Teaper Racism

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's another issue here that's sensitive to me. I've spent 15 years pushing for 3rd party politics. THAT is my interest in the Tea Party.. And I know how fledgling party movements are targets for hostile intrusion by extreme groups.. In fact -- Ron Paul, who I've worked for many times, has been a big target for anti-semitic accusations because he's one of the ONLY US politicians who's consistent on Foreign Policy and has repeatedly stated the US needs to back off UNCONDITIONAL support to Israel.. Honey attracts flies. And I know he got many votes from anti-semites, muslims, and leftists who harbor grudges against Israel.

YET --- It is NOT ENCUMBENT on a political party to change it's principled messages because they MIGHT ATTRACT unsavory support.. Could Barack Obama AVOID an endorsement by the American Communist Party?? Doubt it.. Did it HURT HIM? Shouldn't have.

So there are some "grown-up" realities attached to your "feelings" about the Tea Party being racist. And you best be consistent if someone showed you support within the DEMOCRAT party for that Black Panther Party you mentioned in your OP.. Ya think THEY vote Republican???

The "racist" card is used far too much these days. And besides lets get real, you and I know it's just used to shut Whitey up.

Homework: Go to YouTube and search "James Manning", watch his videos then come back.

Well are you a communist or a teaper? But as for the race card...sometimes it is just racism. The Teaper movement has a lot of racist qualities and cannot be trusted. This is no race card. It is my view of the Tea Party and its members. Yeah, people use the race card a lot...these days, we see a lot of whites using it for their failures. But I have nothing to gain from this race card on a discussion forum. I would just like to sea the Tea Party gone, it is destroying true conservatism and the GOP in the name of hate.

See that bolded part above Nutz?? In your OP -- part of your flimsy evidence was from threads culled on USMB.. Now I know -- that you have MANY posters of being "Teapers".. SOme of them I know quite well. In fact -- lately seems like any conservative/liberatarian you don't agree with --- Is a racist "teaper".. So I wasn't surprised that those USMB links supplied were just pointing to posts by SunniMan (surely a racist teaper -- no doubt) and had NO EVIDENCE of any teaper/racist connection.. Am I a TEAPER -- Sen McCarthy?

Similarly, the major source of your HuffPo link is an actual thread from Stormfront.. Which I totally ignored the content of as any rational being should. What white supremists fantasize about in their own living rooms -- should STAY in their living rooms and is NOT evidence of a Tea Party -- racist connection..

You're gonna have to do much better to overcome reality here. The reality being that Thomas Sowell, Herman Cain, Alan West and host of other prominent BLACK Tea Party supporters pack them in and get them cheering. In fact, Thomas Sowell and Walter Williams are probably the heart and soul of Tea Party inspiration...

So to do better --- You've got to name names. And places.. And sources that are NOT based on Stormfront or obscure USMB links.. M'Kay???

All I did was post links to the first few comments in the Race Relations thread. There are many, many more examples, all you have to do is look. As you said yourself in another thread, most of them are moved to the flame zone. I was just being fair. Of course, the racist comments are ignored and many times thanked by your fellow teapers.

Naturally, you ignored the link to Stormfront...racists talking about how they use Teaper events to recruit isn't relevant, right?

The reality is that you guys claim the black Teapers...but as soon as they say something you disagree with, you will turn on them. In the same respect, these men existed well before the Tea Party movement. There platform has not changed in one way. And, no, they are NOT the heart and soul of the Tea Party movement. Hell, most teapers probably don't even know who Sowell or Cain are....let alone Ben Carson.

And as I mentioned, anecdotal evidence. The Teaper leaders are going to openly spew their racist nonsense if they want to become mainstream, would they?

The "racist" card is used far too much these days. And besides lets get real, you and I know it's just used to shut Whitey up.

Homework: Go to YouTube and search "James Manning", watch his videos then come back.

Well are you a communist or a teaper? But as for the race card...sometimes it is just racism. The Teaper movement has a lot of racist qualities and cannot be trusted. This is no race card. It is my view of the Tea Party and its members. Yeah, people use the race card a lot...these days, we see a lot of whites using it for their failures. But I have nothing to gain from this race card on a discussion forum. I would just like to sea the Tea Party gone, it is destroying true conservatism and the GOP in the name of hate.

See that bolded part above Nutz?? In your OP -- part of your flimsy evidence was from threads culled on USMB.. Now I know -- that you have MANY posters of being "Teapers".. SOme of them I know quite well. In fact -- lately seems like any conservative/liberatarian you don't agree with --- Is a racist "teaper".. So I wasn't surprised that those USMB links supplied were just pointing to posts by SunniMan (surely a racist teaper -- no doubt) and had NO EVIDENCE of any teaper/racist connection.. Am I a TEAPER -- Sen McCarthy?

Similarly, the major source of your HuffPo link is an actual thread from Stormfront.. Which I totally ignored the content of as any rational being should. What white supremists fantasize about in their own living rooms -- should STAY in their living rooms and is NOT evidence of a Tea Party -- racist connection..

You're gonna have to do much better to overcome reality here. The reality being that Thomas Sowell, Herman Cain, Alan West and host of other prominent BLACK Tea Party supporters pack them in and get them cheering. In fact, Thomas Sowell and Walter Williams are probably the heart and soul of Tea Party inspiration...

So to do better --- You've got to name names. And places.. And sources that are NOT based on Stormfront or obscure USMB links.. M'Kay???
unsubscribe

Cite me anything in the Tea Party platform that is racist. If you can't you are simply spouting speculative and cherry picked anomalies.

Cite me something racist from the Nazi Platform while they were trying to come into power (no I am not comparing Nazi's to Teapers). Cite me something racist from the Democratic Party Platform....they, as I said earlier, are inherently racist towards blacks. Do you think racism is advertised? Maybe by the KKK, but hell, if you read some of their material you won't see much when it comes to overt racism, will you?

No you won't----It's all a little figment in your own dream world. Cite some hard evidence or yield.

No I won't, what? I already stated, there is no smoking gun...the anecdotal evidence is enough. Have YOU condemned racism in the Teaper movement or are you one of those that make racial jokes, post racist pictures, and thank the racist part of your movement. Do you deny their are racists in your movement?

BTW, what kind of hard evidence do you want?

All I did was post links to the first few comments in the Race Relations thread. There are many, many more examples, all you have to do is look. As you said yourself in another thread, most of them are moved to the flame zone. I was just being fair. Of course, the racist comments are ignored and many times thanked by your fellow teapers.

Naturally, you ignored the link to Stormfront...racists talking about how they use Teaper events to recruit isn't relevant, right?

The reality is that you guys claim the black Teapers...but as soon as they say something you disagree with, you will turn on them. In the same respect, these men existed well before the Tea Party movement. There platform has not changed in one way. And, no, they are NOT the heart and soul of the Tea Party movement. Hell, most teapers probably don't even know who Sowell or Cain are....let alone Ben Carson.

And as I mentioned, anecdotal evidence. The Teaper leaders are going to openly spew their racist nonsense if they want to become mainstream, would they?

Enough with the back peddling. I think people have had enough of you folks dragging out terms like racist, xenophobe, homophobe , misogynist etc. when you can't counter a movement that threatens yours. Get creative and provide some hard core proof.

There's another issue here that's sensitive to me. I've spent 15 years pushing for 3rd party politics. THAT is my interest in the Tea Party.. And I know how fledgling party movements are targets for hostile intrusion by extreme groups.. In fact -- Ron Paul, who I've worked for many times, has been a big target for anti-semitic accusations because he's one of the ONLY US politicians who's consistent on Foreign Policy and has repeatedly stated the US needs to back off UNCONDITIONAL support to Israel.. Honey attracts flies. And I know he got many votes from anti-semites, muslims, and leftists who harbor grudges against Israel.

YET --- It is NOT ENCUMBENT on a political party to change it's principled messages because they MIGHT ATTRACT unsavory support.. Could Barack Obama AVOID an endorsement by the American Communist Party?? Doubt it.. Did it HURT HIM? Shouldn't have.

So there are some "grown-up" realities attached to your "feelings" about the Tea Party being racist. And you best be consistent if someone showed you support within the DEMOCRAT party for that Black Panther Party you mentioned in your OP.. Ya think THEY vote Republican???

No one is asking the tea party to change their principled message. As I stated before, I agree with most of the Tea Party platform. What I don't agree with is the racism in the Tea Party.

You ask if the Tea Party could avoid attracting racists...YES, they can. They can tell people to take down their racist signs, they could stop racist groups from recruiting at their events. FOllowers could condemn racist remarks and comments...Yes, a lot could be done. Yes, the tea party could say, I don't want your endorsement. They could return donations from racist groups. There is a lot the Tea pArty could do...but the DO NOT!

As for the Black Panthers in the democratic party, I would hope democrats condemn them as well. Are the black panthers as popular and do they have nearly as much of a following as the Tea Party?

Do you think the Democrats should condemn the Black Panthers? If so, why the double standard? Why don't you believe the Teapers should condemn racism in their party?

Cite me something racist from the Nazi Platform while they were trying to come into power (no I am not comparing Nazi's to Teapers). Cite me something racist from the Democratic Party Platform....they, as I said earlier, are inherently racist towards blacks. Do you think racism is advertised? Maybe by the KKK, but hell, if you read some of their material you won't see much when it comes to overt racism, will you?

No you won't----It's all a little figment in your own dream world. Cite some hard evidence or yield.

No I won't, what? I already stated, there is no smoking gun...the anecdotal evidence is enough. Have YOU condemned racism in the Teaper movement or are you one of those that make racial jokes, post racist pictures, and thank the racist part of your movement. Do you deny their are racists in your movement?

No, it is not. Anecdotal evidence is not hard evidence. Geesh!

picard-facepalm.gif

Enough with the back peddling. I think people have had enough of you folks dragging out terms like racist, xenophobe, homophobe , misogynist etc. when you can't counter a movement that threatens yours. Get creative and provide some hard core proof.

What backpeddling? Do you believe there is no racism in the Tea Party? What proof would be sufficient for you that there is a racist element in the Tea Party?

Like everyone else has stated, I too am thoroughly unimpressed with your so called evidence that you color an entire grassroots with. I've been to several Tea Party events and have yet to see anyone remotely racist, signs with racists remarks, etc.. I'm still waiting for anyone to provide absolutely positive proof that the entire Tea Party is racist.

No one is asking the tea party to change their principled message. As I stated before, I agree with most of the Tea Party platform. What I don't agree with is the racism in the Tea Party.

You ask if the Tea Party could avoid attracting racists...YES, they can. They can tell people to take down their racist signs, they could stop racist groups from recruiting at their events. FOllowers could condemn racist remarks and comments...Yes, a lot could be done. Yes, the tea party could say, I don't want your endorsement. They could return donations from racist groups. There is a lot the Tea pArty could do...but the DO NOT!

As for the Black Panthers in the democratic party, I would hope democrats condemn them as well. Are the black panthers as popular and do they have nearly as much of a following as the Tea Party?

Do you think the Democrats should condemn the Black Panthers? If so, why the double standard? Why don't you believe the Teapers should condemn racism in their party?

Just say you hate racists and be done with it----this might be a great time to remind everyone how you feel about Germans.

I have the distinct feeling I'm being ignored now. Did I hit too hard?

You think WAY to much of yourself. Perhaps your comments have not been compelling enough to respond to. Perhaps I didn't see your post. Perhaps my opinion of you is pretty low that you are the last person I choose to respond to.

You really underestimate how deeply held the Tea Party principles are held.. The concept of streamlined, Constitutional government is the core of the party. Sowell, Williams and others are the INSPIRATION for the movement. And Cain and West and Carson ARE STILL actively engaged and endorsing. NONE of these cats is stupid tool...

Exactly HOW would a Conservative movement "TURN" on Williams who's one of Rush's fill-ins? Or Cain -- who now has his own syndicated NATIONAL radio show with conservative audiences from every corner of the country. Couldn't happen..

More "teapers" know who Ben Carson is than blacks in general do. FARRRRR more..
Get focused and bring me some evidence..

picard-facepalm.gif

Where did I say anecdotal evidence is hard evidence. Please be specific. Until then, hush up, adults are talking.

I have the distinct feeling I'm being ignored now. Did I hit too hard?

You think WAY to much of yourself. Perhaps your comments have not been compelling enough to respond to. Perhaps I didn't see your post. Perhaps my opinion of you is pretty low that you are the last person I choose to respond to.

That is absurd. Perhaps you have been unable to refute my argument. Perhaps your tail is tucked between your legs. You know it, I know it.

Perhaps you simply ran out of legs to stand on. DO NOT insult my intelligence.

Like everyone else has stated, I too am thoroughly unimpressed with your so called evidence that you color an entire grassroots with. I've been to several Tea Party events and have yet to see anyone remotely racist, signs with racists remarks, etc.. I'm still waiting for anyone to provide absolutely positive proof that the entire Tea Party is racist.

Again, I never said the entire Tea Party movement is racist. I did say there is anecdotal evidence that there is a racist element in the Tea Party and the silence of Teapers makes the entire movement suspect. Do you agree there is a racist element in the tea party...or do you think all of the racist signs, racist organizers and racist comments were magically created by the liberal media?

picard-facepalm.gif

Where did I say anecdotal evidence is hard evidence. Please be specific. Until then, hush up, adults are talking.

Sigh.

"Anecdotal evidence is enough"

And your ad hominem is showing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back