Tea Party plot in Wisconsin?

No, Clearly there was an attempt by some of their workers, and that is what they reported.

Not quite....FOX Noise was reporting that it was the official ACORN organization that was caught trying to register dead people with the state voter records....that was NOT the case, and ACORN had successfully exposed how Fox skews it's reporting to paint some in a negative light.

Now you can say what you want about FOX over covering it. Do you ever talk about how every Liberal network buried the story?

Well, first off you're wrong about Fox, as I pointed out above. Now you're repeating yet another lie that was accompanying the original one. What "liberal network" are you talking about, because FOX carried it's bogus story, and it was on the AP and other news services?

Get up to speed, kid. The GOP and it's Fox News punditry were proven wrong on this LONG time ago. You're repeating ACCUSATIONS based on SOME facts, but the DOJ found out that ACORN wasn't screwing the nation's voting system.

FactCheck.org: ACORN Accusations

If these allegations are true, it gets one wondering if similar actions are not being planned in other states:

State Republicans, Tea Party groups planning 'voter suppression' during fall elections, liberal group says

One Wisconsin Now, a liberal advocacy group in Madison, said Monday it uncovered a conspiracy by conservative parties in the state to suppress minority and college student turnout during the Nov. 2 general election.

The group says they have recordings of a leader of the Tea Party movement laying out plans to reduce the number of traditionally Democratic voters who can cast ballots on Nov. 2. Tea Party groups, the Republican Party of Wisconsin and Americans for Prosperity-Wisconsin are allegedly working together on a "voter caging" effort.

The non-partisan Brennan Center for Justice outlines the process of voter caging:

Voter caging is the practice of sending mail to addresses on the voter rolls, compiling a list of the mail that is returned undelivered, and using that list to purge or challenge voters registrations on the grounds that the voters on the list do not legally reside at their registered addresses. Supporters of voter caging defend the practice as a means of preventing votes cast by ineligible voters. Voter caging, however, is notoriously unreliable. If it is treated (unjustifiably) as the sole basis for determining that a voter is ineligible or does not live at the address at which he or she registered, it can lead to the unwarranted purge or challenge of eligible voters. …Moreover, the practice has often been targeted at minority voters, making the effects even more pernicious. [Brennan Center, “A Guide to Voter Caging,” 6/29/07]
One Wisconsin Now said Monday it obtained an audio recording it has verified as authentic from a June 16, 2010 meeting between the leaders of the state’s Tea Party movement, led by Tim Dake, head of the GrandSons of Liberty. Dake serves as a regular spokesperson for Wisconsin’s Tea Party organizations and is widely viewed as the movement’s Wisconsin leader. The full audio, available at One Wisconsin Now’s voter protection website, Save Wisconsin's Vote 2010, details the plans.

Racine Post: State Republicans, Tea Party groups planning 'voter suppression' during fall elections, liberal group says

One Wisconsin Now, a liberal advocacy group in Madison

PEOPLE WITH COMMON SENSE KNOW THE TACTICS OF LIES FROM THE LIBERALS. Thanks for playing you failed.

How very childish of you....however, what you posted doesn't pass for rational, fact based discussion in adult circles....but keep trying, you'll get there eventually.

The real question is....will this get coverage by the MSM if it turns out to be true?

are you on medication? seriously?

Translation: once confronted with his own ignorance on a subject he babbles on about, Trajan tragically tries to dodge the issue with a childish personal attack. How sad for him.

translation: I got caught with my pants down talking smack, time to do what I do best, obfuscate via another Toruettes driven outburst.

You're pathetic, Trajan....plain and simple. When chronology of the posts shows that when you can't get past someone in a discussion or debate, you deteriorate into a childish personal attack. But your ineptitude and folly are in the thread for all to see. So Trajan, unless you're willing to grow up and discuss things like an adult (which sometimes means admitting when you're wrong) I'll just leave you to your predictable childish retorts and dodges.

If these allegations are true, it gets one wondering if similar actions are not being planned in other states:

State Republicans, Tea Party groups planning 'voter suppression' during fall elections, liberal group says

One Wisconsin Now, a liberal advocacy group in Madison, said Monday it uncovered a conspiracy by conservative parties in the state to suppress minority and college student turnout during the Nov. 2 general election.

The group says they have recordings of a leader of the Tea Party movement laying out plans to reduce the number of traditionally Democratic voters who can cast ballots on Nov. 2. Tea Party groups, the Republican Party of Wisconsin and Americans for Prosperity-Wisconsin are allegedly working together on a "voter caging" effort.

The non-partisan Brennan Center for Justice outlines the process of voter caging:

Voter caging is the practice of sending mail to addresses on the voter rolls, compiling a list of the mail that is returned undelivered, and using that list to purge or challenge voters registrations on the grounds that the voters on the list do not legally reside at their registered addresses. Supporters of voter caging defend the practice as a means of preventing votes cast by ineligible voters. Voter caging, however, is notoriously unreliable. If it is treated (unjustifiably) as the sole basis for determining that a voter is ineligible or does not live at the address at which he or she registered, it can lead to the unwarranted purge or challenge of eligible voters. …Moreover, the practice has often been targeted at minority voters, making the effects even more pernicious. [Brennan Center, “A Guide to Voter Caging,” 6/29/07]
One Wisconsin Now said Monday it obtained an audio recording it has verified as authentic from a June 16, 2010 meeting between the leaders of the state’s Tea Party movement, led by Tim Dake, head of the GrandSons of Liberty. Dake serves as a regular spokesperson for Wisconsin’s Tea Party organizations and is widely viewed as the movement’s Wisconsin leader. The full audio, available at One Wisconsin Now’s voter protection website, Save Wisconsin's Vote 2010, details the plans.

Racine Post: State Republicans, Tea Party groups planning 'voter suppression' during fall elections, liberal group says

One Wisconsin Now, a liberal advocacy group in Madison

PEOPLE WITH COMMON SENSE KNOW THE TACTICS OF LIES FROM THE LIBERALS. Thanks for playing you failed.

How very childish of you....however, what you posted doesn't pass for rational, fact based discussion in adult circles....but keep trying, you'll get there eventually.

The real question is....will this get coverage by the MSM if it turns out to be true?

When your information source is a liberal advocacy group I doubt you will find any truth in the subject when dealing with republicans or conservatives.

Translation: once confronted with his own ignorance on a subject he babbles on about, Trajan tragically tries to dodge the issue with a childish personal attack. How sad for him.

translation: I got caught with my pants down talking smack, time to do what I do best, obfuscate via another Toruettes driven outburst.

You're pathetic, Trajan....plain and simple. When chronology of the posts shows that when you can't get past someone in a discussion or debate, you deteriorate into a childish personal attack. But your ineptitude and folly are in the thread for all to see. So Trajan, unless you're willing to grow up and discuss things like an adult (which sometimes means admitting when you're wrong) I'll just leave you to your predictable childish retorts and dodges.

You got caught peddling, comparatively- information wise= low grade barely edible bologna.... that much is plain.

I strongly suspect you're one of those folks that in person gets away with this desperate tactic because, uhm lets see, ala Marc Lament Hill, you'll run right over them and just talk and talk and talk until their eyes glaze over and they submit out of sheer exhaustion.

Unfortunately for you, that doesn't translate well to the written word, here, words appear and they are what they are, example; anyone who wishes to can check the record, out of the gate you were abusive, vulgar and snide aside from defraying any responsibility to back up statements made while demanding same of others and being provided with such........

Methinks you're just a lonely misanthrope......good luck with that, and I truly mean it, seriously. :(

Last edited:

When your information source is a liberal advocacy group I doubt you will find any truth in the subject when dealing with republicans or conservatives.

How many VOTES from Acorn were discovered to be fraudulent?

A million?

A thousand?

10?

1?

None?

I bet it was "none".

How many VOTES from Acorn were discovered to be fraudulent?

A million?

A thousand?

10?

1?

None?

I bet it was "none".
because they got CAUGHT before they could?

btw, the actions were not to actually get fraudulent registrations so much as to overwhelm the voter registration people so they couldnt do their jobs properly

Last edited:

Newsflash for you....the article was by a local newspaper....NOT a blog by the group itself. If you had READ the material, you'd know this. The story was given the same coverage as when the GOP was wailing about Acorn, or Clinton or Obama. Deal with it, or in your case...don't.

That's crap...No one can keep a registered voter from voting.

Sorry, they can and have been using challenges for years. Trouble is everyone is on to them now. Teapartiers aren't exactly the brightest bulbs nor are they very creative.

Look at the R leaders in the House.. Can you say vapid?

It looks to me like the liberal group that is making these accusations are the ones plotting voter suppression.

Looks to me that they are finding an excuse for Feingold's losing.

Looks to me like a Windbag and Annie didn't actually read the article in it's entirety....not surprising.

Like I've said, if the accusations turn out to be true, is this happening in other states and will the MSM media give it coverage?

Click the little arrows and backtrack the exchange. If you still don't get it, I'll explain it to you.

It is pretty likely that the voters of florida would have voted in large enough numbers to elect Gore in 2000 but were unable to decipher the butterfly ballot which was approved and distributed for use by Democrats.

It is unsettling to know that about 3000 people who are too stupid to figure out how to cast a vote could have selected a person to serve as the most powerful man in the world.

Even Pat Buchannon, for whom these voters cast their votes, felt it was more than a little unususal that he recieved that many votes from the most Liberal county on the planet. The irony is that the Democrat Party and/or democrat party members approved the ballot, approved and posted the instructions and in majority numbers manned the voting stations. The Democrat voters either did not read or did not understand the instructions, did not ask for help and voted for the wrong guy through miscomprehension and stupidity.

Given all of this, though, Buchannon, as a conservative Third Party candidate did siphon votes away from Bush.

This is not any kind of plot by "Neo Cons", it's Democrats once again shooting themselves in the foot.

Not unusual.

Also not unusual is Democrats doing this series of stupid things and then looking to blame someone else. This is why the Dems are not the "Party of Know".

thank you, I wanted to see it from the "taichi"liberal who posted the allegations, thats why I asked for articles via msm, not an author and reporter who is hawking a book and is very clearly partisan. Allegations are/were made by the bushel by both parties...BUT when it gets down to cat skinning time, its often found that there was no criminality involved, a lot of it is grasping at straws, much hyperbole and absent the back story as you kindly provided.

We were told of roadblocks and such set up in fla to keep blacks from voting, yet not a single person came forward and provided evidence of such that panned out....that and the Super Dome Katrina rape and murder room for instance, go down as media constructs beyond the pale.......yet some will if unchallenged, post this couched as fact.

he posted it and then gives me a greg palast link to go to, I liken that to using a blog or opinion site as a footnote for an academic paper .....in short he cast aspersions and didn't back them up.

Oh and I would not be so sure as to the fla. vote, the panhandle voters who are a majority rep. counties and military etc. heard that the state was called for gore as all of the major news networks and cnn and fox called the state not realizing that they are in central time zone so the polls were still open,( I could post a conspiracy theory on that too, but I don't have any PROOF, so I don't) , I am sure that cost bush many votes as well.

Interesting that DiveCon's doesn't deal with the FACT that the recount was interrupted by GOP staffers flown in to pretend they were locals...and NO ONE went to jail.

Miami 'Riot' Squad: Where Are They Now? (washingtonpost.com)

Nor does he (or you) deal with the FACT that over 57,000 Floridians were disenfranchised by Harris decision

Voter roll purge in the 2000 Florida election - SourceWatch

And you LIED about Palast, who documents EACH and every one of his statements on the subject.

DiveCon is on IA due to his dishonest nature in a debate.....seems you're on the same path.

[

thank you, I wanted to see it from the "taichi"liberal who posted the allegations, thats why I asked for articles via msm, not an author and reporter who is hawking a book and is very clearly partisan. Allegations are/were made by the bushel by both parties...BUT when it gets down to cat skinning time, its often found that there was no criminality involved, a lot of it is grasping at straws, much hyperbole and absent the back story as you kindly provided.

We were told of roadblocks and such set up in fla to keep blacks from voting, yet not a single person came forward and provided evidence of such that panned out....that and the Super Dome Katrina rape and murder room for instance, go down as media constructs beyond the pale.......yet some will if unchallenged, post this couched as fact.

he posted it and then gives me a greg palast link to go to, I liken that to using a blog or opinion site as a footnote for an academic paper .....in short he cast aspersions and didn't back them up.

Oh and I would not be so sure as to the fla. vote, the panhandle voters who are a majority rep. counties and military etc. heard that the state was called for gore as all of the major news networks and cnn and fox called the state not realizing that they are in central time zone so the polls were still open,( I could post a conspiracy theory on that too, but I don't have any PROOF, so I don't) , I am sure that cost bush many votes as well.

Interesting that DiveCon's doesn't deal with the FACT that the recount was interrupted by GOP staffers flown in to pretend they were locals...and NO ONE went to jail.

Nor does he (or you) deal with the FACT that over 57,000 Floridians were disenfranchised by Harris decision

And you LIED about Palast, who documents EACH and every one of his statements on the subject.

DiveCon is on IA due to his dishonest nature in a debate.....seems you're on the same path.

*ahem*..from the site you posted I saw the headline," Voter roll purge in the 2000 Florida election"... I was struck by an idea, what if.....what if I did something really wild..like go to the source, an article, the wash post say, the one I requested way back when before you started your smoke screen.......so, I goggled; "Voter roll purge in the 2000 Florida election"...and guess what I found?...

the wash post article alluded to in the site you posted above the references section has- ↑ Robert E. Pierre, “Botched Name Purge Denied Some the Right to Vote,” Washington Post, Thursday, May 31, 2001........ the rest of the links where back to greg palast and a few other folks whose names escape me... but one whose work includes; Jews for Buchanan.

But, I digress, anyway here is what I found in the article listed on your link, and please by all means read it all, as I have only below added the salient points, which I was asking for as to verification of those indicted for wronging, criminality issues, criminal intent etc, you know; what results of the allegations were etc..

here are some snippets..

Botched Name Purge Denied Some the Right to Vote

By Robert E. Pierre
Washington Post Staff Writer
Thursday, May 31, 2001; Page A01

snip

No one has proven intent to disenfranchise any group of voters, but the snafus have fueled a widespread perception among blacks that an effort was made to dilute their voting power in an election that George W. Bush won by 537 votes -- a victory margin of 0.00009 of the 5.9 million votes counted.

"After three days of hearings involving over 100 witnesses, the Civil Rights Commission has yet to be presented with any evidence of intentional discrimination in the conduct of the November 7, 2000, election in Florida," Bush said in a statement responding to the commission's criticisms. "I take seriously the alleged inefficiencies and bureaucratic errors identified in the commission's statement."

Botched Name Purge Denied Some the Right to Vote (washingtonpost.com)

Last edited:
It is pretty likely that the voters of florida would have voted in large enough numbers to elect Gore in 2000 but were unable to decipher the butterfly ballot which was approved and distributed for use by Democrats.

It is unsettling to know that about 3000 people who are too stupid to figure out how to cast a vote could have selected a person to serve as the most powerful man in the world.

Even Pat Buchannon, for whom these voters cast their votes, felt it was more than a little unususal that he recieved that many votes from the most Liberal county on the planet. The irony is that the Democrat Party and/or democrat party members approved the ballot, approved and posted the instructions and in majority numbers manned the voting stations. The Democrat voters either did not read or did not understand the instructions, did not ask for help and voted for the wrong guy through miscomprehension and stupidity.

Given all of this, though, Buchannon, as a conservative Third Party candidate did siphon votes away from Bush.

This is not any kind of plot by "Neo Cons", it's Democrats once again shooting themselves in the foot.

Not unusual.

Also not unusual is Democrats doing this series of stupid things and then looking to blame someone else. This is why the Dems are not the "Party of Know".

how the fuck would you know what i do or dont "deal with"
you fucking moron

Newsflash for you....the article was by a local newspaper....NOT a blog by the group itself. If you had READ the material, you'd know this. The story was given the same coverage as when the GOP was wailing about Acorn, or Clinton or Obama. Deal with it, or in your case...don't.

The new york times is a NEWSPAPER and most of their shit is untrust worthy. So what is your point?

bigrebbyrd, most of your stuff is here is sheer imagination, and the NYT is far more credible than you. Shoot for that matter, and it pains me to say it, FoxNews is more credible than you, and that rag half the time does not have a clue.

It looks to me like the liberal group that is making these accusations are the ones plotting voter suppression.

Looks to me that they are finding an excuse for Feingold's losing.
of course
isnt this the normal setup for dem losses?

remember, the GOP never wins, they just cheated

The irony meter just blew up with that post. After all, since the Tea Party in Wisconsin plans to engage in voter caging, aren't they alleging that the Democrats are the cheaters?

The sad thing is that both sides are so caught up in slinging mud at the other, they don't work towards a real solution. The GOP works hard to purge voters, and if you're the one that loses your vote incorrectly, tough for you. The DNC works so hard to protect voters that if a few bad apples get to cast a vote, that's fine right?

The truth is we need to try to find the optimal balance between catching fraud and protecting voting.

Forum List

Back