Tea Party plot in Wisconsin?

Looks to me that they are finding an excuse for Feingold's losing.
of course
isnt this the normal setup for dem losses?

remember, the GOP never wins, they just cheated

The irony meter just blew up with that post. After all, since the Tea Party in Wisconsin plans to engage in voter caging, aren't they alleging that the Democrats are the cheaters?

The sad thing is that both sides are so caught up in slinging mud at the other, they don't work towards a real solution. The GOP works hard to purge voters, and if you're the one that loses your vote incorrectly, tough for you. The DNC works so hard to protect voters that if a few bad apples get to cast a vote, that's fine right?

The truth is we need to try to find the optimal balance between catching fraud and protecting voting.
no, they arent going to do "voter caging" that is a lie in the OP and its source
i posted a link to the actual audio and they said NOTHING of the sort

When your information source is a liberal advocacy group I doubt you will find any truth in the subject when dealing with republicans or conservatives.

Newsflash for you....the article was by a local newspaper....NOT a blog by the group itself. If you had READ the material, you'd know this. The story was given the same coverage as when the GOP was wailing about Acorn, or Clinton or Obama. Deal with it, or in your case...don't.

The new york times is a NEWSPAPER and most of their shit is untrust worthy. So what is your point?

The POINT was that you were asserting that what I posted was from a left wing blog site......it wasn't. But since you don't have the cojones just to admit error, you then proceed with the idiotic notion that ANY newspaper that prints a story that contradicts your political/social beliefs must be lying to a degree.

If I'm to believe you, then YOU don't have ANY sources or references of valid information in order to base/form your opinions and viewpoints, as they are ALL (according to you) dishonest and biased.

Oh, and I don't seem to remember folk with you mindset complaining about the NYT's when it was printing all those rah-rah stories for the Shrub's bogus invasion of Iraq.

[

thank you, I wanted to see it from the "taichi"liberal who posted the allegations, thats why I asked for articles via msm, not an author and reporter who is hawking a book and is very clearly partisan. Allegations are/were made by the bushel by both parties...BUT when it gets down to cat skinning time, its often found that there was no criminality involved, a lot of it is grasping at straws, much hyperbole and absent the back story as you kindly provided.

We were told of roadblocks and such set up in fla to keep blacks from voting, yet not a single person came forward and provided evidence of such that panned out....that and the Super Dome Katrina rape and murder room for instance, go down as media constructs beyond the pale.......yet some will if unchallenged, post this couched as fact.

he posted it and then gives me a greg palast link to go to, I liken that to using a blog or opinion site as a footnote for an academic paper .....in short he cast aspersions and didn't back them up.

Oh and I would not be so sure as to the fla. vote, the panhandle voters who are a majority rep. counties and military etc. heard that the state was called for gore as all of the major news networks and cnn and fox called the state not realizing that they are in central time zone so the polls were still open,( I could post a conspiracy theory on that too, but I don't have any PROOF, so I don't) , I am sure that cost bush many votes as well.

Interesting that DiveCon's doesn't deal with the FACT that the recount was interrupted by GOP staffers flown in to pretend they were locals...and NO ONE went to jail.

Miami 'Riot' Squad: Where Are They Now? (washingtonpost.com)

Nor does he (or you) deal with the FACT that over 57,000 Floridians were disenfranchised by Harris decision

Voter roll purge in the 2000 Florida election - SourceWatch

And you LIED about Palast, who documents EACH and every one of his statements on the subject.

DiveCon is on IA due to his dishonest nature in a debate.....seems you're on the same path.

*ahem*..from the site you posted I saw the headline," Voter roll purge in the 2000 Florida election"... I was struck by an idea, what if.....what if I did something really wild..like go to the source, an article, the wash post say, the one I requested way back when before you started your smoke screen.......so, I goggled; "Voter roll purge in the 2000 Florida election"...and guess what I found?...

the wash post article alluded to in the site you posted above the references section has- ↑ Robert E. Pierre, “Botched Name Purge Denied Some the Right to Vote,” Washington Post, Thursday, May 31, 2001........ the rest of the links where back to greg palast and a few other folks whose names escape me... but one whose work includes; Jews for Buchanan.

But, I digress, anyway here is what I found in the article listed on your link, and please by all means read it all, as I have only below added the salient points, which I was asking for as to verification of those indicted for wronging, criminality issues, criminal intent etc, you know; what results of the allegations were etc..

here are some snippets..

Botched Name Purge Denied Some the Right to Vote

By Robert E. Pierre
Washington Post Staff Writer
Thursday, May 31, 2001; Page A01

snip

No one has proven intent to disenfranchise any group of voters, but the snafus have fueled a widespread perception among blacks that an effort was made to dilute their voting power in an election that George W. Bush won by 537 votes -- a victory margin of 0.00009 of the 5.9 million votes counted.

"After three days of hearings involving over 100 witnesses, the Civil Rights Commission has yet to be presented with any evidence of intentional discrimination in the conduct of the November 7, 2000, election in Florida," Bush said in a statement responding to the commission's criticisms. "I take seriously the alleged inefficiencies and bureaucratic errors identified in the commission's statement."

Botched Name Purge Denied Some the Right to Vote (washingtonpost.com)

*Ahem* Here's a revelation for you......the VAST majority of news stories that are circulated by the MSM originate with ONE reporter or group of reporters "breaking" the story. It use to be called "getting the scoop"....which means that the one newspaper, TV or radio station reporter(s) is the source for all the other papers and broadcast stations.

TO DATE, NO ONE HAS BEEN ABLE TO FAULT PALAST'S REPORTING. He is a bonafide investigative journalist....and the Washington Post did nothing more or less valid in it's reporting than any other news service.

And if you had bothered to do a little more research beyond what pleases you, you'd have noticed that the CRC found that Florida didn't intentionally discriminate, IT DID HAPPEN due to the gross incompetence and negligence of Harris and the system she oversaw in her dual role as local GOP election leader! Over 57,000 voters were wrongfully disenfranchised. So if it was your vote that got screwed, and Gore had one, would you be so accepting and just let it go?

And I noticed you didn't DARE touch the source material I provided that essentially throws Dive Cons's mental meanderings dow the toilet.

You can dance down this alley all you want to Trajan....but you just look more like willfully ignorant neocon wonk. You tried to portray my source as bogus....you failed! Deal with it...or in your case, don't.

Last edited:
And here's an update on the situation:

Update Tim Dake of the Wisconsin GrandSons for Liberty and Mark Block, State Director of Americans for Prosperity-Wisconsin have both denied involvement in any plot to suppress votes. However, emails sent just last week and subsequently obtained by One Wisconsin Now show that Dake was having an ongoing exchange with tea party leaders and Republican Party of Wisconsin about proceeding with their project—citing plans to remove as many as 70,000 “suspect voter registrations” from the rolls. Attachments to the emails included a detailed plan for moving forward, including photographing the homes of voters to be targeted for challenge, intimidation, or removal from the rolls.

Think Progress Right Wing Foments Voter Fraud Conspiracies, Hatches ?Voter Caging? Plot To Suppress Minority Votes In WI

And here's an update on the situation:

Update Tim Dake of the Wisconsin GrandSons for Liberty and Mark Block, State Director of Americans for Prosperity-Wisconsin have both denied involvement in any plot to suppress votes. However, emails sent just last week and subsequently obtained by One Wisconsin Now show that Dake was having an ongoing exchange with tea party leaders and Republican Party of Wisconsin about proceeding with their project—citing plans to remove as many as 70,000 “suspect voter registrations” from the rolls. Attachments to the emails included a detailed plan for moving forward, including photographing the homes of voters to be targeted for challenge, intimidation, or removal from the rolls.

Think Progress Right Wing Foments Voter Fraud Conspiracies, Hatches ?Voter Caging? Plot To Suppress Minority Votes In WI
do you ever use any reliable sources?

Looks to me that they are finding an excuse for Feingold's losing.
of course

The irony meter just blew up with that post. After all, since the Tea Party in Wisconsin plans to engage in voter caging, aren't they alleging that the Democrats are the cheaters?

The sad thing is that both sides are so caught up in slinging mud at the other, they don't work towards a real solution. The GOP works hard to purge voters, and if you're the one that loses your vote incorrectly, tough for you. The DNC works so hard to protect voters that if a few bad apples get to cast a vote, that's fine right?

The truth is we need to try to find the optimal balance between catching fraud and protecting voting.

To date, all the wailing by the neocon driven GOP and it's punditry about the Dems and Acorn registering fake voters was PROVEN WRONG.

Voter caging, however, seems to be a very real occurence that the GOP knows all too well.

So people who aren't legally registered don't get to vote.

Not a surprise Democrats oppose it. I mean seriously, why are you guys always opposed to measure to prevent voting fraud? There is no legitimate reason to oppose such fraud.

Pay attention: if your driver's license info varies with how you signed your Soc Sec card (say you didn't use your middle name on one) or how you filled out your voter registration form years ago...the neocons would PREVENT you from voting until they 'verified' your identity. That's all it takes....and the GOP have used this ploy before in predominantly Democratic districts. Don't take my word for it, DO THE RESEARCH YOURSELF.

If the Wisconsin story pans out....it'll be real interesting what takes place next....and what type of coverage will it get in the MSM.

the way it works is every time you move, you re-register to vote. You are also supposed to update your driver license very time you move. You do these things so you CAN vote and legally drive.

So if you haven't done these things, you should not be able to vote. It's the way we make sure only registered voters vote.

But the dems can't win with only registered voters, or by applying our system legally. Of course they don't want any sort of enforcement of standards THAT ARE ALREADY IN PLACE.

I know because I have a voter registration audit at least 4 x a year, and just had one today. I offer voter registration to my clients whenever they apply, when they recertify, or when they move, because they are supposed to keep that information CURRENT.

of course

To date, all the wailing by the neocon driven GOP and it's punditry about the Dems and Acorn registering fake voters was PROVEN WRONG.

Voter caging, however, seems to be a very real occurence that the GOP knows all too well.

What a lying piece of dirt you are.

Acorn workers have a rap sheet (a real one) a mile long. They have never been cleared, they have been convicted of registering fake voters, and this is why they have disbanded and are trying to get themselves together under a new brand.

Neg rep for a lying asswipe.

Interesting that DiveCon's doesn't deal with the FACT that the recount was interrupted by GOP staffers flown in to pretend they were locals...and NO ONE went to jail.

Miami 'Riot' Squad: Where Are They Now? (washingtonpost.com)

Nor does he (or you) deal with the FACT that over 57,000 Floridians were disenfranchised by Harris decision

Voter roll purge in the 2000 Florida election - SourceWatch

And you LIED about Palast, who documents EACH and every one of his statements on the subject.

DiveCon is on IA due to his dishonest nature in a debate.....seems you're on the same path.

*ahem*..from the site you posted I saw the headline," Voter roll purge in the 2000 Florida election"... I was struck by an idea, what if.....what if I did something really wild..like go to the source, an article, the wash post say, the one I requested way back when before you started your smoke screen.......so, I goggled; "Voter roll purge in the 2000 Florida election"...and guess what I found?...

the wash post article alluded to in the site you posted above the references section has- ↑ Robert E. Pierre, “Botched Name Purge Denied Some the Right to Vote,” Washington Post, Thursday, May 31, 2001........ the rest of the links where back to greg palast and a few other folks whose names escape me... but one whose work includes; Jews for Buchanan.

But, I digress, anyway here is what I found in the article listed on your link, and please by all means read it all, as I have only below added the salient points, which I was asking for as to verification of those indicted for wronging, criminality issues, criminal intent etc, you know; what results of the allegations were etc..

here are some snippets..

By Robert E. Pierre

snip

No one has proven intent to disenfranchise any group of voters, but the snafus have fueled a widespread perception among blacks that an effort was made to dilute their voting power in an election that George W. Bush won by 537 votes -- a victory margin of 0.00009 of the 5.9 million votes counted.

"After three days of hearings involving over 100 witnesses, the Civil Rights Commission has yet to be presented with any evidence of intentional discrimination in the conduct of the November 7, 2000, election in Florida," Bush said in a statement responding to the commission's criticisms. "I take seriously the alleged inefficiencies and bureaucratic errors identified in the commission's statement."

*Ahem* Here's a revelation for you......the VAST majority of news stories that are circulated by the MSM originate with ONE reporter or group of reporters "breaking" the story. It use to be called "getting the scoop"....which means that the one newspaper, TV or radio station reporter(s) is the source for all the other papers and broadcast stations.

TO DATE, NO ONE HAS BEEN ABLE TO FAULT PALAST'S REPORTING. He is a bonafide investigative journalist....and the Washington Post did nothing more or less valid in it's reporting than any other news service.

And if you had bothered to do a little more research beyond what pleases you, you'd have noticed that the CRC found that Florida didn't intentionally discriminate, IT DID HAPPEN due to the gross incompetence and negligence of Harris and the system she oversaw in her dual role as local GOP election leader! Over 57,000 voters were wrongfully disenfranchised. So if it was your vote that got screwed, and Gore had one, would you be so accepting and just let it go?

And I noticed you didn't DARE touch the source material I provided that essentially throws Dive Cons's mental meanderings dow the toilet.

You can dance down this alley all you want to Trajan....but you just look more like willfully ignorant neocon wonk. You tried to portray my source as bogus....you failed! Deal with it...or in your case, don't.

you apparently have a reading comprehension problem, which I think is willful btw. Stop building strawmen to knock down in a feeble attempt to cover your ass.

I never said it didn't happen, I said , from the first post there after you posited the issue, that I wanted to see the msm's take and the conclusions to the events of/to the allegations you made, there by reported by any one of the 3 I listed......

I don't expect you to man up and admit you engaged in a bout of misdirection to cover yourself, so I will have to add intellectually dishonesty issues to the bin list.

You sir, are a bilious fiend.

Last edited:
So people who aren't legally registered don't get to vote.

Not a surprise Democrats oppose it. I mean seriously, why are you guys always opposed to measure to prevent voting fraud? There is no legitimate reason to oppose such fraud.

Pay attention: if your driver's license info varies with how you signed your Soc Sec card (say you didn't use your middle name on one) or how you filled out your voter registration form years ago...the neocons would PREVENT you from voting until they 'verified' your identity. That's all it takes....and the GOP have used this ploy before in predominantly Democratic districts. Don't take my word for it, DO THE RESEARCH YOURSELF.

If the Wisconsin story pans out....it'll be real interesting what takes place next....and what type of coverage will it get in the MSM.

the way it works is every time you move, you re-register to vote. You are also supposed to update your driver license very time you move. You do these things so you CAN vote and legally drive.

So if you haven't done these things, you should not be able to vote. It's the way we make sure only registered voters vote.

But the dems can't win with only registered voters, or by applying our system legally. Of course they don't want any sort of enforcement of standards THAT ARE ALREADY IN PLACE.

I know because I have a voter registration audit at least 4 x a year, and just had one today. I offer voter registration to my clients whenever they apply, when they recertify, or when they move, because they are supposed to keep that information CURRENT.

You're IGNORING a crucial point......the vast majority of residents in a state, city or town DON'T MOVE OR RELOCATE.....you don't have to in order to fill out a form differently. A person who fills out their driver's license or without the middle name that they used on their Social Security or W2 for their job can and HAVE been victims of voter caging tactics. Hell, I have the same name as my father, and when I went for a high end credit card they confused us on the TRW reviews...DESPITE different Soc. Sec. numbers, ages, drivers licenses, etc. I've lived in the same state all my life......so the DOCUMENTED cases of voter caging are quite believeable.

So your scenario doesn't quite cut it here for the vast majority of voters.

You're IGNORING a crucial point......the vast majority of residents in a state, city or town DON'T MOVE OR RELOCATE.....you don't have to in order to fill out a form differently. A person who fills out their driver's license or without the middle name that they used on their Social Security or W2 for their job can and HAVE been victims of voter caging tactics. Hell, I have the same name as my father, and when I went for a high end credit card they confused us on the TRW reviews...DESPITE different Soc. Sec. numbers, ages, drivers licenses, etc. I've lived in the same state all my life......so the DOCUMENTED cases of voter caging are quite believeable.

I was taught to always sign my name the same, and to have the same name on my driver license as I have on my birth certificate, as I have on my voter registration.

It's not rocket science, but if you can't hack it you have no business voting anyway. And you're full of shit.

you are supposed to use your FULL NAME on LEGAL documents

here are some snippets..

By Robert E. Pierre

snip

you apparently have a reading comprehension problem, which I think is willful btw. Stop building strawmen to knock down in a feeble attempt to cover your ass.

I never said it didn't happen, I said , from the first post there after you posited the issue, that I wanted to see the msm's take and the conclusions to the events of/to the allegations you made, there by reported by any one of the 3 I listed......

I don't expect you to man up and admit you engaged in a bout of misdirection to cover yourself, so I will have to add intellectually dishonesty issues to the bin list.

You sir, are a bilious fiend.

Trajan, you're just a second rate liar......had you actually read the link I orginally provided, you would have noted the documentation of everything Palast stated...documentation by official sources....documentation that was validated by the CRC findings.

Like all intellectually bankrupt partisan wonks, you just jump from one aspect to another when proven wrong. When I took apart your blatherings about the Washington Post by schooling you on how it works in the news industry regarding stories, you whine about "strawmen"...which is the ususal bogus excuse used by failed neocon parrots when they can't logically defend their positions.

Bottom line: the newspaper story about Tea Party/GOP plans for voter caging has picked up more circumstantial evidence, as I've recently posted. As the chronology of the post shows, your stall tactics failed with regards to the 2000 Florida vote culminated in you just trying to down play the FACT that the GOP screwed over 57,000 voters who were and lived in heavily/traditionally Democratic districts. The BS DiveCon threw up and YOU agreed with was disproved...and you IGNORE that. You also ignore the crucial question of whether you'd be so accepting of the results if it were YOUR vote that got screwed.

As the chronology of the posts shows, the only "strawman" here is YOU, Trajan.

I was taught to always sign my name the same, and to have the same name on my driver license as I have on my birth certificate, as I have on my voter registration.

It's not rocket science, but if you can't hack it you have no business voting anyway. And you're full of shit.

And like every intellectually bankrupt defender of GOP chicanery, you just ignore what you don't like and then blather some childish simplicity as if it justifies your stance.

My example clearly shows how a system can confuse people DESPITE all the information available that should prevent such a mistake. What voter caging does is take those mistakes and makes it look like it's part of a conspiracy to defraud the voting process by the individual citizen or a political party.....what they effectively due is delay/prevent people from voting.

Every year, people go to my local voting station....if there's a discrepency in the registered name as opposed what's on the driver's license... the Soc. Sec., street address, etc. is easily checked on the spot. But if some GOP cager is there, he'll DEMAND that voter be kept from the booth until other sources of verification can be presented. It's like Blackwell enacting an archaic law that station registration must be on a specific bond paper.....picayune and unnecessary, but legal enough to keep the opposition's voting numbers down.

It's called critical thinking, bunky...and that requires dealing with FACTS and reality. You should try it sometimes.

What a lying piece of dirt you are.

Acorn workers have a rap sheet (a real one) a mile long. They have never been cleared, they have been convicted of registering fake voters, and this is why they have disbanded and are trying to get themselves together under a new brand.

Neg rep for a lying asswipe.

Let me bring you up to speed, bunky. The major charge by the GOP against ACORN wss that they were creating fake voters and having those fakes registered.

Reality was that ALL the employees that padded their voter registration sheets were found out and reported to the authorities BY ACORN. NO fake voters were officially registered through ACORN by any STATE on purpose. If you can PROVE so, then supply the report from the Justice Dept.

What ACORN was guilty of was NOT reporting internal embezzlement. ON that charge the management should have been canned and replaced, and/or ACORN defunded. As it stood, Acorn had it's funding held up do to Dem hand wringing, and they folded.

See bunky, if you're going to shoot your mouth off, have something of substance to back it up. So if you can't factually prove me wrong, go stamp your feet and whine to your momma about it.

every system is screwed up, shit happens, but thats not what this was about, per se'.
You posted the allegations as fact, your intent was to smear them and make it appear this was systemic and willful misconduct, you have been proved wrong.

You're "arguments" or I should say regurgitation in this thread is a mess. This is what comes of playing fast and loose, you may be entitled to your own opinon, but you are not entitled to your own facts.
In your haste to dig yourself out of your hole you have not even kept track of what the issue was becasue you have spent more time trying to back your way of of a few misstatements and issues instead of dealing factually ,like finding the link I did, and that I had asked you for several pages ago

The gall you have even mentioning someone making a personal remark to you is over the top.
Wanna play ion the sandbox sonny? Fine, don't whine when you get sand back in your face.

You've been verbally abusive from post #1, I eventually ran out of patience ( which I take myself to task for) , there is only so much provocation I am willing to take. .....you can smoke screen all you want, this is my last post on this so you're talking to yourself at this point, and frankly, I suspect you have a lot of practice at it to.

More Tai chi drop the lib...

Last edited:
Newsflash for you.....DESPITE all the bullhorning by Fox News and all the neocon rags like the WND, an investigation showed that a jackass with a baseball bat standing in a predominantly black voter district announcing that he was going to prevent what happened in Florida and Ohio in 2000 DID NOT intimidate ANY voters

what happened in 2000 in fla and ohio?

I guess mr. Bull was lying then? I see.

You'd guess wrong as usual, my Tragic friend. In the 2000 election it was DOCUMENTED FACT that over 57,000 folks in heavily Democratic districts were disenfranchised from voting by the actions of the Republican Secty of State Harris. It was a DOCUMENTED FACT that GOP re-election staff members were flown down to Florida to disrupt the recount by pretending to be outraged locals.

In Ohio in 2004, you had numerous voters REGISTER LEGAL COMPLAINTS by Democrats and Independents that the electronic voter machines (produced and installed by self advocating GOP supporter) recorded the OPPOSITE candidate vote. You also had DOCUMENTED EVIDENCE that Republican Secretary of State Blackwell enacted an long antiquated and disused State requirement of a specific paper bond to be used for district registrations specifically in heavily Democratic districts....a delay tactic that cost votes.

Your recent Florida story has NOTHING of the sort for comparison.

...and the guy was NOT part of any Democratic Party,and his "organization" is essentially a joke.

:lol:

Translation: Old Trajan's got nothing, folks.

Nobody needs you to translate anything, you arrogant bastard. Disagree with other sbut try to refrain from making yourself look like a total fucking moron by 'translating' their words.

Trajan has described himself and Fizz with, "You're "arguments" or I should say regurgitation in this thread are a mess. This is what comes of playing fast and loose, you may be entitled to your own opinon, but you are not entitled to your own facts."

When you bring demonstrable, objective evidence to the discussion, let us know, please.

Forum List

Back