Tax Day Tea Party

Interesting, the left, which has no grass roots orgs but was instead funded by George Soros and his lil pals accusses 'GoP Billionaires' of funding a true populist movement.

Once again, the hypocrisy meter is off the hook.

The stock market peaked under Bush as well and what is it's value now? Where it was during the Clinton years and headed even further south? The crash may have started under Bush but Obama has done nothing to reverse the fall and in fact has incresed it. The peak by the way occured in October 2007 just before the Dem congress' first budget took effect...

Interesting, the left, which has no grass roots orgs but was instead funded by George Soros and his lil pals accusses 'GoP Billionaires' of funding a true populist movement.

Once again, the hypocrisy meter is off the hook.
no shit
the libs are all fucking morons if they believe that

Building upon the success of the February 27th "Chicago Tea Party" Rallies, many of the organizers are now working to develop an even larger day of protests set to happen on April 15th, 2009.

Nationwide Tax Day Tea Party :: April 15th, 2009

Are the idiots who came up with the name of this thing aware that the Boston Tea Party was a protest against taxation without representation ?

Come up with a better name, because today you get taxed by duly elected representatives. Your choices may have lost but that's how democracy works, all you guys are doing is whining like little bitches now. Don't pretend that bitching about taxation and spending by a government elected by the people is anything even close to what the Boston Tea Party was about, what a load of crap.

Ironically, I bet just about every single one of the rightie nutbags involved in this are fine with the citizens of D.C. getting taxed without representation in Congress.

You don't want to pay too many taxes?

Easy, either go broke or make so much money you can afford an army of accounts.

For those of you who are productive middle class citizens, well...you're just screwed.

You are expected to pay the taxes for those who cannot work, and for those who make huge amounts of dough.

It's the middle class squeeze.

For those of you who are productive middle class citizens, well...you're just screwed.

You are expected to pay the taxes for those who cannot work, and for those who make huge amounts of dough.

I got by my entire working career managing to pay less tax than what my earnings showed I should. FAR less.

They should have scheduled this for Tax Freedom Day, which is April 23rd this year.

“Government continues to dominate the American taxpayer’s budget,” said Tax Foundation president Scott Hodge. “Americans will still spend more on taxes in 2008 than they will spend on food, clothing and housing combined.”In 2008, Americans will work 74 days to afford their federal taxes and 39 more days to pay state and local taxes. Meanwhile, buying food requires 35 days of work, clothing 13 days, and housing 60 days. Other major categories are health and medical care (50 days), transportation (29 days), and recreation (21 days).

Link - The Tax Foundation - America Celebrates Tax Freedom Day®

Last edited:

I got by my entire working career managing to pay less tax than what my earnings showed I should. FAR less.

That's nice.

Few people are in a ppsition to do that, but good for you.

the middle class and the poor will be paying ANY tax increase, by means of higher costs for the products they buy

the middle class and the poor will be paying ANY tax increase, by means of higher costs for the products they buy

And higher energy costs caused by the Cap and Trade 'hidden tax'.

I agree with the following, it's about letting your reps know that you do not approve for those turning the country into a second level state. Lots of links at site:

Instapundit » Blog Archive » LOTS MORE TEA PARTY PROTEST NEWS rounded up here. Meanwhile, Tom Blumer complains of insufficient m…

MARCH 8, 2009
LOTS MORE TEA PARTY PROTEST NEWS rounded up here. Meanwhile, Tom Blumer complains of insufficient media coverage.

I suppose he’s got a point, but these protests are being well-covered in local media around the country. In terms of influencing Congress, I’d rather have a few hundred people march in each district than have a hundred thousand march in Washington, DC, even if the latter got a lot of coverage. Believe me, Green Bay congressman Steve Kagen knows there are people in his district who are upset, now. Getting 1,200 people who don’t usually protest to turn out and march on a Congressional office makes a point.

Meanwhile, here’s a blog report from Green Bay. And some more pictures.

Posted at by Glenn Reynolds at 8:23 pm

That's nice.

Few people are in a ppsition to do that, but good for you.
Every wage earner is in a position to do that. One must first decide that it's a priority.

How? Aren't prices determined by the market, and not by tax rates?
Many things fit into the price equation. Overhead is one. If I can make my widgets cheaper to keep the price down I will. When Uncle Sam takes a bigger chunk, if I want to keep my price competitive I cut somewhere. Like say, a worker or two. Or, I don't buy that new machine. Or, forgo those raises I was gonna give the crew...

Or heck, maybe the overhead pressures will just get too damned high and I'll just have some child-labor factory in China make my widgets, for 1/8th of what it costs me to make them, and cut my price a nickel while laying everyone off, selling all my equipment, moving out of the factory and selling it, and rake in 1000 times the profit as before!

My 200 or so ex-employees can find other work, no problem!

/hypothetical but real-world deal.

How? Aren't prices determined by the market, and not by tax rates?
Many things fit into the price equation. Overhead is one. If I can make my widgets cheaper to keep the price down I will. When Uncle Sam takes a bigger chunk, if I want to keep my price competitive I cut somewhere. Like say, a worker or two. Or, I don't buy that new machine. Or, forgo those raises I was gonna give the crew...

Or heck, maybe the overhead pressures will just get too damned high and I'll just have some child-labor factory in China make my widgets, for 1/8th of what it costs me to make them, and cut my price a nickel while laying everyone off, selling all my equipment, moving out of the factory and selling it, and rake in 1000 times the profit as before!

yup
either way, the middle class and the poor pay it
either with higher costs or a reduction in jobs

When Uncle Sam takes a bigger chunk, if I want to keep my price competitive I cut somewhere. Like say, a worker or two. Or, I don't buy that new machine. Or, forgo those raises I was gonna give the crew...

?????? Income taxes aren't "overhead." Other taxes may or may not be, but income taxes are not. They are applied AFTER the profit. Overhead is applied BEFORE the profit. I think you don't know what you're talking about.

yup

Right, because a rich man never took a temporary loss in order to make a long term gain. If taxes go up he's got to make up the loss IMMEDIATELY, he can't say, keep prices lower than his competitors, take a loss for a little while, in order to drive away competition and make long term gains. Businessmen never do anything like that. Taxes go up $1 per widget - they will charge you exactly $1 more per widget, without fail, they are like moronic robots.

Is that what you are trying to say?

otherwise - they lay off labor and make a product of exactly the same quality? Because if that's the case, that's just making their business more efficient and I thought that was a GOOD thing, right? Or do you consider business more like a charitable organization, who is supposed to hire employees they don't really need?

please, elaborate!

Last edited:
yup

Right, because a rich man never took a temporary loss in order to make a long term gain. If taxes go up he's got to make up the loss IMMEDIATELY, he can't say, keep prices lower than his competitors, take a loss for a little while, in order to drive away competition and make long term gains. Businessmen never do anything like that. Taxes go up $1 per widget - they will charge you exactly $1 more per widget, without fail, they are like moronic robots.

Is that what you are trying to say?

otherwise - they lay off labor and make a product of exactly the same quality? Because if that's the case, that's just making their business more efficient and I thought that was a GOOD thing, right? Or do you consider business more like a charitable organization, who is supposed to hire employees they don't really need?

please, elaborate!
you still dont get it
that was a simplified example in hopes you MIGHT understand
but you prove yet again what a moron you are

When Uncle Sam takes a bigger chunk, if I want to keep my price competitive I cut somewhere. Like say, a worker or two. Or, I don't buy that new machine. Or, forgo those raises I was gonna give the crew...

?????? Income taxes aren't "overhead." Other taxes may or may not be, but income taxes are not. They are applied AFTER the profit. Overhead is applied BEFORE the profit. I think you don't know what you're talking about.
If you're a business, these taxes go in quarterly reports to the IRS. ALL outlays and disbursements are overhead, slick. Add to this, you know in advance when taxes are going up, and you plan accordingly.

I note in passing you had no comment on the rest of the hypothetical.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back