Tax the rich, lose the rich

As I recall the UE rate under Bush was about 5%. When it hit 7% the Dems were all screaming what a failure he was. Under Obama it has yet to reach 7% and the Dems are assuring us Obama has the right policies.
The Left is a bunch of idiots.

As I recall the UE rate under Bush was about 5%. When it hit 7% the Dems were all screaming what a failure he was. Under Obama it has yet to reach 7% and the Dems are assuring us Obama has the right policies.

Why do you suppose an inexperienced nobody like Obama was elected in 2008, there, sport? Even a nutball rabbi ought to be able to figure that out.

Clue: the human cattle that re-elected a simpering fool, the halfwit inheritor Junebug bush in 2004, had a negative reaction to losing their jobs and half their 401ks.

That is called "connecting the dots" in many locations rational people gather.

What you are posting looks more like the results of microdot.

In addition to being a pompous ass you're just plain stupid.
I thought the Right (whoever they are) wanted to lower taxes to favor the wealthy? Get your misinformation straight.

How many times did your hero Reagan raise taxes during his presidency?

Taxes were far lower when he left office than when he entered.

End of story, asshole.

He raised them three times, and the final rates were not very low at all in comparison. End of that story.

And the UE was going to skyrocket because of the 700,000 jobs monthly the Bush administration had caused to be lost.

The US had a 3rd world wealth structure prior to the postwar years. Starting in the late 30s, mostly through tax policy, surplus income on top was utilized to expand opportunity for the middle class and build the modern industrial infrastructure upon which commerce depends. Additionally, labor policies were enacted to lift wages and boost the purchasing power of the newly formed middle class (-this was the heyday of American Conservatism because the high wages & benefits along with programs like the GI Bill meant the family could afford to have the mother stay home and raise the kids).

Then came the stagflation of the 70s, caused by the oil shocks and the over-application of Keynesian policies (where inflation undermined the higher wages of the middle class). This allowed the right to raise taxes and get rid of American Labor protections on the promise that this would lead to economic growth. We let Reagan open all barriers to trade; and then we let him remove capital's bondage to American Labor. And - as a result - the wealthy moved all manufacturing to Asian sweat shops where Nike's are made for pennies a day so wealthy investors can make bank.

I thought the Right (whoever they are) wanted to lower taxes to favor the wealthy? Get your misinformation straight.

Describing revenue sharing and great society programs as "Keynesian" would have the late John Maynard spinning in his grave, but the nuts and bolts of Londoner's post accurately summarize the rise and fall of the US blue collar middle class.

Instead of challenging a point on its merits or asking a question, you equate knowledge with sophistry.

Public education in America has a lot to answer for. You may be able to pursue legal action against the schools - if they did in fact pass you through.

How many times did your hero Reagan raise taxes during his presidency?

Taxes were far lower when he left office than when he entered.

End of story, asshole.

He raised them three times, and the final rates were not very low at all in comparison. End of that story.

The top marginal rate was 70% when he entered office. The top marginal rate was 28% when he left.

Yeah, that isn't much lower.

You're a fucking commie moron, Fakey.

And the UE was going to skyrocket because of the 700,000 jobs monthly the Bush administration had caused to be lost.

Yeah, we know, unemployment was going to hit 10,000% if it wasn't for Obama's stimulus. If you're going to makeup a fantasy scenario, you might as well shoot for the moon.

Yeah, we know, unemployment was going to hit 10,000% if it wasn't for Obama's stimulus. If you're going to makeup a fantasy scenario, you might as well shoot for the moon.

I am not talking your deflection of Obama, but the failed Bush administration as always. 700 thousand fucking jobs was no fantasy scenario.

I am not talking your deflection of Obama, but the failed Bush administration as always. 700 thousand fucking jobs was no fantasy scenario.

Your messiah promised it wouldn't go over 8% if his porkulus bill was passed. He obviously didn't know shit. Bush didn't cause the sub-prime mortgage debacle. Democrats did that all on their own.

Your messiah promised it wouldn't go over 8% if his porkulus bill was passed. He obviously didn't know shit. Bush didn't cause the sub-prime mortgage debacle. Democrats did that all on their own.

The GOP did it with compliant presidents and control of Congress from 1995 through 2006.

Your lies collapse, as always, on examination. You are so easy to toy with.

The GOP did it with compliant presidents and control of Congress from 1995 through 2006.

Wrong, Jimmy Carter and Slick WIlly signed the legislation, and Slick ramped up enforcement of it.

Your lies collapse, as always, on examination.

See how easy your senile logic is to refute?

The US had a 3rd world wealth structure prior to the postwar years. Starting in the late 30s, mostly through tax policy, surplus income on top was utilized to expand opportunity for the middle class and build the modern industrial infrastructure upon which commerce depends. Additionally, labor policies were enacted to lift wages and boost the purchasing power of the newly formed middle class (-this was the heyday of American Conservatism because the high wages & benefits along with programs like the GI Bill meant the family could afford to have the mother stay home and raise the kids).

Then came the stagflation of the 70s, caused by the oil shocks and the over-application of Keynesian policies (where inflation undermined the higher wages of the middle class). This allowed the right to raise taxes and get rid of American Labor protections on the promise that this would lead to economic growth. We let Reagan open all barriers to trade; and then we let him remove capital's bondage to American Labor. And - as a result - the wealthy moved all manufacturing to Asian sweat shops where Nike's are made for pennies a day so wealthy investors can make bank.

Describing revenue sharing and great society programs as "Keynesian" would have the late John Maynard spinning in his grave, but the nuts and bolts of Londoner's post accurately summarize the rise and fall of the US blue collar middle class.

Instead of challenging a point on its merits or asking a question, you equate knowledge with sophistry.

Public education in America has a lot to answer for. You may be able to pursue legal action against the schools - if they did in fact pass you through.

Look who's talking--the 9th grade drop out. Hey, you need to learn economic history from something more than comic books and online chat rooms.
Increasing trade actually is a net benefit to both countries who engage in it. Really. Check an econ textbook sometime. Ask an adult to find one for you.

Wrong, Jimmy Carter and Slick WIlly signed the legislation, and Slick ramped up enforcement of it.

Your lies collapse, as always, on examination.

See how easy your senile logic is to refute?

Dont bother arguing with Jake, King of the unsubstantiated statement.

Dont bother arguing with Jake, King of the unsubstantiated statement.

I know. The one time he tried to substantiate his claims he ended up quoting propaganda published by official organs of the Communist government of Cuba.

images

Keep in mind that wealthy people represent the dynamic force in our economy, starting businesses, expanding existing businesses or investing in new or starting companies. That they want to take their marbles and leave is a bad sign for us.
All you "don't let the screen door hit you where the good Lord split you" liberal class warriors can just STFU now.

And go where? Most of the industrialized world, a 39% tax rate would be considered a blessing.

I guess they can go to France where the rich pay 75% taxes.

I, for one, feel sorry for the wealthy. They do so much for this country and ask for so little in return. I would like to continue giving them their tax cut, but we just can't afford it this year.
You see, the Tea Party reminded me that we are running this massive deficit and we really need to cut back on things that add to the defecit. Since this tax cut has added $2 Trillion we need to cut it out temporarily until we are on better financial footing.

I promise that once the wealthy stop sending our jobs overseas, and once that $13 trillion in debt is paid off.....they can have their tax cut back

Seems fair

Not all that make over 250K a year are sending jobs overseas. Likely, just a small percentage at best.

Not all that are making over 250K a year are living a wealthy lifestyle.

Just needed to make that clear.

Luckily, those making over 250K a year are not going to be subjected to higher taxes on that first 250K. Life is grand!

Keep in mind that wealthy people represent the dynamic force in our economy, starting businesses, expanding existing businesses or investing in new or starting companies. That they want to take their marbles and leave is a bad sign for us.
All you "don't let the screen door hit you where the good Lord split you" liberal class warriors can just STFU now.

And go where? Most of the industrialized world, a 39% tax rate would be considered a blessing.

I guess they can go to France where the rich pay 75% taxes.

Idiot.
Switzerland. Singapore. Heck, Russia. Just read the papers.

Your messiah [President Obama] promised it wouldn't go over 8% if his porkulus bill was passed. He didn't know shit. Bush didn't cause the sub-prime mortgage debaobviously cle. Democrats did that all on their own.

And your messiah, the halfwit inheritor Junebug Bush, stood under a "mission accomplished" sign on the deck of a warship and promised victory in Iraq - a nation that had nothing to do with his failure to protect the United States from attack by Saudi terrorists.

And your other messiah Bobblehead Reagan tripled the national debt, pardoned millions of illegal aliens to fuck American blue collar labor, endorsed the first private sector bailouts (S&Ls), and for good measure gave government workers the highest percent pay increase of any president to that time PLUS increased government staffing more than any peacetime president in history.

No question Obama hasn't fixed the problems your messiahs caused. How funny is it that if your messiahs hadn't fucked it up so obviously and so bad by summer of 2007 Obama would have been out of the race before it started. Even more hilarious, by the time of the crash in September of 2008, a majority of Americans would have voted for the acknowledged Devil before they voted for another filthy god damned nutball scum.

Did anyone mention that despite how bad his first term went Obama got a bigger majority in 2012 than the lying cretin halfwit-America re elected in 2004?

Be glad someone with balls isn't in the white house, sport. If that ever happens real Americans will be hunting nutballs with dogs.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back