Tea Party--rino/establishment groupies would have never supported Ronald Reagan

oreo

Gold Member
Sep 15, 2008
rocky mountains
I have to laugh when I hear a Tea Party Activist aka Rino/Establishment groupie tout Ronald Reagan in a comment. They obviously don't remember him too well, or were possibly to young or not born yet to remember him.

They have this false impression that he was a far to the right conservative. He wasn't --he was a MODERATE Republican, and only concerned himself with government matters--taxes, fiscal issues, military etc. He never went into social issues such as abortion. He didn't defile or degrade large voting blocks, like Hispanics. He appealed to everyone and that is why he won in historic landslides.

Ronald Reagan had to work with a hostile congress during his 8 year tenure. That meant doing a lot of compromising with Democrats to get things done.

If Ronald Reagan were alive today and running for POTUS. This same group would be referring to him as a RINO, and Rush Limbaugh would be calling him and Establishment candidate.

Today we have these Tea Party activists that have basically handed the election to Hillary Clinton--through their support of Donald "Trump. He has managed to chase off 17% of the population before the first vote was cast in the primary. While they have been so busy attacking their own party, they never looked to see what was happening to their own party. It's shrinking, and is now the MINORITY party in this country.

Ronald Reagan would have hated the Tea Party--aka esblishment/Rino groupies as much as they would have hated him.

Ronald Reagan's 11th Commandment: Thou shalt not speak ill of any fellow Republican.

gty_ronald_reagan_birthday_memorial_lpl_130206_wmain.jpg

Last edited:
I have to laugh when I hear a Tea Party Activist aka Rino/Establishment groupie tout Ronald Reagan in a comment. They obviously don't remember him too well, or were possibly to young or not born yet to remember him.

They have this false impression that he was a far to the right conservative. He wasn't --he was a MODERATE Republican, and only concerned himself with government matters--taxes, fiscal issues, military etc. He never went into social issues such as abortion. He didn't defile or degrade large voting blocks, like Hispanics. He appealed to everyone and that is why he won in historic landslides.

Ronald Reagan had to work with a hostile congress during his 8 year tenure. That meant doing a lot of compromising with Democrats to get things done.

If Ronald Reagan were alive today and running for POTUS. This same group would be referring to him as a RINO, and Rush Limbaugh would be calling him and Establishment candidate.

Today we have these Tea Party activists that have basically handed the election to Hillary Clinton--through their support of Donald "Trump. He has managed to chase off 17% of the population before the first vote was cast in the primary. While they have been so busy attacking their own party, they never looked to see what was happening to their own party. It's shrinking, and is now the MINORITY party in this country.

Ronald Reagan would have hated the Tea Party--aka esblishment/Rino groupies as much as they would have hated him.

Ronald Reagan's 11th Commandment: Thou shalt not speak ill of any fellow Republican.

Yo, Mr. Brightness? Go back in time, and listen to Ronald Reagan speak Fool! He is the True Tea Party Man!!! It would be nice if you Puppets could talk truth? But we on the Right side know better!!!

"GTP"
131025114405-14-sarah-palin-1025-horizontal-large-gallery (1) (1).jpg

Why don't you spend your time today defending your Democrat candidates platforms following last night's debate? Unable to do it?

Absolutely.

Reagan

• Raised taxes
  • Did deals with Democrats
  • Did deals with Communists (same thing, according to TPers)
  • Didn't attack other Republicans
  • Gave amnesty to illegals
  • Signed free trade agreements
In today's extremist, far right-wing Tea Party, Reagan would have been a "RINO."

Absolutely.

Reagan

• Raised taxes
  • Did deals with Democrats
  • Did deals with Communists (same thing, according to TPers)
  • Didn't attack other Republicans
  • Gave amnesty to illegals
  • Signed free trade agreements
In today's extremist, far right-wing Tea Party, Reagan would have been a "RINO."

Yo, read the second thing he had to do? That will answer the rest fool!!!

"GTP"
131025114405-14-sarah-palin-1025-horizontal-large-gallery (1) (1) (1).jpg

Yeah, Reagan was a real RINO alright....

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.

The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

We have the duty to protect the life of an unborn child.

The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.

Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Approximately 80% of our air pollution stems from hydrocarbons released by vegetation, so let's not go overboard in setting and enforcing tough emission standards from man-made sources.

Government is like a baby. An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other.

We might come closer to balancing the Budget if all of us lived closer to the Commandments and the Golden Rule.

Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.

Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty.

Government always finds a need for whatever money it gets.

-Ronald Reagan

Democrats in the 1980's weren't nearly as deranged as today's lot.
They actually followed Reagan, that's why they were called Reagan Democrats. He may had not been a perfect record conservative, but he sure as hell didn't push a progressive agenda.

Yo, Mr. Brightness? Go back in time, and listen to Ronald Reagan speak Fool! He is the True Tea Party Man!!! It would be nice if you Puppets could talk truth? But we on the Right side know better!!!

"GTP"
View attachment 54815

Get over it moron--you know it, I know it. You're not going to re-write history with me.

This is the Tea Party (rino/establishment) leader of today:

What Ted Cruz Really Stands For | RealClearPolitics

You would have never seen Ronald Reagan reading Green Eggs and Ham from the U.S. Senate floor. He breaks Ronald Reagan's 11th commandment on a daily basis by attacking other Republicans.

Ted Cruz is your hero.
A knuckle dragging neanderthal that would never stand a chance at winning a national election.

Last edited:

ya, and if JFK were running today you suck dog libs would be calling him a nazi.

ya, and if JFK were running today you suck dog libs would be calling him a nazi.

Not too many people refer to me as a liberal. I am a life long Republican--conservative that amd sick of you Tea Party--rino/establishment groupies costing us elections--Moron.

I don't know that Ronald Reagan would have even tried.

Today's political world is pretty ugly.

You mostly get egotistical maniacs like HIllary And Trump running because the others really don't want to play in the mud.

It will probably be between the two of them and it's going to be ugly ugly ugly.

I don't agree that Reagan would not have been successful though.

Reagan was honest in his appraisals and that goes a long way with people.

Me, I'm leaning towards Bernie Sanders on that alone. He seems concerned and honest. He and I would likely agree on very little. But I am now to the point that I don't care what I hear as long as I can trust it.

With Reagan I felt I could trust him.

Not too many people refer to me as a liberal. I am a life long Republican--conservative that amd sick of you Tea Party--rino/establishment groupies costing us elections--Moron.
Ok sugartits

You seem to have forgotten that the establishment republican party did't support Regan until they saw he was the inevitable winner in the primaries. The base rejected their candidates just like they are this cycle.

Yanno, I suspect much of this "Great Divide" chatter is just baiting by loony libs.

The rest is just stupid.

You mostly get egotistical maniacs like HIllary And Trump running because the others really don't want to play in the mud.

It will probably be between the two of them and it's going to be ugly ugly ugly.

Reagan was honest in his appraisals and that goes a long way with people.q

Me, I'm leaning towards Bernie Sanders on that alone. He seems concerned and honest. He and I would likely agree on very little. But I am now to the point that I don't care what I hear as long as I can trust it.

Again, the point I am trying to make is that there is the minority faction within the Republican Party called Tea Party aka Rino/Establishment groupies, that in no way Ronald Reagan would have ever approved of. They spend more of their time attacking other Republicans than they do anything else.

Many of them need a civics lesson. Many of them don't understand that Obamacare is not going to get repealed with Obama sitting in the Oval office with a veto pen. They don't understand that to get rid of Obamacare, it's going to have a super majority in both houses, along with a Republican President. So they attack, attack, attack--by having their leader Ted Cruz put on one of his dog & pony shows (over Obamacare) by reading Green Eggs and Ham from the United States Senate floor, which is representative of the average I.Q level of a Tea Party Member.

Their lives are centered around Rush Limbaugh and other right wing radio talk shows, and Fox News. They know nothing else. The candidates they pick, like Ted Cruz, Rand Paul, Mike Huckabee, Rick Santorum, Bobby Jindal, in no possible way could ever win the White House. These Tea party members are responsible for our loss in 2012, by using abortion as their platform, who's going to pay for birth control pills, and what is legitimate rape, which was always answered by an old stupid white Republican male. This sent women running, we lost them by double digits, younger women by a whopping 36 points. One of the right wing radio talk show hosts told them they lost, because Mitt Romney wasn't conservative enough, and they actually believed that--LOL
The GOP's woman problem goes beyond Trump

In 2016, enter Donald Trump, who has a very defined history of supporting liberal Democrat policies. They ignored that--and he and his supporters chased off 17% of the population-Hispanics, when historically we need to capture at least 40% of this group to win the White House.
GOP Win Will Need More Than 40 Percent Of Latino 2016 Vote, Says Study
Poll: 75% of Latinos Have Negative View of Donald Trump
http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/po...-trump-is-nominee-will-not-work-to-elect-him/

You lose women, you lose Hispanics, you lose the White House. This election is already over because of them. Hillary Clinton will be the next POTUS. There is no GOP candidate that is going to make up this deficit.

I am beginning to believe that Tea Party members aka rino/establishment groupies are attracted to hate speech, and political discourse. That's where they get their energy from, regardless of the consequences to the party. It's like the blind leading the inept. Ronald Reagan would have never supported them, nor was he in any way representative of what they're doing.

So, contrary to his own words and the (was it) Newsweek front page, Obama is nothing like Reagan?

Reagan was honest in his appraisals and that goes a long way with people.q

Again, the point I am trying to make is that there is the minority faction within the Republican Party called Tea Party aka Rino/Establishment groupies, that in no way Ronald Reagan would have ever approved of. They spend more of their time attacking other Republicans than they do anything else.

Many of them need a civics lesson. Many of them don't understand that Obamacare is not going to get repealed with Obama sitting in the Oval office with a veto pen. They don't understand that to get rid of Obamacare, it's going to have a super majority in both houses, along with a Republican President. So they attack, attack, attack--by having their leader Ted Cruz put on one of his dog & pony shows (over Obamacare) by reading Green Eggs and Ham from the United States Senate floor, which is representative of the average I.Q level of a Tea Party Member.

Their lives are centered around Rush Limbaugh and other right wing radio talk shows, and Fox News. They know nothing else. The candidates they pick, like Ted Cruz, Rand Paul, Mike Huckabee, Rick Santorum, Bobby Jindal, in no possible way could ever win the White House. These Tea party members are responsible for our loss in 2012, by using abortion as their platform, who's going to pay for birth control pills, and what is legitimate rape, which was always answered by an old stupid white Republican male. This sent women running, we lost them by double digits, younger women by a whopping 36 points. One of the right wing radio talk show hosts told them they lost, because Mitt Romney wasn't conservative enough, and they actually believed that--LOL
The GOP's woman problem goes beyond Trump

In 2016, enter Donald Trump, who has a very defined history of supporting liberal Democrat policies. They ignored that--and he and his supporters chased off 17% of the population-Hispanics, when historically we need to capture at least 40% of this group to win the White House.
GOP Win Will Need More Than 40 Percent Of Latino 2016 Vote, Says Study
Poll: 75% of Latinos Have Negative View of Donald Trump
Latino conservatives: If Donald Trump is the nominee, we will not work to elect him

You lose women, you lose Hispanics, you lose the White House. This election is already over because of them. Hillary Clinton will be the next POTUS. There is no GOP candidate that is going to make up this deficit.

I am beginning to believe that Tea Party members aka rino/establishment groupies are attracted to hate speech, and political discourse. That's where they get their energy from, regardless of the consequences to the party. It's like the blind leading the inept. Ronald Reagan would have never supported them, nor was he in any way representative of what they're doing.

I am not GOP and I am not Tea Party.

I look at the Tea Party the same way I look at the other extreme, the far left.

The Tea Party took shape because the very strong conservatives felt that the GOP was ignoring them, which they were. They turned that frustration into anger and they were a big reason the GOP took back the house in 2010. They mobilized. Emboldened, they have continued with the same tactics (kind of a take no prisoners attitude).

I don't like them on some things.

I admire them on others.

The far left also has gotten more radical. Bill Clinton threw them under the bus after 1994. Their interests have not been served by the democratic party.

They have not organized like the Tea Party. They don't have the same kind of collective attitude or principles.

The Tea Party is about one thing....fiscal responsibility. It has been co-opted on social issues.

The far left is about government and it's growth.

If they behaved (and were sincere) like Bernie Sanders, it would be game over for the GOP. However, they are greedy and hateful (the whole 1% meme has become a laughing stock).

I don't like them at all.

But, I do like Bernie Sanders approach and he is getting my support currently.

One other thing you need to consider is that the Tea Party has been very helpful at the state level (depending on what you consider help). Kansas is a prime example. The governor, house and senate are pretty much hard right. In the last six years, they've managed to toss out the moderates in droves and are now solidly in control.

That is true in other states.

BTW: Did you ever hear of the free-state movement ?

Forum List

Back