doubt they'll get a conviction but that's pretty cold. Nudge a guy into suicide and make some money on it. I've dated gals like that.

• Banned
I doubt they'll get a conviction but that's pretty cold. Nudge a guy into suicide and make some money on it. I've dated gals like that.
The kid even got out of the car and she convinced him to get back in. WTF???

long ago-----an acquaintance told me that her brother was jailed. His crime had
been -----his wife complained that she felt like killing herself----so he handed
her a pistol. -----and she did it. He ended up in jail. I do not know the length of
the sentence-----very casual acquaintance

^^^ To me, that man was sent to the right place. He may as well have just blown his wife away himself.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. To me, people who encourage such things make themselves an accomplice.

^^^ To me, that man was sent to the right place. He may as well have just blown his wife away himself.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. To me, people who encourage such things make themselves an accomplice.

no----there were many witnesses ---it happened at home---the gun
was right there------she was depressed-----he handed it to her.-----not at all
nice of him

Is it a crime to encourage suicide Unusual Massachusetts case of teens Conrad Roy and Michelle Carter - CBS News

If a student were to take advantage of an autistic or retarded person, and make them eat or drink something that caused their death, that could be charged as abusing a disabled person or involuntary manslaughter as the police were seeking here. I agree that this case could be treated as abusing a disabled person, and the resulting death was involuntary or negligence.

However, given the girl's age, I agree the charges are too severe, and this girl is neither knowledgeable enough or developed enough to understand the implications and professional responsibilities in counseling a depressed person with suicidal thoughts.

Most professional counselors don't even understand the full process of spiritual healing and recovery, and what is needed to protect someone from themselves.

If you are not suing and charging counselors for negligence and malpractice in cases of failures, how is it fair to go after an amateur student, who may have been trying to use reverse psychology to keep him on the phone, as who knows what she was trying to do?

If she was really taking advantage of a depressed person in a high risk state, that is wrong,
negligent if not malicious, and I can understand the involuntary manslaughter.

But given her age, I would recommend a corrective program and community service to make
sure all the students and community affected have a safe agreed process to address and refer at risk cases. They should all be educated and set up trained professional counseling and assistance, so this doesn't happen again. It is sad that a life was lost over this, but if proper education and counseling is made available, maybe it will lead in saving more lives in the future.

No shit, dumbass. Any more advice you want to give ? Don't drink bleach ? Don't put you electrical cord radio in the bathtub ? Don't light a matchwhen puring gasoline ? You're so helpful.

No shit, dumbass. Any more advice you want to give ? Don't drink bleach ? Don't put you electrical cord radio in the bathtub ? Don't light a matchwhen puring gasoline ? You're so helpful.
:lol: You are so pathetic...you had to bump an old thread. :rofl:

Change your knickers, sweetie.

Possibly the worst person in the world

When her boyfriend said he was having second thoughts about killing himself, she told him to get back in the truck

I hope LE and the Judicial system make her life hell even if she doesn't get convicted. Let it last years and have her sit in jail wondering if she's going to serve serious time with criminals.

Telling someone to kill themselves is pretty awful, but Nutz, you really should kill yourself.

Forum List

Back