Tea Party – tear down this country and start over

Republicans spending like drunken sailors from 2001 to 2009 had nothing to do with the deficit? Two failed wars, off the books, had nothing to do with the deficit?

But, in a Democracy, one gets the government that the whole deserves. So if the Repukes get the power back, and put us in the crapper again, the citizens that voted for them, and the citizens that failed to vote at all, will have earned their pain.
Which 'failed wars' were those?
My guess is any war that does not result in an American victory is a failed war.

Osama bin Laden: Dead or Alive. Ring any bells?

Still a false assertion of a failed war by you far-left-wingers

Sort of like it makes you feel good to say it constantly though...

Republicans spending like drunken sailors from 2001 to 2009 had nothing to do with the deficit? Two failed wars, off the books, had nothing to do with the deficit?

But, in a Democracy, one gets the government that the whole deserves. So if the Repukes get the power back, and put us in the crapper again, the citizens that voted for them, and the citizens that failed to vote at all, will have earned their pain.

In order to be put in the crapper again we must get out of said crapper first? I don't see that as ever happening because Repugnantcans are no different from Dimocrats. They ALL fucking suck.

Last edited:
Which 'failed wars' were those?
My guess is any war that does not result in an American victory is a failed war.

If I could sweep my failures away with a cheap post like this, I'd still feel guilty because I have not given a valid response. How do you feel?

Let me make sure I have this straight. They are asking a guy who just said he wanted to “tear down” this country and start over if Obama, who he just admitted saved possibly millions of jobs and brought billions in profit to the US, “loved” this country, a country he wants to “tear down”.

Well,
Declaration of Independence said:
But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

Obama took an economy that was creeping out of recession and ran it into the dirt.

:lol::lol::lol:

You're joking, right? Can you show us the indications that the economy was "creeping out of recession" when Obama took office?

Any indicator will do, thank you very much.

"Technically, the recession that began in December 2007 ended in June 2009"

washingtonpost.com

'Recession is very likely over,' Bernanke says The Fed - MarketWatch

Yes, the recession ended in June of 2009. Can you point to what indicators led you to believe we were "Creeping out of recession" before Jan 20th of 2009?

If I could sweep my failures away with a cheap post like this, I'd still feel guilty because I have not given a valid response. How do you feel?

Idiot winger

Let's just list the Iraq war goals... we've done this before..

Disarming Saddam Hussein
Strike a major blow in the war on terror
Establish democracy in Iraq, keep Iraq whole and help transform the region
Intimidate other rogue nations and curb proliferation
Preserve and expand U.S. influence in the region, enhance Israel's security and facilitate resolution of the Arab-Israeli conflict

Except for the part about ending arab/israeli conflict (which ain't gonna happen)... you can see that we succeeded in what was in mind... could things have been done better, wicker, or whatever else?? Yep.... but a success none the less

Except to uber-wingers such as yourself, rdean, Mr Shithead, etc... it's easier to keep respouting your baseless slogan points

I think we are still involved in those wars you claim to be a failure. With the many restrictions that are placed on the military by our politicians these wars will last longer unfortunately.

Idiot winger

Disarming Saddam Hussein
Preserve and expand U.S. influence in the region, enhance Israel's security and facilitate resolution of the Arab-Israeli conflict

Except for the part about ending arab/israeli conflict (which ain't gonna happen)... you can see that we succeeded in what was in mind... could things have been done better, wicker, or whatever else?? Yep.... but a success none the less

Except to uber-wingers such as yourself, rdean, Mr Shithead, etc... it's easier to keep respouting your baseless slogan points
Going into Iraq, we were told we had to eradicate the massive stockpiles of WMDs at Saddam's disposal. We had to do this because Saddam was an "imminent threat" to Western civilization. We captured Baghdad. We captured Saddam himself. We found no imminent threat at all and spent billions of dollars and lost thousands of American lives.

A cost/benefit analysis of this adventure would definitely show it was a failure.

We we never told we were on a mission to rebuild Iraqi society. We would not have gone and wasted all those resources on such a fool's errand, would we?

Move the goal posts and declare victory. If I were shallow enough to champion corrosive the policies that lead to our current state of affairs, I might try that same cheap tactic too.

Idiot winger

Disarming Saddam Hussein

Going into Iraq, we were told we had to eradicate the massive stockpiles of WMDs at Saddam's disposal. We had to do this because Saddam was an "imminent threat" to Western civilization. We captured Baghdad. We captured Saddam himself. We found no imminent threat at all and spent billions of dollars and lost thousands of American lives.

A cost/benefit analysis of this adventure would definitely show it was a failure.

We we never told we were on a mission to rebuild Iraqi society. We would not have gone and wasted all those resources on such a fool's errand, would we?

Move the goal posts and declare victory. If I were shallow enough to champion corrosive the policies that lead to our current state of affairs, I might try that same cheap tactic too.

Yawn... the WoMD mantra.. as if it were the ONLY reason in the resolution for going into Iraq... try actually reading the Iraq 'war' resolution, you blinded winger
http://uspolitics.about.com/od/wariniraq/a/jt_resolution.htm

We were never told our mission in WWII was to rebuild Germany either... your point is WHAT?

Your peacenick ties to the left wing are showing

Last edited:
Idiot winger

Disarming Saddam Hussein

Yawn... the WoMD mantra.. as if it were the ONLY reason in the resolution for going into Iraq... try actually reading the Iraq 'war' resolution, you blinded winger
Iraqi War Resolution - Text of Iraq Resolution and Roll Call Vote Authorizing War In Iraq

We were never told our mission in WWII was to rebuild Germany either... your point is WHAT?

Your peacenick ties to the left wing are showing
Yup! I'm a "peacenick". I want peace. I would always opt for peace over war and destruction. I guess that makes me wrong in the eyes of the 'blinded' right wingers. I can't quite understand why, but there it is. Why is peace so wrong?

And suddenly, when faced with a chance to jock up and send American troops into harm's way, the Right Wingers find the United Nations Security Council very convenient indeed.

And let's imagine we did not rebuild Western Europe and Germany in particular after World War II. How long and how violent would the resulting aftermath be as the Soviet Union stood just over the crest of the hill? I submit that mistake would have proven itself more disastrous than the punitive Versailles Treaty.

How is the Tea Party statement different from Obama vowing to "fundamentally change the United States"?

You say Potato, I say potahto.

Hey now SP, we all know it is only stupid when the other side says it.
Don't be too hard on the partisan parrots.

Yup! I'm a "peacenick". I want peace. I would always opt for peace over war and destruction.

You must be a closet Anti-American Marxist. No good patriot would find fault with rich old men sending kids to die in foreign lands. It is our civic duty as red-blooded Americans to cheer the opportunity to get more people killed....

as long as Republicans are in charge, of course.

Last edited:
Yup! I'm a "peacenick". I want peace. I would always opt for peace over war and destruction.

You must be closet Anti-American Marxist. No good patriot would find fault with rich old men sending kids to die in foreign lands. It is our civic duty as red-blooded Americans to cheer the opportunity to get more people killed....

as long as Republicans are in charge, of course.
I wonder how these folks who champion war call themselves "Christians". The hymns must make them choke. Imagine Christmas time and the Hawks all singing "Peace on Earth. Goodwill toward men".

:lol::lol::lol:

You're joking, right? Can you show us the indications that the economy was "creeping out of recession" when Obama took office?

Any indicator will do, thank you very much.

"Technically, the recession that began in December 2007 ended in June 2009"

washingtonpost.com

'Recession is very likely over,' Bernanke says The Fed - MarketWatch

Yes, the recession ended in June of 2009. Can you point to what indicators led you to believe we were "Creeping out of recession" before Jan 20th of 2009?

Hey Doc, I'm just reporting what the NBER says. You think Obama's mere presence inspired the economy, good for you.

The fact that Obama inherited an economy that just ended the worst recession since the Great Depression!!!! (Aren't they all?) and his fundamental transformation plan drove brought it to a screeching halt.

Please tell me you are not holding your breath waiting for the same idiots who destroyed this economy are somehow now going to have fresh, new ideas to help bring it out of the ditch?

Tomorrow the THE day. They knew how to break it. Let's see if they know how to fix it.

Republicans probably will take both houses. Americans are angry that they didn't fix the Republicans disasters fast enough. They will punish the Democrats, not for making the mess, but for not fixing it as quickly as they should. They want to teach the Democrats a lesson, unfortunately, it's the American people who will learn this bitter lesson.

Actually it seems like a very clever plan on the part of the repubs....;

1. run the country (into the ground) for 8 years
2. lose the government for 2 years to the democrats
3. spend those 2 years blaming the democrats for the mess the country is in (even though repubs are the ones who created it in the first place
4. make the voters SO ANGRY at democrats that 2 years after they SWEPT INTO office they are all swept OUT of office to be replaced by the very republicans who created the mess in the first place
5. then spend the next 8 years calling the democrats OBSTRUCTIONISTS and continue to blame them for all the problems in the country

seems to be working quite well for them

The two years at the end of the Bush administration didn't really "belong" to the Democrats. The Senate was 49 Democrats to 49 Republicans with two Independents, one of which was Joe Lieberman. Does that sound even close to "in power"?

It drives Republicans insane when you point that out.

Forum List

Back