Tea party favorite loses runoff in Alabama

VaYank5150

Gold Member
Aug 3, 2009
Virginia
MONTGOMERY, Alabama — A mainstream Republican rolled past a conservative tea party activist in the primary runoff for a southeast Alabama congressional seat that Republicans hope to reclaim.

Montgomery City Councilwoman Martha Roby was drawing 60 percent in the unofficial count in the 2nd Congressional District Republican runoff Tuesday against Rick Barber, a former Marine who operates a Montgomery pool hall that hosts tea party meetings.

And the fall continues for the Tea Baggers....where's Caribou Barbie when you need her? Oh yeah, still catching up on what her daughter is doing in US magazine....:lol:

"We take issue with the Tea Party's continued tolerance for bigotry and bigoted statements."

Oh... the clinging to the myths continue... hope that person went and collected his reward by showing his proof of such things happening by 'Tea Party' members and the statements by Tea Party organizers that show support for such things...

Not to mention any actual details on the Alabama candidates, the depth of their campaigns, how much was spent on their campaigns, actual stances, etc

I used to think you were above other lefties on this site.. but you have been turning more and more into one of the squawking loons

And this can't help.....

"We take issue with the Tea Party's continued tolerance for bigotry and bigoted statements. The time has come for them to accept the responsibility that comes with influence and make clear there is no space for racism and anti-Semitism and other forms of bigotry in their movement," Jealous said.

NAACP passes resolution blasting Tea Party 'racism' - CNN.com

The NAACP shouldn't throw stones since their house is full of broken glass already

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8vp4BYoAJE]YouTube - NAACP Press Conference Victim Is Uncle Tom[/ame]

This is interesting too

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmWw_TX_Lqw]YouTube - Tea Party NOT Racist! Just Tired of the Same Old Tricks to Keep us Divided.[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Eib2di9bq4&feature=related]YouTube - White NBC Reporter Confronts Black Man at Tea Party Rally: 'Have You Ever Felt Uncomfortable?'[/ame]

MONTGOMERY, Alabama — A mainstream Republican rolled past a conservative tea party activist in the primary runoff for a southeast Alabama congressional seat that Republicans hope to reclaim.

Montgomery City Councilwoman Martha Roby was drawing 60 percent in the unofficial count in the 2nd Congressional District Republican runoff Tuesday against Rick Barber, a former Marine who operates a Montgomery pool hall that hosts tea party meetings.

And the fall continues for the Tea Baggers....where's Caribou Barbie when you need her? Oh yeah, still catching up on what her daughter is doing in US magazine....:lol:

Palin should be taking responsibility for this great loss. She is certainly first in line to take credit for any success in the tea party movement. Not that we've seen too much success..

They have had some forward movement in splitting the Republican party. Atta girl, Palin..

Last edited:

Palin should be taking responsibility for this great loss. She is certainly first in line to take credit for any success in the tea party movement. Not that we've seen too much success..

They have had some forward movement in splitting the Republican party. Atta girl, Palin..

Sara Palin is an idiot if she thinks she is responsible for the tea party movement. You guys can thank woodrow wilson and the decades of ever increasing government done by almost every president since him for the tea partiers.

Sara Palin is an idiot if she thinks she is responsible for the tea party movement. You guys can thank woodrow wilson and the decades of ever increasing government done by almost every president since him for the tea partiers.

I disagree. The Tea Party is a gimmick, it's chock full of Neocons attempting to upgrade their image. They aren't fooling anyone obviously pretending to be Independents looking for smaller government.

The more they talk, the more they split that party.

"We take issue with the Tea Party's continued tolerance for bigotry and bigoted statements."

Oh... the clinging to the myths continue... hope that person went and collected his reward by showing his proof of such things happening by 'Tea Party' members and the statements by Tea Party organizers that show support for such things...

Not to mention any actual details on the Alabama candidates, the depth of their campaigns, how much was spent on their campaigns, actual stances, etc

I used to think you were above other lefties on this site.. but you have been turning more and more into one of the squawking loons

I never said I agreed with what the NAACP said. However, I am trying to show the bigger picture. Do the Tea Baggers, and moreover, their partner, the GOP REALLY want a fight with the NAACP in an election (mid-term mind you) year? REALLY?

Yesterday's talking point....

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/124811-tea-party-candidate-routed-in-alabama.html

You are as dumb as the OP of the other thread if you think this one race is a referendum on the entire Tea Party movement...

So....when a Tea Bagger wins (Scott Brown), it IS a referrendum on the entire Tea Bagger movement, but when one loses, it is not. You know, if you guys would just stop changing the goal posts, most others could more easily keep up...:eusa_whistle:

I never said Scott Brown's victory was a referendum on the Tea Party movement...

Do you think it was?

You aparently suffer from the same "sweeping generalization syndrome" as the other thread's OP... Those tend to make one look foolish...

Last edited:

I disagree. The Tea Party is a gimmick, it's chock full of Neocons attempting to upgrade their image. They aren't fooling anyone obviously pretending to be Independents looking for smaller government.

The more they talk, the more they split that party.

Thats your opinion and you are entitled to view it how you wish. However that statement reads like a talking point from my computer and not as an opinion formed from actually visiting a tea party rally.

If you had been to a tea party rally you would know they dont like the republicans much either and dont care if their voices being heard splits that party up.

Last edited:
I never said Scott Brown's victory was a referendum on the Tea Party movement...

Do you think it was?

You aparently suffer from the same "sweeping generalization syndrome" as the other thread's OP... Those tend to make one look foolish...

No I dont. He ran as a republican and has been a republican for many years in the state senate.

The tea party supported him, due to his statements on the health care bill and the fact that he wasn't martha coakley, but he wasn't a tea party canidate.

Yesterday's talking point....

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/124811-tea-party-candidate-routed-in-alabama.html

You are as dumb as the OP of the other thread if you think this one race is a referendum on the entire Tea Party movement...

This isn't the only race where the tea party is performing below expectations. Or don't you see that yet?

In one race that there is a true "Tea Party Canidate" the lady is running surprisingly well. I didn't think with some of her rhetoric she could beat the sad excuse of a senator that is Harry Reid but here is some polling data from NV. The top results are from republican voters, the ones further down are what you should look at from "all likely voters"

June 2010 Political Polls - U.S. Senate - ReviewJournal.com

Do you think it was?

No I dont. He ran as a republican and has been a republican for many years in the state senate.

The tea party supported him, due to his statements on the health care bill and the fact that he wasn't martha coakley, but he wasn't a tea party canidate.

I agree with you about Brown...

People supported by the Tea Party movement, or by people who share many ideals of that movement despite some disagreements, will win some races and lose some races...

To believe as some libs here that if the TP supported candidate in every race, or even a majority of races, MUST win or the movement is sunk is beyond foolish...

Forum List

Back