Tax hike for middle class

Shocker!!!!!!

What happened to..... "Under my plan 95 percent of working Americans will get a tax cut." I guess he will have to scrub that from his website too... What a joke...

As Denny Green would say (ex- AZ Cardinals coach) said.... "He is who we though he was."..... just a community organizer trying to run the biggest country in the world... Lucky us.

image.axd

Tax increases in a deflationary recession sounds like a terrible idea to me.

I'll wait till the dust settles and we can actually see what changes have been made before I comment.

Isn't it amazing that in time all lies have a way of showing their face? You know as well as I do, and so do the liberal Democrats, that their plan is always tax everybody and pass the loot out amoung the "faithful" sheep followers. They always think they know what is better for us then we know ourselves. It's right out of the Democrat handbook.:evil:

We have a debt of three trillion for a war based on lies. We have a huge deficit because of a tax cut during that war. We had people with blinders on in the White House as the nation slid onto the precipice of another great depression.

The logical thing, at this point, is to get the economy on the move again, then pay the debt. Yes, that will require a raise in taxes, on all of us. There is no other way for the government to get the money to pay the debt. When I was born, the top end tax rate was 99%. It would seem to me that in a nation that requires it's military people to fight and die in overseas wars that are unneccessary, we could all sacrifice a bit for the support of those people. However, all too many, especially the flag wavers on this board, think that support means tying a yellow ribbon around the nearest tree, and then avoiding paying anything at all in taxes.

We have a debt of three trillion for a war based on lies. We have a huge deficit because of a tax cut during that war. We had people with blinders on in the White House as the nation slid onto the precipice of another great depression.

The logical thing, at this point, is to get the economy on the move again, then pay the debt. Yes, that will require a raise in taxes, on all of us. There is no other way for the government to get the money to pay the debt. When I was born, the top end tax rate was 99%. It would seem to me that in a nation that requires it's military people to fight and die in overseas wars that are unneccessary, we could all sacrifice a bit for the support of those people. However, all too many, especially the flag wavers on this board, think that support means tying a yellow ribbon around the nearest tree, and then avoiding paying anything at all in taxes.

And did you know all this when you stood during the primaries and the election and parroted obamalama's lie "I will not raise taxes on 95% of Americans"? Welldidyahuh? What does that make you then?

You are right when you say that we are in debt for a war based on lies. Did you know that we had Cash on a pallet sent over there and somehow.. it just disappeared? The only way to get back on track is what you said.. get the economy back on track and then worry about the debt. Otherwise..the economy will get into a bind. We also, however, cant spend our way out of debt. I dont know how hes gonna pull that one off.

Jamie

Stimulating the economy is supposed to act like priming the pump.

For that to work they ha ve to know where the water (money) goes though.

So far I'm not entirely certain that they know what part of the pump needs priming.

We can all count on old rocks in my head :cuckoo:

Stimulating the economy is supposed to act like priming the pump.

For that to work they ha ve to know where the water (money) goes though.

So far I'm not entirely certain that they know what part of the pump needs priming.

I think the whole package was done with haste...and not thought out thoroughly.

Jamie

You are right when you say that we are in debt for a war based on lies. Did you know that we had Cash on a pallet sent over there and somehow.. it just disappeared? The only way to get back on track is what you said.. get the economy back on track and then worry about the debt. Otherwise..the economy will get into a bind. We also, however, cant spend our way out of debt. I dont know how hes gonna pull that one off.

Jamie

Good points!

Obama lied,the economy died. Another read my lips moment. Will this make him a one termer like Bush one? Who knows.

Isn't it amazing that in time all lies have a way of showing their face? You know as well as I do, and so do the liberal Democrats, that their plan is always tax everybody and pass the loot out amoung the "faithful" sheep followers. They always think they know what is better for us then we know ourselves. It's right out of the Democrat handbook.:evil:

Actually, I don't think we would be in this mess with our national debt if it hadn't been for the Republican conservatives(sic) Spending like a drunken sailor or spending like there was no tomorrow while under the Bush administration, while reducing their incoming revenues....we would have had a better position, facing this crisis if we had not added $6 trillion to the National Debt....imo.

the national Debt was $5.6 trillion when Clinton left office....

the national debt was near $11 trillion when Bush left office...

we pay $400 billion a year, just on the interest payment for our debt, (and we only collect 1 trillion in income taxes a year so 40% of our income tax monies goes towards paying mostly foreigners an interest payment for the debt we have with them) and it will be going up up up from there with all of this money being spent on the Banks and insurance companies and financial institutions and stimulus bills and auto companies....that we simply don't have....and it's leaving us without the wiggle room to borrow, if we come upon a huge national catastrophe or in a war with an enemy with a big army... :(

care

Actually, I don't think we would be in this mess with our national debt if it hadn't been for the Republican conservatives(sic) Spending like a drunken sailor or spending like there was no tomorrow while under the Bush administration, while reducing their incoming revenues....we would have had a better position, facing this crisis if we had not added $6 trillion to the National Debt....imo.

we pay $400 billion a year, just on the interest payment for our debt, (and we only collect 1 trillion in income taxes a year so 40% of our income tax monies goes towards paying mostly foreigners an interest payment for the debt we have with them) and it will be going up up up from there with all of this money being spent on the Banks and insurance companies and financial institutions and stimulus bills and auto companies....that we simply don't have....and it's leaving us without the wiggle room to borrow, if we come upon a huge national catastrophe or in a war with an enemy with a big army... :(

care

what is it now? how much did your god contribute to it?? more in six months than bush did in 8 years is what I've read.. how close to the truth is that? doyathink?

Obama in his 1/2 year is definitely on track to outspend Bush's 8 years. Also do not forget there was Democratic control of both the House and Senate the last two years of Bush's last term. They have to own the gas price increases and the housing collapse.

Add in the foolish Tarp Bill and 2 Pork laden "stimulus" packages created by Pelosi and Reed at a trillion each. Debt always costs us more.

care

what is it now? how much did your god contribute to it?? more in six months than bush did in 8 years is what I've read.. how close to the truth is that? doyathink?

oh willow, what you spout is simply a lie....that is how it is explained....and one that those that are clueless on numbers and how our budget works and how our national debt works and what a Budget deficit is, can easily believe because it is not easily understood....shoot, it took me 4 years of trying to figure it out before i finally did!!!!

Obama is not my god, you can stop that bullshit right now....I did not support obama or vote for Obama so enough of your shallow retorts on such! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! ;)

fyi Obama's first full budget yr begins october 1st, 2009.....the fiscal budget we are in now, began october 1st, 2008....

Fiscal 2009 will be added to the Bush Legacy....we will probably have a national debt of 12 trillion by the time fiscal 2009 is said and done which means under the bush legacy, $7 trillion was added to the national debt in his 8 years (not 6 trillion), regardless of who held congress, which was for the most part, republicans, during his 8 yr reign....

We have not added $6/$7 trillion in national debt in this one year....nor will we have a $6 trillion dollar deficit this year...

this is what your comment infers, which is ridiculously incorrect....seriously!

Care

Forum List

Back