Tea Party – tear down this country and start over

"Technically, the recession that began in December 2007 ended in June 2009"

washingtonpost.com

'Recession is very likely over,' Bernanke says The Fed - MarketWatch

Yes, the recession ended in June of 2009. Can you point to what indicators led you to believe we were "Creeping out of recession" before Jan 20th of 2009?

Hey Doc, I'm just reporting what the NBER says.

No, you're tying to disassociated events together:

1. The economy began recovery in June of 2009.
2. Your claim the economy began "creeping out of recession" before Obama took office in January of 2009. Of course, you can provide no indication of that claim.

The fact that Obama inherited an economy that just ended the worst recession since the Great Depression!!!!

he didn't. He inherited an economy still mired in that recession and still contracting at 6% annualized rate. The economy ended that recession several months later.

and his fundamental transformation plan drove brought it to a screeching halt.

When he took office, the economy was shrinking an shredding 750,000 jobs per months.

By June, the economy had begun growing, and it has continued to grow ever since.
By January of 2010 the economy was again creating jobs, and private sector job creation has occurred every month since.

That's good for America, but of course it's bad for Republicans....so they deny it.

Going into Iraq, we were told we had to eradicate the massive stockpiles of WMDs at Saddam's disposal. We had to do this because Saddam was an "imminent threat" to Western civilization. We captured Baghdad. We captured Saddam himself. We found no imminent threat at all and spent billions of dollars and lost thousands of American lives.

A cost/benefit analysis of this adventure would definitely show it was a failure.

We we never told we were on a mission to rebuild Iraqi society. We would not have gone and wasted all those resources on such a fool's errand, would we?

Move the goal posts and declare victory. If I were shallow enough to champion corrosive the policies that lead to our current state of affairs, I might try that same cheap tactic too.

Yawn... the WoMD mantra.. as if it were the ONLY reason in the resolution for going into Iraq... try actually reading the Iraq 'war' resolution, you blinded winger
Iraqi War Resolution - Text of Iraq Resolution and Roll Call Vote Authorizing War In Iraq

We were never told our mission in WWII was to rebuild Germany either... your point is WHAT?

Your peacenick ties to the left wing are showing
Yup! I'm a "peacenick". I want peace. I would always opt for peace over war and destruction. I guess that makes me wrong in the eyes of the 'blinded' right wingers. I can't quite understand why, but there it is. Why is peace so wrong?

Because there is no money to be made off of peace.

Yes, the recession ended in June of 2009. Can you point to what indicators led you to believe we were "Creeping out of recession" before Jan 20th of 2009?

Hey Doc, I'm just reporting what the NBER says.

No, you're tying to disassociated events together:

1. The economy began recovery in June of 2009.
2. Your claim the economy began "creeping out of recession" before Obama took office in January of 2009. Of course, you can provide no indication of that claim.

The fact that Obama inherited an economy that just ended the worst recession since the Great Depression!!!!

he didn't. He inherited an economy still mired in that recession and still contracting at 6% annualized rate. The economy ended that recession several months later.

and his fundamental transformation plan drove brought it to a screeching halt.

When he took office, the economy was shrinking an shredding 750,000 jobs per months.

By June, the economy had begun growing, and it has continued to grow ever since.
By January of 2010 the economy was again creating jobs, and private sector job creation has occurred every month since.

That's good for America, but of course it's bad for Republicans....so they deny it.

Wait a second, you mean you're serious that Obama has been good for the economy just by "Being there? The second he was inaugurated the economy just magically turned around, unemployment stopped, jobs were created, economy growth everywhere, green shoots abound!?

Wait a second, you mean you're serious that Obama has been good for the economy just by "Being there? The second he was inaugurated the economy just magically turned around, unemployment stopped, jobs were created, economy growth everywhere, green shoots abound!?

you claimed the economy was coming out of a recession before Obama took office. If I were you, I'd attempt to move the goalposts as well.

But the fact remains, you've given no evidence to support your claim. I'm still waiting for that, Frank. According to the CBO, the stimulus bill has made significant positivie contributions to GDP and employment. Since the CBO is now saying something you don't like, I'm sure you'll tell us how it's a tool of the left...

Last edited:
Yawn... the WoMD mantra.. as if it were the ONLY reason in the resolution for going into Iraq... try actually reading the Iraq 'war' resolution, you blinded winger
Iraqi War Resolution - Text of Iraq Resolution and Roll Call Vote Authorizing War In Iraq

We were never told our mission in WWII was to rebuild Germany either... your point is WHAT?

Your peacenick ties to the left wing are showing
Yup! I'm a "peacenick". I want peace. I would always opt for peace over war and destruction. I guess that makes me wrong in the eyes of the 'blinded' right wingers. I can't quite understand why, but there it is. Why is peace so wrong?

Because there is no money to be made off of peace.
I don't think so. When your factory gets bombed, you lose money. I think it's more primal.

I think the Conservative Hawks like war because it's pretty. At least the accoutrement are. Flags, guns, uniforms, parades, and the ever elusive 'glory' is what attracts them to war. Just like Blanche DuBois said, "Funerals are pretty compared to death." I have never met a true warrior who wants to repeat the horrors of war. But I have met plenty of chicken hawks who think war is the answer to all problems large and small.

Read the bumper stickers. "Kill 'em all! Let God sort it out!" That shallow vein of thinking leads to destruction unimagined.

This morning, on Morning Joe, there was some Tea Party guy who had written a book about “Taking back America”.

Joe Scarborough wanted so bad to like this guys message he just couldn’t bring himself to question the guy. Not until Dillon Radigon started talking to him.

They were talking about the fact that GM and other companies who borrowed money from the government were paying it back and the US stood to make billions from these loans. This guy was saying that “there should never be ‘too big to fail’.” OK, I have no problem with that.

Then Dillon pointed out that GM employs tens of thousands of people, another 300,000 are directly impacted by those jobs and maybe another couple of million are impacted by those jobs. The guy said, “So?”

Dillon said to bring this much ruin, you might as well “tear down the country”. They TP guy said, “Some times you have to tear things down completely and start over”.

Then, they asked this same guy who wants to “tear down this country” if Obama was a racist. He said, “Well, ummm, uh, I don’t THINK he is”.

Then they asked this same guy if Obama “hated” America. The guy said, “Well, yes and no”.

Let me make sure I have this straight. They are asking a guy who just said he wanted to “tear down” this country and start over if Obama, who he just admitted saved possibly millions of jobs and brought billions in profit to the US, “loved” this country, a country he wants to “tear down”.

The guy said he wanted to “tear it down”. Is that “love”? And why is he the expert on Obama? Because he is a Tea Party Republican who is patriotic and white?

Remember, this is on MSNBC. A station that right wingers say is totally left, yet they give this guy a platform that was mostly unchallenged.

All I can say is, “Tomorrow is the DAY”. The day Republicans say they will present their “policies” to bring back jobs and “save” the economy.

So you are saying this one guy speaks for the whole Movement.

I C

As much as Michael Moore speaks for all the Left.

Good God... I saw him on TV the other night... he has lost his mind. Roger and Me was a great expose on the plight of the American Auto Worker. After that it was just a decent into abject depravity.

Yup! I'm a "peacenick". I want peace. I would always opt for peace over war and destruction.

You must be closet Anti-American Marxist. No good patriot would find fault with rich old men sending kids to die in foreign lands. It is our civic duty as red-blooded Americans to cheer the opportunity to get more people killed....

as long as Republicans are in charge, of course.
I wonder how these folks who champion war call themselves "Christians". The hymns must make them choke. Imagine Christmas time and the Hawks all singing "Peace on Earth. Goodwill toward men".

Silly wabbit, God is on our side the whole time, our President even said so, thereby turning it into a holy war (from some POVs).

The Tea Party doesn't wish to tear the country down...they wish to RESTORE IT.

There is a HUGE difference deany. We mean to kick Congressional/Government ass and take names. This is our Government...WE employ them, and they're outta line...and MUST be forced out for fucking this Republic up.

We do not need a constitutional convention or to tear down the nation. We need to add some amendments to fix serious chronic problems.

1. Ban the federal government from any charitable role or safety net.

2. Term limits for all federal elected positions and mandatory 20 years retirement in the bureaucracy.

3. Flat tax.

The rest gets into fixing regulations and civil law, particularly immigration reform (return of quotas and deportations), recognize cultural and economic wars being waged on us by enemies foreign and domestic, and a myriad of other things.

The Tea Party people really truly scare me. I just went to a recent rally in St Louis Missouri to cover it for our youtube show FreedomTV, and after listening to the things they said and read the signs they had I am genuinely freaked out by these guys. I came here to post the video we made but I need to get 15 posts before I can post a link so I'm getting to work on that!
Did you make sure the nutjobs didn't just walk back to their local democrat politician's office? Seems to be de rigeur these days for them to sponsor that kind of activity.

The Tea Party people really truly scare me. I just went to a recent rally in St Louis Missouri to cover it for our youtube show FreedomTV, and after listening to the things they said and read the signs they had I am genuinely freaked out by these guys. I came here to post the video we made but I need to get 15 posts before I can post a link so I'm getting to work on that!

Did you make sure the nutjobs didn't just walk back to their local democrat politician's office? Seems to be de rigeur these days for them to sponsor that kind of activity.

Were you in St. Louis? After reading your post above, I can see how you would scare the people shitless..........................

1. Ban the federal government from any charitable role or safety net.

2. Term limits for all federal elected positions and mandatory 20 years retirement in the bureaucracy.

3. Flat tax.

This morning, on Morning Joe, there was some Tea Party guy who had written a book about “Taking back America”.

Joe Scarborough wanted so bad to like this guys message he just couldn’t bring himself to question the guy. Not until Dillon Radigon started talking to him.

They were talking about the fact that GM and other companies who borrowed money from the government were paying it back and the US stood to make billions from these loans. This guy was saying that “there should never be ‘too big to fail’.” OK, I have no problem with that.

Then Dillon pointed out that GM employs tens of thousands of people, another 300,000 are directly impacted by those jobs and maybe another couple of million are impacted by those jobs. The guy said, “So?”

Dillon said to bring this much ruin, you might as well “tear down the country”. They TP guy said, “Some times you have to tear things down completely and start over”.

Then, they asked this same guy who wants to “tear down this country” if Obama was a racist. He said, “Well, ummm, uh, I don’t THINK he is”.

Then they asked this same guy if Obama “hated” America. The guy said, “Well, yes and no”.

Let me make sure I have this straight. They are asking a guy who just said he wanted to “tear down” this country and start over if Obama, who he just admitted saved possibly millions of jobs and brought billions in profit to the US, “loved” this country, a country he wants to “tear down”.

The guy said he wanted to “tear it down”. Is that “love”? And why is he the expert on Obama? Because he is a Tea Party Republican who is patriotic and white?

Remember, this is on MSNBC. A station that right wingers say is totally left, yet they give this guy a platform that was mostly unchallenged.

All I can say is, “Tomorrow is the DAY”. The day Republicans say they will present their “policies” to bring back jobs and “save” the economy.

Tearing something down and rebuilding it doesn't sound like a very conservative standpoint. It seems more progressive... because if you tear something down, that's down with the old, and building something up is in with the new.

If the Tea party is about that, then they are totally counter to what it means to be patriotic, respect the system we have in place, and work with that system to bring it back to its founding principles from where it went haywire.

As long as you start over with the Constitution being your guide,i don't have a problem with that. Both political parties have completely lost their way when it comes to adhering to our Constitution. It has become a matter of convenience for them at this point. They boast about our Constitution only when it can be used to advance their own personal agendas. Most in both parties could care less about our Constitution. It's all about Social-Engineering & Corporatism. The Constitution only gets in their way. So tearing it all down and starting over sounds like a pretty good idea to me. As long as the Constitution is used as the blueprint.

Since tearing down and rebuilding goes against the constitution, and the very act of doing so be temporarily disregarding the constitution and the government set up by it, you're a fucking idiot.

Are you sure you went to a Tea Party? I have been to two so far and I was impressed at the positive attitude that was displayed by all. They like myself are extremely disappointed in the direction that Obama and his administration appears to want to push us. I saw nobody abused or mistreated in any way. The Tea Party really believes it can redirect the direction of the country by voting those out of office that do not have the best interest of the country at heart.

Forum List

Back