Taxing bad behavior

I think if you dropped out of high school, you should not get any government-provided healthcare, welfare, or food stamps.

I think if you have four kids by four different fathers, you should not get any government-provided healthcare, welfare, or food stamps.

Enough with the seat belts, 16 oz sugary drink limits, and plastic bag bans. If we are going to start being a nanny state and forcing people to take proper care of themselves, then we need to start getting fucking serious about it.

Apparently, it really only IS class warfare when it is aimed in the other direction.

Yeah.. it's amazing how enthusiastic conservatives get about "big government" when it comes to cracking down on the "low-lifes".

Both parties are progressive statist in nature, only divided by progressive and conservative wings.

I think if you dropped out of high school, you should not get any government-provided healthcare, welfare, or food stamps.

I think if you have four kids by four different fathers, you should not get any government-provided healthcare, welfare, or food stamps.

Enough with the seat belts, 16 oz sugary drink limits, and plastic bag bans. If we are going to start being a nanny state and forcing people to take proper care of themselves, then we need to start getting fucking serious about it.

Apparently, it really only IS class warfare when it is aimed in the other direction.

Yeah.. it's amazing how enthusiastic conservatives get about "big government" when it comes to cracking down on the "low-lifes".
Yeah, it's so cruel to enable poverty instead of trying to END poverty.

The cruelty is using state created dependency as an excuse to dictate how people live. We'll see how that works out if and when the statists take over health care. The same justification that conservatives cite to micromanage the lives of the poor will be used against all of us when we're dependent on the state for health care.

Don't get me wrong, I'm adamantly opposed to the welfare state. But the dynamic currently is a tag-team for tyranny. The liberals create dependency, and the conservatives use it as an excuse to lord it over people (eg "they're leaching off MY tax dollars so I have a right to tell them how to live!).

The cruelty is using state created dependency as an excuse to dictate how people live. We'll see how that works out if and when the statists take over health care. The same justification that conservatives cite to micromanage the lives of the poor will be used against all of us when we're dependent on the state for health care.

Don't get me wrong, I'm adamantly opposed to the welfare state. But the dynamic currently is a tag-team for tyranny. The liberals create dependency, and the conservatives use it as an excuse to lord it over people (eg "they're leaching off MY tax dollars so I have a right to tell them how to live!).
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to dblack again.

:)

state created dependency is bad, i wish white males would stop using the govt to have an advantage on everyone else, i wish they would stop using the govt to make sure their corps can screw over everybody and remain untouched

yes, if the white male supremacy in this country was ended, it would be amazing what we could accomplish...but when you own the judges, the laws, and the courts, you get what you want

white males in this country could not compete against the minorities they go out of their way to keep down, they would be crushed, instantly...

that day is coming, too

state created dependency is bad, i wish white males would stop using the govt to have an advantage on everyone else, i wish they would stop using the govt to make sure their corps can screw over everybody and remain untouched

Well said. Couldn't agree more.

That, SP, is an assertion. I asserted that social engineering that government force could be used during the civil rights movement (US LEO), which is certainly correct, as well as taxation.

SP, the government has the inherent right to use force to compel certain behavior.

And are you going to link to a source supporting that ridiculous assertion.

You made the original assertion, so I am waiting for you to source and support it, then I will be glad to.

You don't get to make an assertion, good or silly, then demand someone refute it with evidence. That is not how it is done.
As instruments of social engineering, sin taxes are blunt tools
which are largely ignored by the target group while creating a
range of unintended consequences which damage health,
stoke criminality and, beyond a certain point, lead to the
government receiving less tax revenue. ey are a costly and
inefficient means of attempting behavioural change.

http://www.adamsmith.org/sites/default/files/research/files/The%20Wages%20of%20Sin%20Taxes%20CJ%20Snowdon%20ASI_0.pdf

Now you pathetic twit show me a definition of social engineering that justifies government force.

”The Adam Smith Institute is the UK’s leading libertarian think tank...” is the self condemnation right there, straight from the Adam Smith Instittute home page.

social engineering n (Sociology) the manipulation of the social position and function of individuals in order to manage change in a society social engineering - definition of social engineering by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

There is your definition, my little libertarian tweezer. Two examples of force of law to ensure such manipulation would be (1) the force of the UCMJ to compel integration in the Armed Forces, and (2) the force of law in the implementation of Civil Rights and Voting acts to compel provisions of the Acts.

The major and fatal weaknesses of Libertarianism are its fractured philosophical basis and its rejection of a Social Compact.

And are you going to link to a source supporting that ridiculous assertion.

You made the original assertion, so I am waiting for you to source and support it, then I will be glad to.

You don't get to make an assertion, good or silly, then demand someone refute it with evidence. That is not how it is done.

http://www.adamsmith.org/sites/default/files/research/files/The%20Wages%20of%20Sin%20Taxes%20CJ%20Snowdon%20ASI_0.pdf

Now you pathetic twit show me a definition of social engineering that justifies government force.

”The Adam Smith Institute is the UK’s leading libertarian think tank...” is the condemnation right there, straight from the Adam Smith Instittute home page.

social engineering n (Sociology) the manipulation of the social position and function of individuals in order to manage change in a society

social engineering - definition of social engineering by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

”The Adam Smith Institute is the UK’s leading libertarian think tank...” is the self condemnation right there, straight from the Adam Smith Instittute home page.

social engineering n (Sociology) the manipulation of the social position and function of individuals in order to manage change in a society social engineering - definition of social engineering by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

There is your definition, my little libertarian tweezer. Two examples of force of law to ensure such manipulation would be (1) the force of the UCMJ to compel integration in the Armed Forces, and (2) the force of law in the implementation of Civil Rights and Voting acts to compel provisions of the Acts.

The major and fatal weaknesses of Libertarianism are its fractured philosophical basis and its rejection of a Social Compact.

”The Adam Smith Institute is the UK’s leading libertarian think tank...” is the condemnation right there, straight from the Adam Smith Instittute home page.

social engineering n (Sociology) the manipulation of the social position and function of individuals in order to manage change in a society

social engineering - definition of social engineering by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

Funny how your definition is exactly the same as the one I posted earlier and does not mention government force.

Piss off now you mindless sheep.

Funny how your definition is exactly the same as the one I posted earlier and does not mention government force.

Piss off now you mindless sheep.

I still don't see how it matters.

Forum List

Back