ted cruz Signs Up For Obamacare

The rightwing nitwits subscribing to this thread are in full deflection mode.

irony-meter.jpg

Clause 3: Record of proceedings
Each House shall keep a Journal of its Proceedings, and from time to time publish the same, excepting such Parts as may in their Judgment require Secrecy; and the Yeas and Nays of the Members of either House on any question shall, at the desire of one fifth of those present, be entered on the Journal.

Each House must keep and publish a Journal, though it may choose to keep any part of the Journal secret. The decisions of the House—not the words spoken during debates—are recorded in the Journal; if one-fifth of those present (assuming a quorum is present) request it, the votes of the members on a particular question must also be entered.

:p I meant section two.

Clause 2: Rules
Each House may determine the Rules of its Proceedings, punish its Members for disorderly Behavior, and, with the Concurrence of two thirds, expel a member.

Each House can determine its own Rules (assuming a quorum is present), and may punish any of its members. A two-thirds vote is necessary to expel a member. Section 5, Clause 2 does not provide specific guidance to each House regarding when and how each House may change its rules, leaving details to the respective chambers.

I find this very funny.

A man who has spent the last few years telling America how bad Obamacare is and how he wants to end it is now signing up for Obamacare.

Is he now going to work to kick himself and his family off their health insurance?

Ted Cruz going on Obamacare - CNN.com

It's a pretty weak implication that is refuted by the very citation offered in hopes of sustaining it.

LOL! Children and Fools...

From the Article:

"We'll be getting new health insurance and we'll presumably do it through my job with the Senate, and so we'll be on the federal exchange with millions of others on the federal exchange," Cruz said.

Asked whether he would accept the government contribution available to lawmakers and congressional staffers for their health care coverage through the ACA, Cruz said he will "follow the text of the law."

"I strongly oppose the exemption that President Obama illegally put in place for members of Congress because (Senate Minority Leader) Harry Reid and the Senate Democrats didn't want to be under the same rules as the American people," Cruz said, before repeating: "I believe we should follow the text of the law."

Under the Affordable Care Act, members of Congress and some designated congressional staffers are required to obtain health care coverage through the D.C. Health Link Small Business Market. The Office of Personnel Management's guidelines state that lawmakers and their staff receive a "government contribution" if they get health care coverage through the ACA.

But some lawmakers have declined to accept the contribution, saying they do not want to get special treatment. After the interview, a Cruz spokesperson clarified that he wouldn't take the contribution."

Oh THAT is funny.

He even admits to being a welfare queen.

And apparently, he did not know that he was already getting tax-funded insurance that was already very similar to ObamaCare.

So which is it?

Is he going to repeal it or use it to protect his own family.

I find this very funny.

A man who has spent the last few years telling America how bad Obamacare is and how he wants to end it is now signing up for Obamacare.

Is he now going to work to kick himself and his family off their health insurance?

Ted Cruz going on Obamacare - CNN.com

{"I strongly oppose the exemption that President Obama illegally put in place for members of Congress because (Senate Minority Leader) Harry Reid and the Senate Democrats didn't want to be under the same rules as the American people," Cruz said, before repeating: "I believe we should follow the text of the law."}

OOPS - another assclown lying their commie ass off...

I mean, I really meant it when I said that this is just totally surreal.

Here we have the man who was willing to use his sway to make sure that the government was shut down in 2013, a man who has called repeatedly for repealing Obamacare, who then, just one day after announcing his presidential bid and essentially promising to totally repeal Obamacare, admits that he just ENROLLED in Obamacare.

You just can't make this shit up.

I can imagine a lot of Tee Pottiers who are in need of Tums today....

And I give it less than 10 days before Cruz totally tanks in all polling.

{"I strongly oppose the exemption that President Obama illegally put in place for members of Congress because (Senate Minority Leader) Harry Reid and the Senate Democrats didn't want to be under the same rules as the American people," Cruz said, before repeating: "I believe we should follow the text of the law."}

rulings%2Ftom-pantsonfire.gif

Did members of Congress exempt themselves from complying with the health care reform laws PolitiFact Ohio
Political scientist Norman Ornstein, a long-time observer of Congress and a resident scholar at the American Enterprise Institute for Public Policy Research, debunked the claim of congressional exemption in a piece he wrote for the Washington newspaper Roll Call.

"On the assertion that Members of Congress are exempt from the provisions of the Affordable Care Act: also false," he wrote. "Members of Congress are subject under the health care reform law to the same mandate that others are to purchase insurance, and their plans must have the same minimum standards of benefits that other insurance plans will have to meet. Members of Congress currently have not a gold-plated free plan but the same insurance options that most other federal employees have, and they do not have it provided for free. They have a generous subsidy for their premiums, but no more generous (and compared to many businesses or professions less generous) than standard employer-provided subsidies throughout the country."

I mean, I really meant it when I said that this is just totally surreal.

Here we have the man who was willing to use his sway to make sure that the government was shut down in 2013, a man who has called repeatedly for repealing Obamacare, who then, just one day after announcing his presidential bid and essentially promising to totally repeal Obamacare, admits that he just ENROLLED in Obamacare.

You just can't make this shit up.

I can imagine a lot of Tee Pottiers who are in need of Tums today....

And I give it less than 10 days before Cruz totally tanks in all polling.

You're really not too bright are you? or maybe you're just playing stupid?. Ted Cruz signed up out of the principal that if "regular" Americans must sign up why should politicians get special privileges and not have to? Maybe he should have taken the Harry Reid subsidy

Did members of Congress exempt themselves from complying with the health care reform laws PolitiFact Ohio
Political scientist Norman Ornstein, a long-time observer of Congress and a resident scholar at the American Enterprise Institute for Public Policy Research, debunked the claim of congressional exemption in a piece he wrote for the Washington newspaper Roll Call.

"On the assertion that Members of Congress are exempt from the provisions of the Affordable Care Act: also false," he wrote. "Members of Congress are subject under the health care reform law to the same mandate that others are to purchase insurance, and their plans must have the same minimum standards of benefits that other insurance plans will have to meet. Members of Congress currently have not a gold-plated free plan but the same insurance options that most other federal employees have, and they do not have it provided for free. They have a generous subsidy for their premiums, but no more generous (and compared to many businesses or professions less generous) than standard employer-provided subsidies throughout the country."

Holy fuck but you're stupid - even for a Communist.

You don't even read the shit you post, do you?

I think it is just short sighted and really isn't a plan. I love the family and many social issues that he may agree with but his economic ideas are foolish.

We need taxes and we need at least some government to maintain our quality of life. Corporations can't be trusted to go unregulated.

ted cruz Signs Up For Obamacare

Ted Cruz obeyed the law??? Say it ain't so!

I can see where liberals would be astonished by someone doing that.

Forum List

Back