Taylor Swift surprises 96-year-old WWII veteran for Christmas

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
I don't think I can name any song other than "shake it off", but this is a nice story nonetheless.

Taylor Swift surprises 96-year-old WWII veteran for Christmas

Taylor Swift played Santa Claus for her oldest fan -- 96-year-old World War II veteran Cyrus Porter.

Never in his "Wildest Dreams" did Porter expect the pop superstar to walk through the doors of his Missouri home Monday night.

Swift surprised Porter and 60 of his relatives with a performance of "Shake it Off" and several of her other hits for a more-than one hour private show.

Porter told local news outlet Ozarks First that Swift's music helps him to connect with his nearly two dozen grandchildren. He has seen her perform in concert two times.

"I just enjoyed going to see 'em and her," he told the news outlet. "I would as soon go see her right now as anybody!"

The 96-year-old hopes to be able to see Swift perform live one more time.

"I just liked the way the way she did stuff," he shared.

Porter's grandchildren shared pictures of Swift's visit on social media. One called it a "Christmas miracle."

Stories like this are the reason why I think that Taylor deserves every last drop of success that is dumped on her plate. She appreciates her fans and she does what she can to give back to those who give of themselves first.

God bless you and Taylor and our troops always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

She's a moral, clean-living example to young people and deserves every bit of success. This is but one example of many thoughtful and caring things she's done.

^^^ And whoever decided to bring her choice of action to everyone else's attention is the reason why she will only get more publicity for it and from the looks of it, the man that she went to see is who did the sharing, not that I blame him. If I got a visit from my most favorite singer, I wouldn't be able to keep it to myself either.

God bless you and Taylor and that man always!!!

Holly

P.S. Actually if I were to get visit from my most favorite singer, anybody that I shared the news with would probably try to have me committed because my newest favorite singer is not even here anymore, I love my late beautiful precious Billy Joe Royal SO much!!!

No matter the reason it is publicity for her.
Sure, I mean she could have just shot the old man dead instead and it would have been just the same thing, right?

roflmao

Why are you liberals, note I did not say libtards as you dont seem to be that, why are you so uncomfortable with wholesomeness and Good?

^^^ Amen to that. If stuff like this news was never put out there, the bad stuff would be the only thing that is in front of us and sometimes a person needs good things for a balancing tactic. If things can't be good at all times, what is wrong with leveling the playing field as best as a person can? :) :) :)

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

Forum List

Back