Taxing the wealthy more will have little to no impact on your life or anyone around you

Nope. Giving money to people that they haven't earned increases government dependence. You act as if Walmart is the legal guardian of its employees. It's not. Walmart is not responsible for the care and feeding of the people who work for it. No company is. The taxpayers aren't responsible either.

I'm saying if they paid enough that employees weren't on welfare the government would shrink. Instead the Waltons make billions not working and increase government dependence. Companies taking care of emloyees is the only way government will shrink. You must like big government.

Yet you never answered when I made a fair comparison, so let's try this again:

If you need a lawn care company, do you choose the one that will cut your lawn for $45.00 per cut or the one that charges $75.00 per cut?

If you need the brakes on your car replaced, do you choose the garage that will do the job for $550.00 or do you choose the garage that charges $850.00?

If you need a new roof on your house, do you hire the roofers that will do the job for $4,500, or do you choose the company that will do it for $6,500?

Nobody (including yourself) will overpay people to do the work that others will do for much less money. So why should the Walton's overpay their employees? You don't overpay the companies you use! You go for the best price like we all do.

Well paying them so little leads to government dependence and bigger government. You must love big government.

Since you do the exact same thing as Walmart, you must love big government too.

No I am not a billionaire paying workers very little.

But you look to pay the least for services or products you buy, don't you?

We all do. Why should we pay people more than their services are worth? That's exactly what Walmart and all other businesses with starter positions do. Like other companies, Walmart has several levels of employment. The bottom level pays the least. The other levels are doing quite well, but I know you don't want to acknowledge that.

I'm saying if they paid enough that employees weren't on welfare the government would shrink. Instead the Waltons make billions not working and increase government dependence. Companies taking care of emloyees is the only way government will shrink. You must like big government.

If you need a lawn care company, do you choose the one that will cut your lawn for $45.00 per cut or the one that charges $75.00 per cut?

If you need the brakes on your car replaced, do you choose the garage that will do the job for $550.00 or do you choose the garage that charges $850.00?

If you need a new roof on your house, do you hire the roofers that will do the job for $4,500, or do you choose the company that will do it for $6,500?

Nobody (including yourself) will overpay people to do the work that others will do for much less money. So why should the Walton's overpay their employees? You don't overpay the companies you use! You go for the best price like we all do.

Well paying them so little leads to government dependence and bigger government. You must love big government.

We all do. Why should we pay people more than their services are worth? That's exactly what Walmart and all other businesses with starter positions do. Like other companies, Walmart has several levels of employment. The bottom level pays the least. The other levels are doing quite well, but I know you don't want to acknowledge that.

We are paying through taxes. Id rather pay more at the store and not promote government dependence.

We are paying through taxes. Id rather pay more at the store and not promote government dependence.

Maybe so, but most people wouldn't. They would much rather pay less for their products than more. This is not to mention that paying workers more won't take them off of social programs. Check out the cities and areas where they increased minimum wage. The workers on the dole just worked less hours to keep the gravy train rolling.

When are you going to learn that it's not Walmart's fault, but the fault of our social program structure? Our government literally draws people to depend on government. After all, the more government dependents in this country, the more likely Democrat voters.

I'd rather people worked harder and cutoff their access to the government feeding trough.

Maybe so, but most people wouldn't. They would much rather pay less for their products than more. This is not to mention that paying workers more won't take them off of social programs. Check out the cities and areas where they increased minimum wage. The workers on the dole just worked less hours to keep the gravy train rolling.

When are you going to learn that it's not Walmart's fault, but the fault of our social program structure? Our government literally draws people to depend on government. After all, the more government dependents in this country, the more likely Democrat voters.

I disagree. These people are working for the Waltons who make billions each year. I'm sure most tax payers prefer the Waltons take care of their employees rather than they do with taxes.

When are you going to learn that these rich employers you worship are the reason government grows? Either government or employers are going to take care of people. If you want small government it has to be the employers.

I disagree. These people are working for the Waltons who make billions each year. I'm sure most tax payers prefer the Waltons take care of their employees rather than they do with taxes.

When are you going to learn that these rich employers you worship are the reason government grows? Either government or employers are going to take care of people. If you want small government it has to be the employers.

We've heard this lame argument 10,000 times already. It doesn't get any better the more it's used. Walmart is not the guardian of its employees. It has no legal or moral obligation other than paying them the wage they agreed to.

Only idiots believe otherwise.

We've heard this lame argument 10,000 times already. It doesn't get any better the more it's used. Walmart is not the guardian of its employees. It has no legal or moral obligation other than paying them the wage they agreed to.

Well that is the only way you will ever have small government. I prefer small government, so I want the corporations to pay.

You can't blame Walmart for the ever expanding social programs these Democrats promote. The programs are the problem, not Walmart. Why can't you come to that understanding?

And let me tell you, I've worked plenty of minimum wage jobs in my life. Why don't I work minimum wage jobs now? Because it's that minimum wage that drove me to better myself. Now had some government power came along and forced my previous employers to pay me more money than I was worth, why would I have tried to do better? I would have stayed where I was at for God knows how many years.

And if every single Walmart closed tomorrow, you would still have minimum wage jobs. You would still have people making sure they make less to stay on government programs. You would still have those government programs. You'd solve nothing.

Well that is the only way you will ever have small government. I prefer small government, so I want the corporations to pay.

Wrong, the only way to have smaller government is to get rid of Democrats and replace them with conservatives that believe in smaller government. Conservatives would revamp our social programs to gear them to only those that have no choice but to be on them much like we did in the 90's with Welfare Reform.

You can't blame Walmart for the ever expanding social programs these Democrats promote. The programs are the problem, not Walmart. Why can't you come to that understanding?

And let me tell you, I've worked plenty of minimum wage jobs in my life. Why don't I work minimum wage jobs now? Because it's that minimum wage that drove me to better myself. Now had some government power came along and forced my previous employers to pay me more money than I was worth, why would I have tried to do better? I would have stayed where I was at for God knows how many years.

And if every single Walmart closed tomorrow, you would still have minimum wage jobs. You would still have people making sure they make less to stay on government programs. You would still have those government programs. You'd solve nothing.

All the programs that I know of require you to be very poor. Our stagnant wages make it clear there aren't a lot of opportunities out there anymore. While CEO's and execs get more and more increases, wages are stagnant for everyone else. Health and retirement benefits are going down too. End welfare tomorrow and our economy would go into a depression. Pay everyone on welfare enough to get off and the economy will soar.

Wrong, the only way to have smaller government is to get rid of Democrats and replace them with conservatives that believe in smaller government. Conservatives would revamp our social programs to gear them to only those that have no choice but to be on them much like we did in the 90's with Welfare Reform.

So you choose an option that isn't possible. Great plan. Where are these conservatives you speak of? You seem to live in fantasy land. Revamping social programs won't create any jobs. We need more and better paying jobs.

All the programs that I know of require you to be very poor. Our stagnant wages make it clear there aren't a lot of opportunities out there anymore. While CEO's and execs get more and more increases, wages are stagnant for everyone else. Health and retirement benefits are going down too. End welfare tomorrow and our economy would go into a depression. Pay everyone on welfare enough to get off and the economy will soar.

Don't you understand? They don't want to get off of welfare. They are quite content being there. That's why they take low wage jobs and only work part-time. Increase their wages and they will only work less hours.

Want to get people out of Walmart? Let them take one of the thousands of jobs in my field of work. They are begging people to come in. Or the construction industry. They too are short handed in labor. I don't know of one truck driver that's on welfare.

End welfare tomorrow and more people would go to work instead. Nobody is going to starve because government quit supporting them. When you get hungry enough, you'll work.

So you choose an option that isn't possible. Great plan. Where are these conservatives you speak of? You seem to live in fantasy land. Revamping social programs won't create any jobs. We need more and better paying jobs.

Well you're not going to get them by staying home and doing nothing. You're not going to get there by bashing Walmart and then shopping there next week. You're not going to get there by making people comfortable enough to not try and better themselves.

NfXXJ2E.jpg

Don't you understand? They don't want to get off of welfare. They are quite content being there. That's why they take low wage jobs and only work part-time. Increase their wages and they will only work less hours.

Want to get people out of Walmart? Let them take one of the thousands of jobs in my field of work. They are begging people to come in. Or the construction industry. They too are short handed in labor. I don't know of one truck driver that's on welfare.

End welfare tomorrow and more people would go to work instead. Nobody is going to starve because government quit supporting them. When you get hungry enough, you'll work.

Nobody wants to be on welfare. They get there because they can't find a good job. Nobody wants to be poor.

Ah yes the truck driver thing again. Where wages are going down and there are lots of safety concerns. That is you answer to our job problem? You can't be serious.

There is no place for them to go to work. Why don't you get that? Wages are stagnant. There are not great jobs out there waiting.

Well you're not going to get them by staying home and doing nothing. You're not going to get there by bashing Walmart and then shopping there next week. You're not going to get there by making people comfortable enough to not try and better themselves.

Yes you would get there by actually paying people a wage high enough they aren't on welfare. Then government dependence would go down. Then they might even start wanting tax cuts.

Nobody wants to be on welfare. They get there because they can't find a good job. Nobody wants to be poor.

Ah yes the truck driver thing again. Where wages are going down and there are lots of safety concerns. That is you answer to our job problem? You can't be serious.

There is no place for them to go to work. Why don't you get that? Wages are stagnant. There are not great jobs out there waiting.

So are you saying it's better to be on welfare or working an actual job like truck driving? You know there are no advancements on social programs, don't you? You know you can't get experience with social programs, don't you? You do know that regardless of what the going rate is, driving pays much better than Walmart or social programs, don't you? You do know that if you ever decide to work again in your life, employers look down on applicants that have been slacking off the last couple of years, don't you? The longer you slack, the harder it is to get a job, and most any employer will have much more respect for you if you were working at a lower wage than not working at all.

So are you saying it's better to be on welfare or working an actual job like truck driving? You know there are no advancements on social programs, don't you? You know you can't get experience with social programs, don't you? You do know that regardless of what the going rate is, driving pays much better than Walmart or social programs, don't you? You do know that if you ever decide to work again in your life, employers look down on applicants that have been slacking off the last couple of years, don't you? The longer you slack, the harder it is to get a job, and most any employer will have much more respect for you if you were working at a lower wage than not working at all.
It depends; what if some no longer have a valid license or have kids that may have to go to childcare if a single parent goes to work.

I'm telling you truck driving isn't the answer to our job problem. Even with high demand wages are going down. Safety is also a big issue. On top of that there is training many will have to pay for.

It depends; what if some no longer have a valid license or have kids that may have to go to childcare if a single parent goes to work.

So if a person has children and can't work, that's my problem as a taxpayer? We should be expected to not only support the kid, but the mother as well?

No because once the kid is of age where they can attend school, a single parent can get a full time job. Until then, he or she would have to consider child care centers in order for them to work. The best of course is don't have kids you can't take care of.

If you promote irresponsibility, don't be surprised when you end up with more irresponsible people.

Forum List

Back