Ted Kennedy dies.

Sorry for his family's loss

Irregardless of whether I liked his left wing politics... Irregardless on whether or not I think he did many horrible things in his life... I don't wish any family to go thru a loss for a terrible disease like Cancer...

Hopefully he made his peace with his maker and within his family before his passing...

It is no secret that I have never been a fan of the man. May he rest in peace. I pray for peace and comfort for his family left here at this time.

Immie

just seeing on it on television.

I'm a Local Yokal here down on Cape Cod and this place is buzzing over it.

Full Disclosure I disliked Edward Kennedy's policies and positions most of the time. However I have a lot of respect for him as he was one of the few senators that actually do their job. He actually advocated for our state and his constituants very effectively unlike the majority of dingbats in congress.

Glad he's not my senator anymore but not glad its because he died.

EDIT: RAVI His wife will be appointed to his seat and she will vote yes, no worries for your side on that one ;).

just seeing on it on television.

I'm a Local Yokal here down on Cape Cod and this place is buzzing over it.

Full Disclosure I disliked Edward Kennedy's policies and positions most of the time. However I have a lot of respect for him as he was one of the few senators that actually do their job. He actually advocated for our state and his constituants very effectively unlike the majority of dingbats in congress.

Glad he's not my senator anymore but not glad its because he died.

EDIT: RAVI His wife will be appointed to his seat and she will vote yes, no worries for your side on that one ;).

Really did they change the law back? Remember when they changed it to a special election? No one is getting appointed to anything in that State.

That wasn't my concern. He was very focused on providing health care for all Americans and I'm sorry he died before he got to vote on the issue personally.

That wasn't my concern. He was very focused on providing health care for all Americans and I'm sorry he died before he got to vote on the issue personally.

OH i get it, i understand that.

He was a beast of a senator, one of the few who actually did their job...even if i wish he was advocating other things ;).

Won't need the 60 votes. They will go with reconciliation like the right did.:clap2:

His death will be a rallying point for health care reform.

He was a beast of a senator, one of the few who actually did their job...even if i wish he was advocating other things ;).

Once again I ask, did the sleaze balls in Your State change the law back from 2004 when they removed the right of a Republican Governor to appoint to a special election? If not then your Governor will NOT be appointing anyone to his seat.

Thank you for your service to the country

900 threads about glen Beck and only one about Kenendy is allowed?

Last edited:

Once again I ask, did the sleaze balls in Your State change the law back from 2004 when they removed the right of a Republican Governor to appoint to a special election? If not then your Governor will NOT be appointing anyone to his seat.

THey have not changed it back yet but they are putting up legislation as we type. There is only one republican legislator and he is actually for giving that authority to the governor. He was against taking it away back in 2004 so at least he is consistent, unlike my dems in the legislature who took it away but now want to give it back.

We shall see.

I'm sorry the man died.

I'm happy that us Massachusetts residents will finally be able to elect a new Senator soon.

And do you think the new senator will think much like Kennedy?

The people of the area loved Kennedy.

I dunno how the new senator will think but I think it's a safe assumption that we'll elect another liberal democrat.

We will appoint his wife for the interm, then she will get to run for office and will have a good chance to win.

The local yokels here can't find anything in the MA constitution barring anyone appointed from running for the seat after. According to wickedlocal.com and the talk radio people.

Forum List

Back