Tea Party Group Demand Textbooks Say Nice Things About Slave Owners

Black people aren't pets, nor were they pets. They are people, not chattel to be bought, sold and owned.

But I wouldn't expect reactionary fucks to understand that.

I never asserted they were...

No, of course you didn't. You just stated that, like slave owners, pet owners were sometimes nice to their chattel:lol:

My point was that the majority of slaves were not abused or neglected...

Owning another human being and removing every last human right is abuse.

Some were mean and brutal - most were not..

Like I said in a previous post "ownership" is nothing more than a legal term....

Besides, why the FUCK would a slave owner abuse their assets???

Slaves were not cheap you know.... Most families didn't have slaves because most couldn't afford them....

Beating or neglecting a slave would be in todays terms like buying a 20k vehicle and beating the shit out of it...

IF the Tea Party isn't racist, why do they want to "whitewash" history?

You are such a liar dude, They want the Full History taught and not just the Dumbed down Liberal Version that says Slave Owners were Evil Trash, and Indians were all Divine Peaceful Noble People that never killed a white man for any other reason other than Self Defense.

You are the one who wants to Wash History. Wash it of the full truth and present your Personal Vision of it. Hell Some people think it is Racists to even Point out that when White people went to Africa to get slaves, Most of the time they did not catch them themselves. They Bought them, From Other African Blacks!!!! But try pointing that out and you are just a racist who longs for the days of Slavery according to most Libs.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Black-Slaveowners-Masters-Carolina-1790-1860/dp/0786469315/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1327376880&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: Black Slaveowners: Free Black Slave Masters in South Carolina, 1790-1860 (9780786469314): Larry Koger: Books[/ame]

The fact is large numbers of free Negroes owned black slaves; in fact, in numbers disproportionate to their representation in society at large. In 1860 only a small minority of whites owned slaves. According to the U.S. census report for that last year before the Civil War, there were nearly 27 million whites in the country. Some eight million of them lived in the slaveholding states.

The census also determined that there were fewer than 385,000 individuals who owned slaves (1). Even if all slaveholders had been white, that would amount to only 1.4 percent of whites in the country (or 4.8 percent of southern whites owning one or more slaves).

Perhaps you should do some research and stop believing what Liberal Class warfare Artists are telling you they want. They do not want, and are not asking, that Kids be taught slavery was "good"

Why the hell am I wasting my time with you clear Hyper Partisan Left wing Loons. The truth could smack you across the face and you would deny anything happened so you could twist it into proof anyone who is not a liberal is a Racists Pig.

So, what's the truth? That those Africans VOLUNTEERED to become slaves? That the Native Americans WANTED to Move to Oklahoma? Gimme a fucking break.

for the most part, those africans were sold into slavery by those other africans.

go figure, huh?

they were prolly republicans.

How is that relevant to the discussion on how fucking degenerate slavery is? What better way to get rid of a rival or enemy? Sell him to the white slavers. How does Africans selling their own people (or rival tribes) into slavery makes it a "go figure" moment? What is the point you are trying to make?

We have people selling their own kids on eBay...and?

Obama has done a fine job indoctrinating our next generation of apologists
:clap2:

People here are using 21st century standards to judge 18th century behavior.

We all agree that it was bad and wrong TO US and our current viewpoints.

Things were more than just a tiny bit different 300 years ago!!

:cuckoo:

Apparently so was Christianity...
YOU have no clue. Seriously. (Much less a clue as to what Christ said of slavery/slaves).

You prove yourself to be an idiot.

You are such a liar dude, They want the Full History taught and not just the Dumbed down Liberal Version that says Slave Owners were Evil Trash, and Indians were all Divine Peaceful Noble People that never killed a white man for any other reason other than Self Defense.

You are the one who wants to Wash History. Wash it of the full truth and present your Personal Vision of it. Hell Some people think it is Racists to even Point out that when White people went to Africa to get slaves, Most of the time they did not catch them themselves. They Bought them, From Other African Blacks!!!! But try pointing that out and you are just a racist who longs for the days of Slavery according to most Libs.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Black-Slaveowners-Masters-Carolina-1790-1860/dp/0786469315/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1327376880&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: Black Slaveowners: Free Black Slave Masters in South Carolina, 1790-1860 (9780786469314): Larry Koger: Books[/ame]

The fact is large numbers of free Negroes owned black slaves; in fact, in numbers disproportionate to their representation in society at large. In 1860 only a small minority of whites owned slaves. According to the U.S. census report for that last year before the Civil War, there were nearly 27 million whites in the country. Some eight million of them lived in the slaveholding states.

The census also determined that there were fewer than 385,000 individuals who owned slaves (1). Even if all slaveholders had been white, that would amount to only 1.4 percent of whites in the country (or 4.8 percent of southern whites owning one or more slaves).

Fine, so let history and textbooks reflect the WHOLE truth!!!!!

I seem to recall that we used 20th century standards to judge 18th and 19th century behavior as well.

YOU have no clue. Seriously. (Much less a clue as to what Christ said of slavery/slaves).

Don't start with the personal attacks. They make you look incapable of intelligent debate.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Black-Slaveowners-Masters-Carolina-1790-1860/dp/0786469315/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1327376880&sr=8-1"]Amazon.com: Black Slaveowners: Free Black Slave Masters in South Carolina, 1790-1860 (9780786469314): Larry Koger: Books[/ame]

And those same slave holders wished to count each of thier slaves reguarding apportionment. 3/5ths Compromise...

You libs would shit bricks if the above facts were added to text books and you know it.

I had no idea there were free bLack slave owners till about a year or so ago.

May as well say the evil white settlers gave diseased blankets to Native Americans next.

Do you have something to dispute that, or are you just griping because you feel that people overuse this victimization.

Oh I do have something to dispute that...

Settlers had no fucking idea how disease was passed... They had no fucking clue as to what an immune system is or what antibodies the Natives possessed because they had no idea.

Today we know that segregated tribes or "uncontacted tribes" do not share the same immunities as you or I and most countries that host such tribes STRONGLY forbid contact with such tribes for those reasons...

I seem to recall that we used 20th century standards to judge 18th and 19th century behavior as well.

You've been alive for a century??!!
:eek:

:lol:
Regarding what, though?

There is no "debate" about slavery and anyone that wants textbooks to include how even some slaves were treated well is frankly lunatic. My kid reads that, I am raising havoc at the school.

Don't start with the personal attacks.
They make you look incapable of intelligent debate.

Look who is talking....

I find it offensive to be called a racist.

But I guess its OK for you to insult us... wow OK
:doubt:

There is no "debate" about slavery and anyone that wants textbooks to include how even some slaves were treated well is frankly lunatic. My kid reads that, I am raising havoc at the school.

It's lunacy to tell the entire story?

Slavery was a common part of society back then.
And, YES, some slaves were treated very well.

That doesn't diminish the barbarism of slavery.
It is simple fact.

Don't start with the personal attacks. They make you look incapable of intelligent debate.

Look who is talking....

I find it offensive to be called a racist.

But I guess its OK for you to insult us... wow OK :doubt:
It's the double standards some have become used to.

Oh so you would rather read lies then???

Slavery was wrong without question but to sit there an tell yourself fucked up stories is just as wrong...

History should be represented accurately...

It's lunacy to tell the entire story?

Slavery was a common part of society back then.
And, YES, some slaves were treated very well.

That doesn't diminish the barbarism of slavery.
It is simple fact.

But WE are the ones who want to rewrite history :eusa_eh:

Go figure

North American black slaves had it nice compared to South American slaves.....

The Spanish were quite brutal...

Amazon.com: Black Slaveowners: Free Black Slave Masters in South Carolina, 1790-1860 (9780786469314): Larry Koger: Books

You libs would shit bricks if the above facts were added to text books and you know it.

I had no idea there were free bLack slave owners till about a year or so ago.

well don't shit a brick.

Forum List

Back